Arctic Hare mod by Jussi

I have discover something:
Normaly i have tought that Raspberry have no RTC but when power off and on it's OK so:
In the past:
When piardu start ,i read the Date Time from PCB1.3 and adjust the raspberry one with new value.
And it's here that the serial start to work with strange behaviour.
Now:
Into Piardu325 the date and time are only compare and not set (And for the moment the pi stop to freeze)
I also tested with PowerON into area not wifi cover

Need to use the new talker.py and new robot.py and pyc
And maybe stop the NTP service to avoid time change when serial is running , but not sure ,so i test like that for 1 week

On syslog are many brcmfrac o_Oo_Obut no particular error
Here the capture
Capture.JPG

Raspbian has two software solutions for timekeeping. NTP requires network connection and it's useless when RasPi is not connected to the network, it also uses 'fake-hwclock'. It saves the current time periodically to disk and loads it at boot. It's not accurate but will eliminate the problem of time traveling back to 1970 after each reboot. (this explains my half-hour steps in serial logs)
Code:
cat /etc/fake-hwclock.data
I have RTC in Pi now but that not prevent freezes. It's easy to connect, 4 wires only. For some reason, I have plenty of RTC's lying around :D

I have not seen those messages from 'brcmfmac', maybe not normal don't know for sure now. Keep on eye messages just before and same time when freeze happens

In my case the Pi can freeze only when i test software ,on many start stop piardu and each time the date time was update from PCB1.3
If it start and work one minute then, it never freeze after .
In the past I also use a pi (In Access Point mode) for irrigation system with the same rpiRemote and a DS3231 , but it is without WIFI and always powerred for many month and also never freeze,tested for 6 month without power off and always running.

I have RTC in Pi now but that not prevent freezes.
Maybe you need to check what 's happens on Serial when RTC or NTP change the time/date in the raspian system.

I have deactivate the autorestart after charging on my 2 mowers and test for long duration to be sure.
Actually My RL1000 show a millis > 80 hours running without issue.

Hi guys. I have installed the latest version of azuritber and I also have piardu which freezes every 30 seconds. Have you managed to unlock the situation? I saw that restarting piardu several times then from a "check traceback info" error

Anhänge

• Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    149,5 KB · Aufrufe: 22
Can you start piardu from python idle3 or start piardu325 with a terminal to see the exact error message just before the traceback.
And send a copy of the shell or terminal
Check that all file into Piardumower folder have running permission
If possible connect a screen on the Pi HDMI port and test to start piardu325 (under terminal) after deactivate the WIFI.
I try to open a new thread on piardu issue

I don't know why tonight but tonight it doesn't give me a traceback error anymore, I tried several times but nothing. files have all permissions. I have disabled the wifi and I have seen that piardu from a ping connection error and continues to work if it is not connected to the internet. the moment I activate the wifi and connect to the internet I get the ping error and it crashes. I also tried with 2 external wifi sticks but the same thing happens. when it pings what does it link to? address 10.0.0.8 what is it?

Anhänge

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    994,6 KB · Aufrufe: 13
  • Cattura8.JPG
    Cattura8.JPG
    71,5 KB · Aufrufe: 14
  • Permessi.JPG
    Permessi.JPG
    92,5 KB · Aufrufe: 11
I found the address inside config.py but I don't understand what it connects to! changing it does not solve the problem? I also tried to ping the address 10.0.0.8 through this site: https://it.infobyip.com/ping-10.0.0.8-ipv4.html
and tells me that he receives nothing
You need to set UseMqtt to False if you don't have mosquito broker installed in your home.
10.0.0.8 is the adress of mosquito broker
It's only use when Usemqtt is YES.

For the freeze issue ,I see it 2 weeks ago but now i can't reproduce it o_O and i really don't understand what append between WIFI and Serial com on raspbian .
If you can reproduce,tell me how exactly.

Check in setting the restart all ,if it's not work use dos2unix on file :
restart.py,stremvideo320 , 640 poweroff.py

ok. now works. it was enough to set it to false. at the moment it does not stop, if I can find the procedure I'll tell you. let me understand, what is the mosquito broker? a protocol or a machine to kill mosquitoes? 😅 another thing. can you enable the video of the video camera directly on piardu? I saw that there is written to use the browser!

Mqtt is used to communicate between (Home assistant,Open hab,Google Home etc....)
Actually it's OK with the Jussip code for Home assistant.
The goal is that you can start the mower according event on the net (For example it's rain, your sprinkler are running,your are at home etc......) but it's not easy to setup everything ;)

Here a screen of Home assistant running:
hassio.JPG

Here what you need to see into Piardu Console on startup with Mqtt activate
hassio startup console.JPG

For the camera into piardu video page you can start or stop the camera streamming and see it from internet browser
My mower IP is 10.0.0.15 so i can see the camera at http://10.0.0.15:8000/index.html

Here a screen copy of the mower running in manual using camera
normal.JPG

Hello everybody,
Is there a possibility to create a user and password for MQTT?
I couldn't find this in the config.
I also have other devices that access my MQTT server and require a user and password.

Hi.
It's into Piardu.py:
Line 135 and after:
Code:
 try:
                Mqqt_client.username_pw_set( username="admin", password="admin" )
                Mqqt_client.connect( host=Mqtt_Broker_IP, port=Mqtt_Port, keepalive=KEEP_ALIVE )

The actual value are admin and admin , change according your need.

Be carreful that fo rthe first 10 mn on startup the raspberry need to have a perfect WIFI access

Hello to everyone
Is there an updated version of yaml i used one from azuritber test but it has difference in names.
I also have question on what is the normal "workflow" with raspberry/mqtt should look like? I should use timer in Arduino to start raspberry ( but I'm this case what is meaning for mqtt)? Or should all be on 24/7?

Is there an updated version of yaml i used one from azuritber test but it has difference in names.
I don't understand this ??

raspberry/mqtt should look like
But i need to add everything in the WIKI.

Or should all be on 24/7?
Yes .
Actually mower is ON 24/7 and stay into station until AZURITBER timer send a start command or Home Assistant using the Raspberry.
If raspberry is OFF mqtt don't work !! What is your idea ?

I don't understand this ??

But i need to add everything in the WIKI.

Yes .
Actually mower is ON 24/7 and stay into station until AZURITBER timer send a start command or Home Assistant using the Raspberry.
If raspberry is OFF mqtt don't work !! What is your idea ?
Thanks I'll figure it out with those info.
My problem was probably name which is also name of topic. You use Denna but in Ardmower.yaml there is used "mower".
In your readme on mqtt there is a missing "s" in packages in home assistant part..
Thanks for Great work 👍🏼👍🏼

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben