Arudmower auf Basis Denna L600 Neuaufbau

Hi there,
I'm working with Wortmann30 on his project.
My part will be electronics and firmware.
I'm glad to see that your project is so similar to ours, that offers a chance for you and us.
I am also really interestet in your rfid solution, does it have a good repeatability to detect the tags?
Are you lucky with the 125kHz Rfid or would you prefer NFC with a higer range?
I have some experience withe the NFC on 13.56Mhz RFID.

Greetings
++gut

Ok got it.

In the meanwile i printet one part for test.
It look‘s not 100% i will reprint it in other direktion starting to get a better result at the surface.
4B8427B2-C544-4CB4-966F-92E12ACC6015.jpeg

Marc
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/med...07/4B8427B2-C544-4CB4-966F-92E12ACC6015.jpeg/

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hello,
I am working with Marc on his project.
I will support him with electronics and software.
Bernard, I have a few questions to you: Do you interface the rfid over the arduino on the PCB 1.3 or otherwise?
Regards

Hi.
Actually i use a phidget RFID reader (it's USB devise so i connect it to the Raspberry PI).
So all the code is in Python in the PI and notihng Inside the Arduino.

I have tested many reader and continue to search the best and low cost one .
I have ordered other reader, It is serial devise so maybe i connect it to the PCB1.3 using the Serial ESP free connection. or again directly to the Raspberry ??

The management of the Rfid TAG need many user entry so for me it's easier to build this with the PI with the Screen but maybe in the futur i adapt this to PCB1.3 only .

Here dev screen of setting.
settingrfid.jpg

Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/settingrfid.jpg/

Hi all

Long time I was bussy with my new toy a 3D printer.
But now I back on my Ardumower.

The design was further developed and looks like in the picture below.

And now my question for the ultrasonic sensors. I build in three, one in the middle and one each side, with an angle of 20 degree to the side.
The whole sensors in vertikal possition on arround 250mm higth.

Are this position ok? And whats about the higth of Installation in vertikal possition?

I did not plan to make this sensors adjustable.
E5A94712-428E-4D7D-A338-D1C15C791B89.jpeg

Marc
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/med...07/E5A94712-428E-4D7D-A338-D1C15C791B89.jpeg/

Hi.
Not really sure that 3 sensors is better than 2 scanning in the mowing direction and not at 20 degree. The center one is certainly optional.

This sensor works perfectly at 70 CM, so if you put them at 20 deg on left and right you can detect something that the mower never hit if it go straight.

Actually i use them at this position and they work perfectly
Mower width 480 mm
Scan straight ,distance between them 210 mm, 300 mm high from ground and at 300 mm from the front of mower.
If you need i can send a photo.

By.

Hi
Ok i was thinking that it need to have them adjustable or in an angle, as i saw that in you pictures you send last Time.

So i got you that that Is not nessesary, Right?

Marc

Hi.
Certainly you can only rebuild the simple part on the top cover and print 2 or 3 of them in many angle but for me
The left and right sonar in straight dirction are Ok.
What about bumper ? Or you want to use only the sonar.
By

Hi Bernard,

ok I will see what I do for the Ultrasonic.

The Bumperduino I will use and it ist the blue hose on the green bumper part on low end of the mower. When you look on the picture send last time.
I split the bumper in the middle and lead them by the side back to the weels.
I hope that will work well in that constaelation as planed.

Marc

I hope that will work well in that constaelation as planed.
Yes.
Left side on bumper left and right on bumper right.

Maybe you can improve this by puting 2 or 3 hose parallel at different high.
Difficult to explain but
If the obstacle is a flower pot for example with diffrent diameter at different high it's possible that the hose is never press if it's not at the correct high so put 3 on parallel can help.

But as i don't know how the bumperduino work ,it's only idea.

Hi

yea may a good idea I will think for this.

My obstacles I have are to 100% vertikal and not cylindrical I have metal side limiting bars, only thing I think about the higth at some places the higth so low to detect with the Bumper at the moment.

These look like these here:
Unbenannt.JPG

I think about to replace that with such made of stone:
Unbenannt_2019-03-20.JPG

These looks better an fit more to my garden than the metal ones as I have already lot of granit stones used.

Marc
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/4707/Unbenannt_2019-03-20.JPG/

Hi all,

as my Friend "Gut++" is working on the elektronic`s and software side, I take care for the hardware side.
Now I ask my selve as I can`t find anything in the Forum, what shal be the distance betwenn the perimeter-wire and the border of the lan?

My mower has the perimeter-loop spool in the middle, so as I have a wide of 315mm with the mower, I assume at least 315mm/2 plus anything, to be save that the mower is not scratching the wall.
So lets say 315/2+50=207,5mm? or is my thinking here not correct?

Tahnks

Marc

Hi.
It s something very important and 50 is the minimum when tracking.
Professional instalation use ofen very big distance to avoid issue.
The mower rotate axe is the middle of the rear wheel so it is better to take in consideration the distance between the front of the mower and this axe as biggest value.
Sometimes the mower can run just parallel of the wire and a reverse before roll change nothing (when the roll occur the mower can hit obstacle).
If your bumperduino go on the side of the mower maybe it can work but ??
It is better to not put the wire inside ground at the beginning and use pegs , so you can adjust.
Also in all case the border are never perfect and you need a trimmer for a perfect garden (trim 10cm or 20 is not a big problem)

Hi Bernard!
I am reading all about yours and others Denna L600 mods with Ardumower and is ready to order my PCB 1.3.
Would you be so kind to share your reccomended combination of HW for the L600 within a reasonable budget?
Also interested in what modifications you have made on the firmware on the Megaboard as well as the PI if you would be willing to share.

Thanks anyway for great videos and info on ths forum :)

Hi.
I need more info for a correct answer.
Do you have acces to a 3D printer ?
Do you have a dremel because you need to cut some parts of the Denna cover and the PCB1.3 itself (Very carrefully) to fit in the chassis ?
Is the Battery is OK ?
What is your mowing area size and complexity ?

Hi,

Yes, I have access to a 3D printer and a dremel.
The batteries are 2x 24V 4Ah Li-ion (8Ah total) and allthough they seem to work ok, but I have not testet any longer jobs yet.

The mowing area is 200m2 in one area, with a hedges on three sides and the house on the 4th side (see attachement). Obstactles are a the kids' sandpit, vertical metal legs of a trampoline and a slope which the mower motors handles just fine.

I plan to lay down a perimeter wire all around the edges of the garden, possibly with RFID tags on strategic spots.
I would like to have RFID reading, compass with ok drift correction for lane-by-lane mode within a perimeter and distance sensors (instead / in addition to L600's bumper sensors) to avoid any odd objects I forget to remove before starting the mower program.

When I eventually get the basics of Ardumower working, I will look into the possibilities of adding MQTT over Wifi for remote control and sensor reporting to and from my home automation system. My idea is that this would allow me to basically plan the schedule for mowing according to all sorts of parameters in my HA system, ranging for weather, the number of hours since last rainfall, day of week to avoid upsetting neighbours on Sunday mornings etc etc. I am only a humble copy&paste coder, but hopefully I can get the MQTT up in a "minimum viable product" kind of way ;)

I hope this gives meaning, thanks again for responding Bernard :)
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/4915/AdrumowerL600garden.PNG/

Oben