Arudmower auf Basis Denna L600 Neuaufbau

Hi

Danke für die Info.

Habe nun mal das Board eingebaut und den Mäher angepasst. Hat nun ne Fläche von ca. 540x310mm.

Was sagt Ihr dazu? Habe ich noch was vergessen zu berücksichtigen von der Elektronik oder was anderem?
Mher_4.JPG

Gruss Marc
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/4707/Mher_4.JPG/

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hi

Sorry put my last tread in german without remarking it.

I put the Board in now and so i have a area of 540x310mm by the mower.

What do you think about? Did i forgot something? Electronics or anything else?

Hi.
Need to locate the perimeter coil receiver as far as possible from the DC/DC converter so be carrefull on the orientation of the PCB (maybe 180 deg Rotate).
ON/OFF Switch to isolate battery on winter.
Bumper.

And maybe into the cover:
ARU emergency stop.

Also with a small chassis the blade on left and right can be more Dangerous ??.

Hi Bernard

The Perimeter Loop Coil I can locate unter the chassi and little more in front , as I do the main chassi out of aluminim I guessed the isolation will be ok?

I have a done a further step in the design starting by a housing for the lawnmower. Its just the first shot and not finished what do you think?
Mher_5.JPG

Mher_6.JPG

A main switch is forseen in the back of the mower, as well a fuse.
An emergency stop I can integrate on the top of the housing. Thats a good idea.
As well I made a small opening where a display can find place in top of the housing.
As I do not know the sizes of the Display I can use it is is still forseen to use.
A bumper I will add into the housing soon.

Waht do you mean with the last sentence? The plates are secured by a surrounding of it. See picture.
Mher_7_2018-12-28.JPG

By the way at the black cross I can put the Perimeter coil reciver?
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/4707/Mher_5.JPG/

Hi.
Yes the blade are protected but near the border of the chassis so be carrefull to your toe.
One stupid question Why did you want to rebuild the Denna one, normaly it's very strong.
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/5-inch-HDMI-Touch-Screen-TFT-LCD-Display-Monitor-800X480-For-Raspberry-Pi-A-B-/263882158557?hash=item3d709a31dd
For the screen i join into the ZIP a Fusion360 file with a plate and fixing part for this 5 inch Raspberry PI
20181216_094746.jpg

20181216_092927.jpg

Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/20181216_092927.jpg/

Hi

I rebuild the mower as the denna mower Is so wide an can‘t reach the edge of the lawn. So my goal Is to create i mower how can reach as well the side.

Thanks for the tip with the Display.
I unterstand you use that on your mower chassis?
Is that more or less waterprove when you Build that in with a sealing arround?
And by the way what for a raspberry is that Pi 2 or Pi 3 or ???

Marc

Ok for the wide but you can mow during tracking on very small passage., so certainly near 70 cm (To be confirmed)
The towel is on the Denna chassis ,tomorrow i take a picture so you can understand easily.
Waterproof : I hope but certainly not totaly, I use bathroom silicon between parts but it's better to not mow Under rain ( The rain Sensor send mower to station automaticly).

Directly connected Under the screen, you can see on the picture the Raspberry PI3B+ (The screen come with parts to directly connect the Raspberry without any other wire or power supply).

I use the 3B+ because it's actualy a dev platform and don't want to have issue with speed but the software run also on a Pi Zero without issue except if you want to see the camera in real time into your computer.

Hi, i do not think that shrinking of the chassis sides alone with such a big distance of the blades to the front will improve the edge cutting ability of your mower. The original ardumower chasis (or Raindancer) with the PCB upright and not lying on the bottom is a much better solution to reach the lawn edges with the blades. The mower drives forward and hits the edge with its front while mowing.

Do you have the option of driving beyond the perimeter wire or is there a wall directly at the lawn edge?

Hi

thanks for that comment, by the way I can overstep the perimeter loops. But any how a Horizontal mounting would ne possible, but maybe not to clever to reach the single units of the board?
The Board is approx. 117mm wide so I may save 40 to 50mm in the length...

Marc

Bernard

I have a question for the display, what do you show on the display that you choose such big one?

May you have screenshots of it when its alive?

In your Instalation I can see the display with the Pi as well a Arduino Uno for what is the Arduino Uno?

Hi here picture of my Denna platform with the PI tower.

The Nano is actualy here to test the 3 lasers VL53L0X sensor that you can see in front of the tower arround the PI camera (I Don't connect them to the PCB1.3 because they use the same I2C adress on startup and need a special configuration),so it was easier for me to do like that.
Also my test in the past show that this kind of sensor work perfectly when testing Inside the house but are not really accurate in full sunlight.
The Nano also manage the rain sensor (but the PCB.3 can do this also)
All this is only for testing because the 2 sonars, original bumper and rain sensor work perfectly with the PCB1.3.

front.jpg

Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/front.jpg/

Hi, "Weiter sollte das Mähwerk mit der Mäherbreite übereinstimmen damit bis zum Rand gemäht wird." wird so nicht funktionieren. Es kommt in erster Linie darauf an wie weit die Messerschreibe bei der normalen Vorwärtsfahrt den Rand überfährt. Dabei ist die Entfernung zwischen der Perimeterspule und der Messerschreibe wichtig. Die normale Azurit Software hat einen Zeitparameter der angibt wie lange die Vorwärtsfahrt weitergeführt wird bevor diese abgebrochen wird und der Mower zurück auf die Rasenfläche fährt. Je mehr der Mower über den Rand rausfährt desto besser wird dieser gemäht. Idealerweise sollte das Zentrum der Messerscheibe genau auf den Rand kommen. Man muss nur aufpassen, daß er beim überfahren der Kante keine Blumenbeete erwischt oder Treppen runterfällt. Je weiter die Vorderräder von der Messerscheibe weg sind, desto mehr muss der Mower mit den Vorderrädern aus der Rasenfläche rausfahren um die Messerschriebe auf den Rand zu bekommen. Je größer und länger der Vorbau vor der Messerscheibe des Mowers, desto mehr Probleme mit dem Rasenrand.

Ich habe bei mir zwei Perimeterspulen (rechts links) damit der Mower nach der Überfahrt des Perimeterdrahtes auf dem kürzesten Weg wieder zurück auf den Rasen findet und nicht erstmal eine Runde auf dem Blumenbeet hinter dem Perimeterdraht dreht...

For the Display.
I want an autonomous mower and Don't want to Always put my phone ON to manage it, so for me a display is Something cool.

With the Raspberry Pi you can manage all the mower setting and change them with the tactile screen and the test show me that only a 800*400 resolution can work well to do this.
The console record and save all the data non stop and it help a lot to debug the software.
All The Python code use this resolution and it's not possible without rewrite the code to reduce it.

BUT.
The Raspberry use VNC viewer so you can work without the screen.
The Pi run a Acces Point service ,so you can with your PC connect your wifi to the PI and you see using VNC a full screen copy.
You can see here this working mode (it was the test to power and shutdown the PI and PCB1.3 without issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGgyjZVc3Q

Finaly here some Screenshot of PI screen :
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/cameravideo.jpg/

Hi Bernard

Thanks you for the Video
One question Is a connection with the phone in that case with the Pi also possible or not?

And i designet the display into my chassi. May you can send me your one as step file to check if i got the right one? That would be grate.
Mower Looks No that way:
CC233610-6BD9-4AB6-BACA-0C99FA28FA36.png

Unfortunately i have a issue that i habe to solve in my cad Programm that it Is not shiwung the colors of the different Parts... it just Color everything in red...

Marc
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/med...707/CC233610-6BD9-4AB6-BACA-0C99FA28FA36.png/

Hi.
Yes the connection with the phone is possible by 2 way:
Standard (Direct connection on the PCB1.3) using BT Module and arduremote (free on the google play store) .
Pi connection (Using WIFI access point) with VNC viewer into android or iphone.

I have not the design of the screen, only the file of the mounting parts (i send it as step )
Maybe you can find it on the net It's a XPT2046 screen

By.
stepbox.zip

Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/stepbox.zip/

Yes it's use when lift the mower to stop the blade .
Or when one Wheel fall into a hole but it's not very usefull.

So It's better to Simply remove the sensor and the small magnet (To avoid issue with the IMU,or if you really want you can keep the sensor and connect them to the PCB1.3 but for me it's not usefull.

The IMU is use to stop the blade if the mower is not on flat surface or lift.

Hi

thanks for the Information. I will skip that sensor.

Any how I have a lot of other questions :)

@Bernard and all:
Do you use the original akku of the Denna mower the 24Vdc at 4,4Ah? And can the PCB 1.3 managing the charging of the akku too or need other elektronics to charge the akku?

@all
And one Qeustion more for the Bumper Duino, I understand that these has two entrys to meassure a collision of the mower. So makes it sence to use one on the left side and one of the rigth side of the mower to deside on which side is the obstacle and where the mower should get out of the way?

I plan to do the pumpers on the fron, from the middle to the weels on the side of the mower, is that OK to do or is there better way to use?

Thanks Marc

Oben