ROSMower, first attempt to build a lawn mower with ROS

Schon sehr interessant.
Frag mich wie auflösend die Aufnahmen sind. Bei dir ists mit der Wand rumherum sogesehen ideale Bedingung - ich hab zum Nachbarn Maschendraht. Ob der den erkennen könnte?
Verstehe ich nicht, was meinst du? Bei dem letzten Versuch läuft alles per GPS + Lidar. Die Kamera fährt aktuell nur mit, wird aber nicht aktiv ausgewertet. Das baue ich später wieder ein

Ich bin nicht auf den Begriff Lidar gekommen :D
Das meinte ich. Frag mich ob es auflösend genug wäre einen Maschendrahtzaun zu erkennen.

After hundrets of hours of testing, developing and testing again, I got my HoverMower up and running. Sadly the season is mostly done for this year. I use ros package of OpenMower project (behavior tree, floor coverage planner), RTK-GPS, robot_localization with dual EKF fusion and navsat_transform node. Navigation stack consists of move_base_flex and teb local planner. Lots of issues I was fighting in past are solved so far and most of them were caused by poor IMU calibration. Still lot of things to do but I'm happy so far.

I'll try to build a web UI during winter

Used components to reach the actual state
- NVidia Jetson (or RPi) as main controller
- Hoverboard motors, PCB and battery
- IMU, BNO085 in my case
- RTK GPS base and rover module from Ardusimple
- Arduino Nano for low level tasks like battery monitor, mow motor control
- BLDC motor and driver from JKONGMOTOR as mow motor
- Meanwell Dc Dc converter to get 5V 10A
- PS4 controller to train the mowing area

That's all you need to get this up and running.

Other components like stereo camera and lidar are not used now, but at least lidar will come back soon to detect obstacles and avoid collision. If enough CPU ressources are available, I'll add camera again as well for obstacle detection

Oben