Wie sieht Eure Umgebung aus? Wo läuft GPS und wo sind die Grenzen des Systems?

Hello zusammen,

ich habe dieses Projekt vor kurzem entdeckt und die Idee lässt mich nicht los.
Da ich im Garten (leider) 2 Bäume habe und eine schmale Gasse zwischen den Häusern, bin ich mir nicht sicher wie gut der GPS fix ausfallen wird.

In rot habe ich die Grundstücksgrenze markiert. Die Gasse ist ca. 2,2m zwischen den Häusern.
Die Bäume wirken bei der Draufsicht wegen des Schattenwurfs leider etwas mächtiger als sie sind.
In blau habe ich Büsche und Bäume markiert, die demnächst entfallen sollen.

Als System würde ich gerne die RTK Variante einsetzen, ohne Schleife und ohne WLAN.

Die Antenne könnte ich auf die Garage , das Gartenhaus oder den Wintergarten setzen.
Aufs Dach würde auch gehen, möchte ich aber wenn möglich vermeiden.

Bis auf die Bäume und die Gasse hätte ich keine Bedenken,
was meint ihr?

Besten Dank im Voraus,

Sam!

Anhänge

• 1655818461486.jpg
    1655818461486.jpg
    5,1 MB · Aufrufe: 12
  • 1655818461504.jpg
    1655818461504.jpg
    4,6 MB · Aufrufe: 11
  • 1655818461519.jpg
    1655818461519.jpg
    3,8 MB · Aufrufe: 12
  • Ardumower.jpg
    Ardumower.jpg
    1,8 MB · Aufrufe: 11
Die Gasse würde ich schon als aussichtslos ansehen.
An den Bäumen/Büschen gibt es auch Stellen, wo fast alle Richtungen verbaut und somit fast nur nach oben offen ist. Muss man probieren.

Die große Rasenfläche bzw. auch der frei werdende Bereich wird problemlos gehen.

Ich habe auch einen Bereich, den ich maximal erwischen würde, wenn ich in den Einstellungen viel Ungenauigkeit zulassen/riskieren würde. Da ist es mit dem Wachstum meines Rasens eh schwierig. Da muss ich nur selten mähen. Momentan mähe ich dort alle 2 Wochen mal schnell mit dem Handmäher durch.

Dafür mäht Muh, mein ArduMower, den perfekt wachsenden Rasenbereich alle 1-3 Tage. Das war früher immer meine Problemzone, die viel Arbeit bereitete und ich meist viel zu lang werden ließ. Hier lasse ich ihn auch sehr nah an einem Zaun vorbeilaufen und an Beeten auf 8cm Begrenzungssteinen und hatte noch nie Probleme mit der Genauigkeit.
Also: Neben dem Spaß an der Technik, dennoch viel Nutzen erreicht.

Wäre vielleicht auch ein Konzept für Dich. Dann kannst noch immer sehen, ob Du den Rest auch noch durch lockere Filtereinstellungen hinbekommst und mit etwas größerem Genauigkeitsrisiko leben kannst.

@corwin42
Wenn man mehr als 10 Rasenkarten pflegen möchte, kann man sich auch Karten auf einem Rechner in einer Textdatei speichern und so dem aktuellen Betrieb ausmustern, ohne diese zu verlieren.
So kann man sich beispielsweise einen "perfekten" Perimeter sichern, auch wenn man gerade ein paar flexible Aussparungen betreibt.

Man kann sich auch die Karten in Excel in einem xy-Diagramm darstellen lassen und darin etwas komfortabler "rumspielen" und dann die neuen Punkte wieder in die Karten übertragen.

Die Möglichkeiten gegenüber einem Draht sind unbegrenzt. Außerdem kannst Du halt sicherstellen, dass der Mäher seinen Korridor nicht zu weit verlässt und ihn dann aufhören lassen, wenn etwas nicht stimmt.
Übersieht ein Mäher mit Draht aus irgendeinem Grund den Draht, läuft er munter weiter geradeaus, gern auch auf die Straße, wenn es keine Hindernisse gibt.

Aber: Du brauchst halt Satellitenempfang. Es gibt Tage, da kommt er nicht in bestimmte Ecken bzw. Ecken, in die er nie kommt.

Hi all, I'm also curious about viability of RTK (NTRIP or long-range) on my property. Attaching two images. The steeper part is maximum 20-25% grade. Total area is around 1000 m^2.

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.03.39.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.03.39.png
    5,8 MB · Aufrufe: 12
  • Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.04.13.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.04.13.png
    2,2 MB · Aufrufe: 13
For RTK I think no problem.
The only problems I see are the wall and the street because the mower can not reach the borders.

But 99% of the area are possible to be mowed fully automatically with an RTK mower.

For RTK I think no problem.
The only problems I see are the wall and the street because the mower can not reach the borders.

But 99% of the area are possible to be mowed fully automatically with an RTK mower.
Interesting, so these trees don't present an issue?

About wall and street I understand, that will have to be done manually. I'm interested in covering the vast majority.

Your trees are not so tall and big. I think also not that you will get any GPS Problems. Under this Willow tree and hazel nut tree, the Ardumower make sometimes stops, because the GPS Signal is sometimes bad. You can set a time of seconds in the Sunray APP in which the Ardumower did drive with a not so stable signal for some seconds. But this some seconds can be help that the Ardumower did not stop. And you can change the GPS filter in the mower firmware, this can help that the Ardumower did not stop if the GPS signal is weak.

Anhänge

• IMG_20220607_104329.jpg
    IMG_20220607_104329.jpg
    474,2 KB · Aufrufe: 3
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
HI.
Here is my yard.

mow.png

Red and orange is the house, green some big trees though probably not a problem and blue perimeter to be mowed.

The yard is right up against a very tall, flat house wall (maybe 7 meters) with a smaller 4 meter shed wall.
Other than the walls there is a clear view of the sky in most directions.

I was wondering how much of a problem would reflections on the house wall be, and how close to the wall can the mower go before gps fix becomes a problem.
Thx!

Welcome,

how long is the 7m wall? And is your yard directly on the 7m Wall or is there are something between the wall and the yard? How much is your evas of your roof?

I think it is better to see some real pictures.

Ciao
Willi

The wall is ≈7m tall, maybe more, and 12m wide.

It is directly against the wall, Im assuming that part is not going to be mowable due to gps innacuracy, I was wondering how bad gps reflection/blocking is going to be since this is a particularly tall house.

Not sure what you mean by evas.

I'll attach some pictures.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
With evas, I mean the roof overhang. On my house the wall is on the yard side 11m and round about 8m tall. The roof overhang is 40cm. But I have never problems on this wall. but between the wall and the yard is a way of 50cm wide stone plates. On my garage is the roof overhang round about 60cm and there I have seen sometimes bad GPS signals, but the wall is not so tall.

I think you can get problems only on the corners between the 4m and 7m wall, you can only prepare it. But it can bee that you need more distance to the corners. The apple trees are not a problem. In the middle I see a pool? What is with the other big yard area outside of the blue line?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The overhang is not too bad, good to hear that it works for you since this sounds like a similar situation, I think ill just accept that those corners or close to the wall might be problematic.

Its an old fountain.
The yard keeps going, its around 6600 square meters, the part outside that perimeter gets mowed twice a year.
I dont know if the ardumower will be able to handle all of it, so for now Ill be happy with just the blue perimeter, should be around 1200 square meters.

Thank you!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
How long and wide is the complete yard incl the 6600square meters? Because the mow area is limited.

It varies, around 100m long and 60m wide.

As far as I understand it should be OK, I am more concerned with how long it would take it to complete all of it.

You find in the Ardumower Wiki/Sunray the following sentece:

To save memory, the rover will always use relative coordinates for the map etc. The map origin (0,0) for the maps can be choosen in the App. WARNING: The relative coordinates cannot be larger than +/-300m. You have to ensure that the map origin (0,0) is not further away than 300m from all recorded points in your map.

Ardumower Sunray – www.wiki.ardumower.de

So I think you can mow the complete area, if you wont. But it can be that the standard Ardumower is to small for the big yard. I think you have to use 2 or 3 Ardumowers or build your own with 2 or 3 mow motors. You can use one RTK/GPS Base station with more as one Ardumower. On my yard, mow the Ardumower and Alfred at the same time with one RTK/GPS base station. But you have make for each Ardumower a own mow area, for example, one Arudmower mow the left side and the other one mow the ridght side. You can overlapping the mow area, but it can be that the mower make boxing together on the border cut...
You can use a 30Ah or 40Ah batterie, so the Ardumower can mow 10h and more without recharge.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I test actually 2 large mowers with 3 mow motors (53 cm mowing width)
One RL1000 with PCB1.3 and GCM4 and the standart SUNRAY firmware (only INA226 sense is special)
The result is 400 M2 per hour at 0.4 m/s and with a 10Ah battery it can mow 2 hours at 2mm higher new grass.

One RL2000 with teensyPCB and a special sunray firmware (all transition speed are increase : linear from 0.1 to setspeed/2 ,so 0.2 m/s and angular are *2) IMU is read each 50 ms , memory is *2 compare to GCM4 and maybe other change i don't remember
The result is really faster.

The only issue is the size of the battery, you need to find a big battery with fast charging feature.

mow speed.png

WhatATest... If you ask me, photos look perfect for GPSrtk. You wont have problems with fix. Maybe you cant go straight to the wall, keep a distance of 2 meters or so..

I test actually 2 large mowers with 3 mow motors (53 cm mowing width)
One RL1000 with PCB1.3 and GCM4 and the standart SUNRAY firmware (only INA226 sense is special)
The result is 400 M2 per hour at 0.4 m/s and with a 10Ah battery it can mow 2 hours at 2mm higher new grass.

One RL2000 with teensyPCB and a special sunray firmware (all transition speed are increase : linear from 0.1 to setspeed/2 ,so 0.2 m/s and angular are *2) IMU is read each 50 ms , memory is *2 compare to GCM4 and maybe other change i don't remember
The result is really faster.

The only issue is the size of the battery, you need to find a big battery with fast charging feature.

Anhang anzeigen 6103
HI, i cant believe that. I am using high speeds as well... ok, no large mower but its going good. the time the app shows is in my case, and i think in your case too not true.... i need 8h+ for 1300m2 and app says something stupidly low like 4.5h, but only if you do it regularly. honestly, 4h for 1600m2 cant be right...

Hallo,

ich habe meine Basis aufgebaut und am Laptop mit u Center gehangen. Leider sagt mir das alles nicht sehr viel nur soweit das ich verbunden bin und Satelliten sehe.
Kann mir einer Helfen und sagen worauf es ankommt um erst mal zusehen ob die Antenne vom Standort laut U Center Praktikabel ist.
Ich habe auch eine Dump Receiver Diagnostik durchgeführt.

A1.jpgA2.jpg

Oben