Wie sieht Eure Umgebung aus? Wo läuft GPS und wo sind die Grenzen des Systems?

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I see the images didn’t attach. Hopefully here now case it’s makes more sense

I would say no way to get this working with sunray.
But would also be interesting for what kind of mower you are planing?
Mowing a lawn which is usually used for cows and a size like that... can't imagine anything based on electric could do the job.
And to mount the sunray board/software on some big fuel engine based mower... I would not even think about giving this a try.

but I'm wondering if I have too many trees in my garden for GPS RTK

Large trees are no problem for me, never have seen the mower getting a bad GPS signal under my big trees.
But depends on the size, how many and how are the other conditions.
Maybe posting a google maps picture will help us to give more details.

Thanks for your advice. After reading it I have done a lot more research and have decided to go with a Pixhawk Cube based rover as my learning start point then hopefully adding a companion computer like a Jetson Nano or Raspberry Pi as I learn more.

I presently have a Husqvarna 315 for our lawn and it is surprisingly effective when I tried topping the cattle pasture with it, as it is only cutting what the cattle haven’t eaten (which isn’t much - weeds and unpalatable grass). The cutting design (3 swinging blades on a disk) is very similar to some of our tractor mowers (drum mowers). My intention is to make a cutter half way between the two in size and use a battery powered conventional lawn mower for the base / donor and replace it with something custom built based on what I learn from running it as a prototype.

Thanks for all your advice

Oben