New English translation of V1.4 assembly instructions

I am at step 25 regrading the supposed installation of the ESP32. It says "Wiring to the circuit board 1.4 must also be created from there.". WTF? How are we supposed to mount this module? I assume the diagram on the page refers to the wifi module we did not install(those seven pins) but are we supposed to just grab some wire and start soldering it however we please? This whole section has me thoroughly confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

You need all which you can see on the following picture on which is connected like odometry, GPS, rainsensor, usw. GPS is on P5 is not on the picture. Also ESP32 is not on this picture but you get the plan for it.

1648293911262.png

I am at step 25 regrading the supposed installation of the ESP32. It says "Wiring to the circuit board 1.4 must also be created from there.". WTF? How are we supposed to mount this module? I assume the diagram on the page refers to the wifi module we did not install(those seven pins) but are we supposed to just grab some wire and start soldering it however we please? This whole section has me thoroughly confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
@W1976 Thank you for all your help. Can you show how the ESP32 is supposed to be mounted? I do not see a place in the board to put it. Should it just float around?

Some questions:
1. Are there instructions how to install the GPS antenna on the top of the mower? My case has two small holes which look compatible with the antenna module, but I do not know where the wire goes.
2. Are there instructions how to install the rain sensor?
3. How do I wire the charging barrel plugs? There are three connection points. Which do I use?
Thank you

1. No and Yes
The 2 indication holes are for the antenna, make sure you dont install something close to it.
2. No
But there are hints and pictures were different people placed it. Its up to you.
For me, i placed it just in front of the Emergency Off with a printed casing. Below that i made hole of i think 8 mm for both wires. GPS and Rainsensor.
3. On the Boardsides are large positive and negative prepared connector holes, take those, doesnt matter which ones.
Make sure your wires/screws cannot touch the aluminium profiles. Best would be to solder a connector or wire to them.

3. On the Boardsides are large positive and negative prepared connector holes, take those, doesnt matter which ones.
Make sure your wires/screws cannot touch the aluminium profiles. Best would be to solder a connector or wire to them.
Thank you for your time and answers. What I have are three connections, and I am not sure which two to use. Is there a diagram somewhere? I have had trouble searching for an answer.

1652353648192.png

Hello, I am having troubles. The voltage reads 0.00.
What part is involved to detect voltage?
Where can I test with multimeter?

Please help! I am desperate. (And if that's not enough, it is my birthday in 1 hour!)

Happy Birthday ;)

English or German?
What do you want to do? Charging? Can you make pictures of your progress, is everything finished?
The voltage in the App?

What do you mean, 3 connections? On the Plug? Just measure conductivity. Inside pin is +, outside PINS is minus.

Happy Birthday ;)

English or German?
What do you want to do? Charging? Can you make pictures of your progress, is everything finished?
The voltage in the App?
English is preferred but google translate is functional, too.

When I hook up the battery and push the power button, the pcb beeps 2 times every couple seconds, the output reads "0.00V" in the console.

Code:
22:41:13.656 -> 0:0:38 ctlDur=0.02 op=0 freem=246959 sp=2000108C volt=0.00 chg=0.00 tg=0.00,0.00 x=0.00 y=0.00 delta=0.00 tow=268889000 lon=-137.41883885 lat=29.01550843 h=4999.0 n=0.00 e=0.00 d=0.00 sol=0 age=3.38
22:41:13.733 -> SWITCHING OFF (undervoltage)
[over and over]

What do you mean, 3 connections? On the Plug? Just measure conductivity. Inside pin is +, outside PINS is minus.
Ok that is good. I did not know if I could choose either outside pin or if one specifically had to be used.

I've uploaded some photos to this thread: https://forum.ardumower.de/threads/error-switching-off-undervoltage-bitte-helfen.24771/ if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

Thank you so much for your help!

I have made an attempt at translating the available German document for the V1.4 mainboard into English. Considering I don't speak German, I had to rely heavily on Google translate and then correct any awkward language by hand afterward. Hopefully the result is useful for other English speakers. Now I can actually start assembling my board....

Nice work on the manual! Came handy when doing my first PCB 1.4 . I recorded my assembly of the PCB 1.4 and made a playlist of 6 videos with English captions. If you feel like adding any links to the manual or anyone else to anywhere, please feel free to do so! I have added a link back to this thread on all of the video descriptions.

I got some emails to say that I have made the purchase. That has been a few days ago. Nothing to say it has been shipped or when I might receive it.

I got some emails to say that I have made the purchase. That has been a few days ago. Nothing to say it has been shipped or when I might receive it.
Ok, now all clear. I will write to the Ardumower Team by Skype, I hope you get very soon a answer. Can you tell me your purchase order number, please? I can speak with Markus from Marotronics, but I need the purchase order number.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben