Arudmower auf Basis Denna L600 Neuaufbau

Do you use the original akku of the Denna mower the 24Vdc

You can use the Denna pack or ardumower one , with the PCB1.3 without other electronik.
In my case it's the Denna one rebuild with new SAMSUNG ICR18650-22F inside (not really easy to rebuild but OK since 3 Years).
On the PCB1.3 you have 2 input (left and right bumper) and they can use the Denna original contact .
For the Bumper Duino ,you need to check but i think it use the 2 inputs.

Be carrefull with the IMU, if you want to use my code with By Lane mowing a GY88 IMU is mandatory the GY87 or GY801 don't work.
Also the STEP for the screen in grabcad for the screen XPT2046 is not OK on the fixation (maybe old design).

By

Hi

What is the IMU? As well I`m not conform with the GY88, GY87 or GY801 what that is?

For the Step model in Gradcad I was thinking in that way, my idea was using you STEP file and buing one of that Displays in advance and check for the sizes.

https://www.ardumower.de/index.php/de/2014-09-11-11-52-24/anleitungen/2013-11-23-19-50-19/kompass-beschleunigung-gyro
Here you can find explanation.
It's old post and use the Gyro GY801 but it's not accurate for bylane mowing.

Hi

Thanks for the information.

I have one question for the charging connections of the Mower.
Is it nessesary that there is a extra mechanical contact detect that the mower is connected to the charging station?
Or is that possible to manage with the contacts of the charging ports direktly by measuring charging current?

So if its possible to detect to be in the charging sation by the charging current, I do only charging ports spring loaded to garantee a good connetcion wile loading.

Marc

Hi.
I do only charging ports spring loaded to garantee a good connetcion wile loading
Yes .
When the mower detect charging current it stop and state change to charging.(The sender stop also to send the signal)
But be carreful that you need to use sonar to slow down the mower before docking and also when docking it's better if the bumper are not activate by the station.

By.

Perfect! I do Shock absorber in the loading station its the easiest.

By the way i see you use two ultrasonic sensors. Or are the ears on your Display hatch are only one Sensor Decoder in two Direktions?

What Else for sensors you are using?

Ultrasonic
Bumper Duino
Gyro
W-lan
Perimeter Sensor
RFID Reader
Rain Sensor
???

Thanks
Is GPS helpfull for lane mowing?

So it is ok fot the station.
In my denna platforn i use the left and right sonar (waterproof version) by this way.
While mowing the mower know the distance from the obstacle, so using the odometry it reverse just before hit them .
While tracking the perimeter wire only the right sonar is use to slow down the mower before docking when detecting the station.
The bumper left and right help if sonar do not work.

Bumper duino i never test.
Gyro GY88 and odometry are the 2 most important option for bylane mowing.
Wlan not necessary its better to use the raspberry one.
Bluetooth is very important also to manage the setting .
Perimeter sensor mandatory if you use a station.
Rain sensor why not.
Gps is gadget because accuracy is too bad or need rtk and the price !!!!!!!!!!

Hi
Pozyx is not a gps and work for indoor.(search decawave and ardumower on youtube)
Rtk is particular gps with a fixed base (i never use or test this feature) but you can use the search button on the forum and see that some member have try to implement it, and it never give a perfect and reliable result.
Alexander and other member have made enormous work on the cm positionning mowing but for the moment it's not perfect at low cost.
I use a gps neo u-blox m6n or m8n module(cost

Hi all,

thanks for your Input so far. Today I have two questions.

1. According charging station, I mostly see charging points of the mower in Front, on Top or in the Back of the mower. I plan to do a charging ports on the side, so that the mower shall drive by side into the charging station like ist done by the Worx like in that link Works Mower WR102SI It ist very slim in the design, thats what I like. Can that be programmed or adjusted in the software?

2. The "perimeter receiver Kit" the coil of it, in the Picture I can se that these coil moustly is direcly soldered to the board. So is that nessasary or can there be used wired between and If how much? I guess no as that is a oscillating circuit I`m rigth? How that Queation is not to stupid, I`m not electrician.

Marc

Hi.
For the charging station by side it's not a problem.for the software.
The coil : it's not a stupid question at all and Yes it's really better to solder the coil directly on the Amplifier board to not amplifie the noise received by the wire.
I can't tell you the max wire lenght is possible ,You need to test by yourself or search in the forum if someone have already tested.
By.

Thanks for the Information.

Now I know and so I can place the parts accordingly. At these locations where I plan to place I have plenty of place to do so.

By the way do somebody have the dimmesions of the board and the coil or may STEP model so that I can use for my design process?
Interesting are the outer dimmesions as well size of coil.
If not I have to buy one first and meassuring dimmensions of.

Marc

Hi

I tougth about the sensors once more.
I plan to use Ultrasonic sensors, two in the front. Now I ask my self is it nessesary to have also one in the back of the mower if he is driving backwards while changing direction or so?
And if need shall I use one or two of?

As well I plan the Bumperduino to use as last instance by cras.

I was reading also for a Lidar Sensor, wich is very expencive, what is these for is that nessesary when using Ultrasonik ones?

Marc

Hi.
3 front sonar are possible center left and right .
Using only left and right is OK.
The mower reverse only after forward moving so normaly it's not possible to have obstacle when reverse.
For back sonar and Lidar you need to write your own code
You also have other feature to stop , It's the motor Power : If more than a setting value the code automaticly detect issue and "simulate a bumper", so reverse etc.…
But this feature is not 100% Ok because on wet grass the Wheel can slip,skate so the code never detect issue.

So on Obstacle it's first Sonar, Bumper , and Motor Power.

By.

Hi

OK thanks I got that with the extra code for the Lidar so I do not use as the sonar ones are working.
As well as you said the bumper and the power consumption will be other detections, that what i thougt befor and was not sure.

May you answer one othe question, is it possibe to use more than one Perimeter Sender so to have for example one for delimit the boarders and one for having a lead wire home like the system of Husquarna is working.
If possible to use more than one where ist the limit?

Marc

Hi.
like the system of Husquarna is working.
No.
Only one wire is actualy manage for the main area with station.
The HVA home wire is used on very big area for fast return without track on the grass using random distance to wire.
The actual dev rfid and code management can help to have similar fonctionality, but it's not work actualy.

For Multiple area It's not a problem to MANUALY use multiple sender on multiple area :
To mow on Area 2
You need to move in manual the mower from station area to area2,
Stop the station area sender.
Start the area2 sender.
deactivate station on arduremote .
So the mower can mow Area2 and stop when the bat is low.
When finish simply manualy move the mower to the station area and start Home in arduremote.

All this in automatic is actualy in dev using RFID and WIFI communication between Raspberry Pi and second Area Sender using second sigcode.
But i'am alone to work on this and it's take time and a lot of test to be sure it can work perfectly.
I open a new thread on this to see if i can obtain more ino.

By.

Hi

OK Perfect I saw the new tread. I guess also thet the thing with the RFID could work. A freind of mine also signed up in that forum now and he is very expiered in RFID and may he can help to setup rigth.

May You can answer me in the meanwile other questions here again for the perimeter reciver coil and Its orientation. Is it important that the solenoid body in is uprigth or horizontal possition build in the mower to recieve the signas best from the Perimeter wire?

By the way I ordered yesterday all needed parts, At least I hope I orered everything to start the project. :cheer:

One thing more may you have me your Step model of the JSN-SR04T sensor you used. I ordered the same one, unfortunately as the deleivery is from China it will be long time and I can only find the SR04 Sensor in the Grabcad libary. Thanks

Marc

Hi.
Solenoide uprigth near 10 cm of the ground and center in front of mower.
Normaly i send the 3D model in the stepbox.zip in the past.
It s cylindre 18mm long and 21.5 diameter.
If not i can send again but what kind of file can you read ? f3d or step .
Have you order a GY88 Imu ?

Hi

OK I will put it uprigth, I ordered two, so I place one left and one rigth in the front of the Mower.
You say 10cm abouve the ground, I plan to dig the cable in the grond 3-5 cm so that I still in the possition to scarify the lawn in spring. Will that be ok or do I have to place the soledoids deeper therefore?

I work with Solidworks so I better read STEP. f3d I cant read.

And yes I was following your suggestion and ordered the GY88, as well tree JSN-SR04T Ultrasonic Modules.
5" Touch Display, a Pi3B i have on stock.
In the Ardumower shop I ordered the board, one double Motor controller, INA169DC sensor, real time clock, rainsensor,DC DC step down module.
As well complete perimeterboard with extras, and bumperduino as and for playing arround a Cmos Camera.
Of corse the RFID reader kit, I know that you use other but for the beginning I will do some tests as well.

Marc

It's better to put one in the center for a correct working (Left and right one are only use by Roland Raindancer firmware).
3 to 5 cm i Don't know exactly but normaly no issue.(Check before on a small distance)
For the RFID Kit we need further test to find the perfect on (The one i use actualy is OK but the price is too high for this project).
I order today this one on ebay
ebay.fr/itm/125Khz-RFID-Long-Distance-Reader-Module-Serial-Wiegand/282730735806?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
The link Don't work on forum so search with the name.

one double Motor controller
For PCB1.3 You need 2 of them. One double for wheel and one double for mow motor.
DC DC step down module
You also need big one, 5A to power the raspberry.
https://www.marotronics.de/5A-DC-DC-step-down-Modul-XL4015-mit-Kuehlkoerper-zB-fuer-Arduino.

Oben