ROBOMOW RL1000 Rebuild

For my RL2000 i have use bernard’s soft and it works great.
B tronic, with sunray the automatic return to charging base don’t work no ?

Hi,
at the Moment I modify my RL1000 with the GPS system and a docking station.
I have changed the Sunray firmware to work with the Robomow.
If you need some help, just ask.
Hi b-tronic,
I plan to modify my RL2000 with PCB1.4 and GPS, which additional hardware do you use? GrandCentral M4, or still Arduino-Board?
May you can help me to find the best setup for me? ;-)

Thank you.
Daniel

Hi,
i use the GrandCentral, 3 INA226, 3 IBT Driver , the Odo solution with the hall sensors and a self build 10Ah Lion battery.

I modified the ESP32 software to control the mower over mqtt with openhab.

At the moment i am working on the charging station.

Do you have a 3d printer ?

I use a lot of part from Bernard and some others (GPS antenna holder, RTK solder plate case, ESP32 case, ESP32 external antenna, Mower control panel...

Regards B-Tronic

Hi,
i use the GrandCentral, 3 INA226, 3 IBT Driver , the Odo solution with the hall sensors and a self build 10Ah Lion battery.

I use a lot of part from Bernard and some others (GPS antenna holder, RTK solder plate case, ESP32 case, ESP32 external antenna, Mower control panel...

Regards B-Tronic
Thanks b-tronic for this while.
I think I will have more questions later on ;-)

Hi,

Regards B-Tronic
Hi b-tronic,
how is the integration of the 3 mower motors in sunray? Is it possible to read all the currents and secure the board from overload? May you can share your modified sunray FW?
best regards
Daniel

Hi,
i read the current from the 3 mower motors, but only the highest one is used for the overload protection.
Just look at the attached files. Search after "uwe" then you will see the modifications.
No warrenty ! ; )

Anhänge

• driver.zip
    7,9 KB · Aufrufe: 26
Forgot this file...

(i tooked the changings from Bernard, many thanks to him)

Just write a PN if you need help (german is easier)

Anhänge

• motor.zip
    3,8 KB · Aufrufe: 17
I changed now to Odo Sensors into Hall sensors with 12 magnets.
Now, in my case the signal is much more better. When i do the Odo test, the wheels stop very exactly, before when i did the 5 turn test it was always different.
Just watch:
Anhang anzeigen 347Anhang anzeigen 348Anhang anzeigen 349
Thank you very much for your template.
Anhang anzeigen 346
Hi can you send me the STL for the hall sensor and magnet mount. ? Or guide me to where to finde them. 😁 I will be happy to have alle the STL for robomow

For odometry

The last version use KY003 with 24 magnet mount in North South opposite F3d and stl are here:

And some video and picture.
Do not forget to remove original robomow magnet.

magnet odo.jpg
Anhang anzeigen odo magnet.mp4

Hi Bernard
thanks for the quick and accurate reply. it's nice to be able to ask and that someone bothers to answer.
I'll probably ask other questions. hope that is not too much trouble

the parts have already been ordered and I need to get the printer up and running soon :)

I already have one more question. what is the reason for using 3 pcs IBT-2 H-Bridge is one not enough ??

thanks in advance / best regards
Henrik Laursen

I already have one more question. what is the reason for using 3 pcs IBT-2 H-Bridge is one not enough ??
In working condition It's better to control the sense of individual motor in case one is totaly blocked by a piece of wood for example. It's avoid smoke and destroy one motor, but for test you can use only one driver .

I don't use sunray ,so i can't help on RTK part ,certainly @b-tronic can ! but the hardware is normaly OK

The pattern of the RL500 wheels is very plain. Poor grip.

This is my solution:
Hi b-tronic,
I'm new in this group and I want to pimp my RL500 with the GPS kit, still waiting for the necessary components. I have two pieces of the Robomower (one as a spare part supplier), so I have one RL500 running while the other one will be updated. Because I have also those problems with the wheels, I want to ask you for the stl file of your solution. Is there a download place? This would really help me and I thank you in advance!
Cheers

I have attached the stl file. No warrenty ! ; )
Please check it with Tinkercad or some similar program.

Regards B-Tronic

Anhänge

• RL500_Stollenrad.zip
    42,2 KB · Aufrufe: 7
For odometry

The last version use KY003 with 24 magnet mount in North South opposite F3d and stl are here:

And some video and picture.
Do not forget to remove original robomow magnet.

Anhang anzeigen 3567
Anhang anzeigen 3566
Hi Bernard,
May I ask you how you got the magnetic disk on the motor axis. I don't have a plan right now :-( Can you please give me a hint?
Best regards
Mario

Addition:
I think found a solution. It probably only works if you “lever” the entire engine block unit with the gearbox out of the housing. After loosening the drive gear you have enough space to install the magnet wheel.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I think found a solution. It probably only works if you “lever” the entire engine block unit with the gearbox out of the housing. After loosening the drive gear you have enough space to install the magnet wheel.
Exactly. You need to disassemble the gearbox.
here the link to 3d file.

Hi,

The days are slowly getting longer again, the grass is already growing a bit and it won't be long before I can finally test my Ardu/Robomower (RL 500 Base) in the wild.
I still have one problem (for now!): The Robomower has 2 balancing weights at the front to compensate for the weight of the originally heavy lead battery. Since I have replaced the battery with lithium cells, of course, I no longer need this compensation and this also makes the Ardu/Robomower lighter and easier to handle. But I just can't manage to remove these two weights in a simple way and I suspect that they are clamped on their plastic holder by tabs. Now I have seen that you Bernard have removed these 2 weights. How did you manage to do that? Did you have to remove (cut off) the plastic holder? I would be very happy to receive an answer from you!
By the way, I would like to thank you Bernard and b-tropic for your helpful contributions to the forum! Without them I would never have managed the Ardumower Sunray conversion. Un grand merci!

Mario

Anhänge

• IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    2,7 MB · Aufrufe: 30
  • IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    1,9 MB · Aufrufe: 28
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    1,9 MB · Aufrufe: 28
Did you have to remove (cut off) the plastic holder?
Yes
In my case i also add a weight (only one dead lead acid battery 12V7ah) inside the battery pack to have a better traction of the wheel but it's according your grass and mowing area.

Here the STL file to print the stopper.

Anhänge

• stopper.zip
    1,6 MB · Aufrufe: 7
Oben