Arctic Hare mod by Jussi

For WIFI my AC600 outdoor AP (locate on the roof of my house) work for me to share mower camera (50 meter arround or 80 in free sky)) The Wifi dongle is not OK (same result with or without)

Without a correct WIFI cover it's better to use the AP mode i describe in the setup file.
Piardu3523 and AP mode is OK for Pi zeroW at low screen resolution 480*320 and work for me in the past .;)
Pi3 is perfect in AP mode.
The Access Point mode solve all wifi issue and you can have access to the mower with VNC on tablet or phone using WIFI AP but can't work with HASSIO. :(

With a correct WIFI.
It's better to use 5 inch screen and PI3 for sharing video and Home Assistant mode.

Hello
I found a little time to follow your posts :)
I am allways learning. Thank you both.
Now i see that you changed also the Arduino code. That means i have to update my Due?
I have not done this long time ago. Do you have a link for some manual for doing updating the due with all settings?
(Backup my settings or so)
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Bjoern

If it ain't broke don't' fix it :rolleyes:
What version you have now? There might be few bug fixes from Bernard and I added possibility to use rfid tags w/o pi

Hello
I dont know what version i have :oops:
But rfid without pi sounds great. In moment my pi is switched of but i am missing my rfid tags :confused:
My last tests with pi and MQTT ends allways in freez of pi. So in moment mower is running without pi.
2 weeks without any problem... but without RFID.
Where can i find the RFID taglist in your code?
Thanks and best regards,
Bjoern

All last years i use the PI with Hotspot and never see Piardu freeze.
When i test the mqtt i set the wifi in my garden,but not perfect everywhere and then i discover that Piardu freeze sometime :mad:
I order an AC600 outdoor sender and it solve the freeze issue.
The mower mow 2 time each day with video streaming,Rfid etc.. and mqtt start using home assistant without any Pi freeze
You can use Piardu320 (deactivate mqtt into config.py) and the last ardumower code from rfid branch

So,Certainly your WIFI connection is not perfect and sometime Pi fail to respond for 3 or 4 secondes,so the Due Watchdog do his job ,Reset the due and freeze Piardu.
To be sure Simply test with the acces Point.Also name Hotspot.
All description is in the Rtf file..

You need also to check the permission and set execute to everyone on file:
PowerOff.py
PowerOffNow.py
Restart.py
and the 2 streamvideo.

Now for the setting you can use the Pi console and Simply click on list var and save to file.
But normaly all your setting are saved in the RTC eeprom, so if you Don't change RTC ,no problem for update the due code.

Anhänge

• pi setup.zip
    2,3 KB · Aufrufe: 7
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I think that wifi problems are more or less driver faults. https://www.google.com/search?q=brcmfmac:+brcmf_run_escan:+error+(-110)&rlz=1C1GCEU_fiFI844FI845&oq=brcmfmac:+brcmf_run_escan:+error+(-110)&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i58.1494j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

RFID's are in 'robot.cpp', array starts from line 76, max_rfids is in 'robot.h' line 236. The only way to change these or parameters is flash firmware again.
If you have imu with a compass, parameter 'use_compass = true' in 'mower.cpp' line 50. Note rfidUsePi and rfidUSeDue, lines 126-7

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hello
Are we talking about this version? https://github.com/Boilevin/AzuritBer/tree/RFID
@bernard: For having hotspot i need a second Wlan adapter. Or not? I dont understand the benefit.
When the watchdog freeze the pi: Why i need this watchdog?
@jussip: In robot.cpp i found some content about RFID down from line 76. In robot.h in dont find max_rfids at line 236. Where can i see the tag list?
I will start to update my Due...
Thanks for help
Bjoern

Are we talking about this version
This version is not ok for 2 mow motors so it's better to see with Jussip if you have change something in the PCB1.3 to manage the motor 2 sense.
For having hotspot i need a second Wlan adapter. Or not? I dont understand the benefit.
benefit: No wifi issue on Pi and perfect access to the Raspberry.
You need nothing, simply follow the HOTSPOT video to create your PI access point
After instaling you can connect your PC,Phone or tablet to the WIFI mower and use VNC (Max distance from mower is near 20 meters).

Be carrefull if you have already configure your routeur and enter the wifi password of your box Pi can try to connect and Don't start the Access point, so at 2.56 of the video,if you can see your own box it's better to delete them or never connect to it.

Also into arduremote setting station activate restart after charging.

I just updated Due. Now i have problems with pi and connect to Due. When i use the autostart with the mower.sh PiArdu starts but after 5-6s the clock
stopped to count. In Console of Piardu nothing happens. But when i start PiArdu from linux shell with sudo python3 PiArdu320.py everything is starting correctly.
What is the different? In mower.sh i put also python3 PiArdu320.py
:unsure:
Edit: After reboot and reboot and reboot now also the shell version is not starting. I think it is a problem to detect the right seriell port. Sometimes it is ttyACM0, sometimes it is ttyACM1. I tried also ttyUSB0.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
PiArdu starts but after 5-6s the clock
stopped to count.
It's exactly the wifi issue.
Put your mower near your routeur, Try piardu217.py using GUI idle3 and check that into piardu the poweroff and restart (locate in the setting page parts are OK).
If it's OK save piardu217.py as piardu.py.

Be carrefull that factory reset delete all your setting !!

Factory reset loads settings from mower.cpp and delete old ones. easiest to do via pfod app. Don't mix arduino codes but you can use piardu from bernard's git.
My fork is bernards code with few minor addons, nothing is really changed, just added few small things here and there

Sorry, I forgot completely different folders. I use vscode with platformio ide. Anyway, compile ardumower/src folder. You have to change ardumower.cpp to ardumower.ino if using arduino ide. https://github.com/jussipu/AzuritBer/tree/RFID_DUE/ardumower/src

But what all changed from last year versions? Last year I never have had such problems.
Pi was stable. I have same wlan like last year.

you are right ,it's not OK.
On Piardu320 i change the date time setting start sequence (The trouble was: When PI start, it try to go on the net to find the correct date and time and autoadjust it).But Piardu also read date and time from PCB1.3 and it make a confusion in delayed function.

Use Piardu217 during test to be sure (less wifi use).

To check.
Important (When you do some test keep ALWAYS one Piardu session running) to avoid kill the serial connection:
If you stop Piardu for more than 10 or 20 sec the DUE serial buffer is overload,and watchdog reset DUE and kill ttyacm0.
On Next Piardu restart it's ttyacm1 but if you do that many time all freeze.

The power on sequence after complete shutdown (PI and DUE) need to work every time.
Mower.sh on desktop need to run perfectly.
If not try to use dos2unix in autostart section (see the zip file)
But if you power OFF all and power on again after 10 or 15 secondes. The soft need to start without issue.

When it's OK into piardu setting test the restart button.

If trouble try to post the console message (And use idle3 to see the python shell message)[/QUOTE]

Anhänge

• pi setup.zip
    2,3 KB · Aufrufe: 4
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
you are right ,it's not OK.

The power on sequence after complete shutdown (PI and DUE) need to work every time.
Mower.sh on desktop need to run perfectly.

If trouble try to post the console message (And use idle3 to see the python shell message)
[/QUOTE]

Hallo
I spended at least again 2h on this. Trying run 217. No chance. Sometimes it is running longer then 10s. But after something happens
the PiArdu lost connection. Becoming back connection means 1 to 10 reboots, running to garden, searching mower. Reboot, run back to computer,...
In console you see no messages about this becauce pi lost connection to due.
In moment i am frustrated and will swich off Pi. It is burning time. Not more. Sorry for my words and i love your work. But in moment it is everything but not stable.
Best regards and thanks again. I will back, i am sure.
Bjoern

Oben