ROBOMOW RL1000 Rebuild

ina226-1.jpg
Here the INA 226 sensor wiring.
The 3 I2C command are parallel connected to I2C7 and you need to use 1 i2c adress on each one with solder join on A0 or A1
ina226-2.jpg
Do not forget to replace the R100 by a R010 resistor shunt.

And here the 3 INA226 mount Under the PCB1.3 using 3D printed parts (Better to use PETG )
ina226.jpgina226-3.jpgina226-4.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@dinocb
I use this module from Marotronics
The F3D file are on GitHub Under RL1000
Here the picture for wiring:
Simply follow the 4 colors wire (Red VCC,Blue GND,Yellow and Green ,left or right wheel)
odo10.jpg
odo11.jpg

And the 3D parts are assemble like that:
odo1.jpg

On Bumper:
To have the left and right information you need to cut (Inside the bumper) the small "wire spring" just in the front middle of the mower.
bumper2.jpg

Hello, i just startet to build up my first Robomower with ardumower pcb 1.3, i have 3 of rl 1000 to rl 2000 mowers, one gets broken, the main pcba was burned. Now i just finish the implementation of the pcb and everyting looks like it works...

I dont have a 3D Printer so actually i use the original odometer sensors. They have less signals than yours, i connected them without the odo divider directly to to arduino...
I hope the signals are enough...

I have no ardumower perimeter sensor right now, i thought i can use the original robomow perimeter but i think that will not work am i right? i just ordered the senser set...

I think you use the azurit 1.09 am i right? Have you done some special programmig that your mower works as good as i can see in the Videos? Can you provide your code?

Best regards Lars

Be carreful that the PCB1.3 can't manage the 3 Mow Motor without changing the motor driver or your are going to burn it.
3 IBT-2 drivers and 3 INA226 are mandatory for mow motor management.

I use my own firmware based on Azurit but 80% are rewrite to work with this plateform.
The code is here:
but can't work without the exact same config as mine .
GY88 IMU,720tics/rev odometry minimum, and PiZero are mandatory

Maybe you can test Azurit 1.09 but deactivate odometry (Not sure it can work)
Original robomow perimeter is not possible without rewrite all the code and certainly the Due can't decode correctly the robomow sender signal.

By.

Hello,
yes i know about the mower motors, at this time i dont connect hem becouse its just standing on a table and its also to dangerous. I ordered 3 the drivers you use but they didnt arrive yet.

Here a Picture how it looks like right now...

Iam just thinking about to test and wait for thesunray firmware with gps rtk. The Problem is i have a lot of lawn fields about 300 to 500 square meters per piece and they are separated by Roads where i have no chance for a perimeter wire... But first i wanted to play around a little bit in an area with parameter. Or i put perimeters everywhere and use normal gps to change the areas, iam not sure at this time.

Iam good in electronics and programming but noch in mechanical things. Thats why i tried to use the original odometer sensors with 66pulses per wheel turn...
On the desk with azurit it looks like it works...

The PI is also needet in your solution? so no chance without? and display and so on also i think...

To use the same Sensors should be no problem becouse they are cheap...

Best regards Lars

Anhänge

• 71315CCA-3862-44A5-858B-C8306FA24446.jpeg
    71315CCA-3862-44A5-858B-C8306FA24446.jpeg
    1,8 MB · Aufrufe: 123
The PI is also needet in your solution? so no chance without? and display and so on also i think..
The pi is not mandatory.But help a lot:
The firmware version i use AZURITBER use the Pi with RFID READER to know perfectly the location of the mower on the wire and is used
to mow on many area
here you can find a video:
At 2 mn you can see the mower leave the main area and go the the second area across the road (No wire Under road)
The mower can mow on the main area with station and peimeter1
A second simple communicating sender using ESP32 and L298N is locate on area2 so you need perimeter wire on the 2 area and electricity on the area2.

For sunray check first with Alexander the minimum odometry ticks and the free sky on your mowing area to have a fix GPS but certainly a very cool solution.

Hello, i follow your Diagrams by wireing my RL1000, thank you very much, everything was very clear...

Best regards Lars

Anhänge

• 5D922F48-834B-4182-9105-AD0E9CB5FD49.jpeg
    5D922F48-834B-4182-9105-AD0E9CB5FD49.jpeg
    2,1 MB · Aufrufe: 122
Hi, i have a problem with the odo. I use the same setup like Bernard but when i test it the wheels left and right are not equal.

In the Ardumower app are shown 731 ticks for the left and 736 ticks for the right wheel.

But take a look at t he pictures.....

Anhänge

• IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    640,7 KB · Aufrufe: 112
  • IMG_3624.jpg
    IMG_3624.jpg
    610,9 KB · Aufrufe: 99
It's totaly OK.
It's not stepper motor and the firmware use a +or- 10 ticks to stop on position (Remamber that 720 ticks are needed for 360 deg)
In the test ODO from arduremote check that all test are OK.
Drive the mower in manual, The result need to be very smooth.

After checking your picture i need more info (when you start the 1 turn the 2 white mark are align or not)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
There must be something wrong with the pulse count.
When i start 1 turn Wheel Fwd the right wheel stops earlier then the left one. Ticks Right / Left is 730/731

But the distance which the left wheel turned was much more then the right one.

I have connected a Arduino Nano to the odo inputs for counting the pulses.

When i turn the wheels by hand 1 turn i get a count of 720 on both sides

When i use the 1 turn Wheel function the Nano counts left 1235 and right 811.
Without the divider this should be 1440 on every side.

Any hints what i can check ?????

@bernard look at the pictures from my last post. The right picture is before i start 1 turn (both marks are equal) and the left picture after 1 turn.

But this is not always the same result, sometime it fits, sometimes not and sometimes the difference is bigger as the picture shows.......

The issue is in the odometry kit.

The small PCB for odometry have 2 blue poti
dual-drehzahlsensor-counting-modul-fuer-odometrie-drehzahlmessung-arduino-raspberry-pi~2.jpg
Try to adjust them to find the correct trig of signal at high speed

Check also that the emiter and receiver are correctly aligned on the 12 hole of the 3D odo wheel

For the NANO count i don't realy understand your post but the 1 rev is 60*12=720 ticks , if you count the ON/OFF AND OFF/ON it's 1440.

The ODO diviser is not perfect on PCB1.3 but it's work perfectly on my RL1000 since 60 Hours,so you can certainly find the correct adjustment

I tried to adjust the pots, but when i go from the middle a little bit left or right it gets worst on both sides.
The odo wheel is printed with black filament to get the best light / dark difference, and the parts fit perfect (really great work, thanks).

My meaning is that there is something wrong with the pcb, when i change the left and the right side (on Ardu pcb too) the behavior changes too.

To check the pulses i just connected a arduino nano with the two interrupt pins to the odo inputs from the ardumower pcb and let it count the pulses.

When i turn the wheels slowly by hand everything looks fine, when i use the odo test it is different.

Now i wait for a new odo pcb to check again....

I have also do the Odo Test with original azurit today, With the one turn Function, the right wheel alsways do exactly one whole turn and count 120 pulses. The Left wheel is slower and stops together with the right one and only counts about 112 counts. You know, i still have 120 pulses per turn. I think the Program let only one wheel torn the 360 degrees... But when i remember my first test with the chassis, i had the Problem that the left wheel all the time stops in the middle of the action, so sometimes makes only half round very unstable. And the reason was, that the connectors at the motors have been lose... On the Desk i dont recognize that, but later when i drive on the Ground it was clear... Ok, clear after 2 burned Motor drivers...

Best regards Lars

Here the GY87 Imu wiring:
This module:

Follow the wire color and use only I2C1 on PCB1.3
GY87.jpgwiring gy87.jpg

The test code is here:
result need to show:
Code:
Use I2C1_SCANNER to check the GY87 connection.
GY87 connected on PCB1.3 I2C1 (direct i2c)
Result of I2C scan on Wire1 for a GY87

Scanning bus I2C1...

I2C1 device found at address 0x1E
I2C1 device found at address 0x68
I2C1 device found at address 0x77
Scanning bus I2C1...
I2C1 device found at address 0x1E
I2C1 device found at address 0x68
I2C1 device found at address 0x77

And the AZURITBER for GY87 is here:

Bernard, why do you use the VCC_IN Pin and not the 3,3 V ?

IOREF from the Arduino DUE is IMHO 3,3V not 5V

I have connected 3,3V from the IMU and it works.

It's like you want (The main is the result ;) )
Tested actually since last Week 4 hours each day with 0 issue and the wiring that i describe.

I have only GY80 schematics but see IC1 and JP1 3.3V is output generate when you power the module with 5 V .
The board works on 3.3V and yes DUE is 3.3V so iOREF is perfect (This can't work on Mega but the firmware also).

Oben