Ardumower arduino mega shield

Single costs 63€ + shipping.
30 cost 12€/each + shipping.
150 cost 4,70€/each + shipping.

Shipping costs around 12€ for the whole bunch.

Markus told me, that perhaps he will put the PCB in his shop :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Nice to see so much intrest

I will update tommorow the files
I made minor changes from small errors reported
By the forum

I think best is to group and let the ardumowershop order

Hello Walter,

I found a wrong trace on the bluetooth module connections on the PCB (gerber version).
There is a direct trace from the bluetooth module RX to the +5V (not indicated on the schematic).
This connection prevent the serial communication with the module ...
It spend many hours to find this error !

By the way, how is it possible to get this inconsistencies between the schematic and the PCB in KiCad ?

Regards, Peter.

Hi,
Right. We are talking about this trace :

RX.jpg

Alex
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/1183/RX.jpg/

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Thanks Alex and Peter

I updated the layout in the download section

@peter we changed the layout of the connector of the HC05 bluetooth module as compatible with the ardumowershop

as the footprint is changed i needed to changes the layout, in kicad there is no automatic backannotation
so this gave the error

But that is where the prototype is for !!!

Walter

in the download section you will find rev A with some changes

Be awere this is still a "prototype" so errors may occure

Please report them

Changes:

V1.00 first version,
V1.00 rev A
Error fixes:
MC33296 motordriver:
Pin 6 (M1nD2) was not connected to the +5V
Pin 7 (M1D1) and pin 16 (M2D2) where not connected to the ground
Footprint of D2 schotky is changed to TO-220
The arduino in now powered from the 5V traco or 7805 regulator
Changed the footprint of the HC05 bluetooth module to the module available in the ardumowershop,
RX was connected to +5V

I have problem to get running MowRPM with the shield. At this moment I don't know what is a reason, maybe a SW problem.
Is RPM working for anybody with the shield ? Which Hall sensor you are using ?

ALex

I found a reason, why RPM measurement isn't working. Reason is that signal from hall sensor is connected to digital input 51. Before was connected to TX1 - input 18. Maybe problem is, that measurement is done via interupt. After reconnecting to TX1 - pin 18 ( is on the P21 - UART ) is RPM measurement ok and working. Also config.h must be modificated.

Alex

Hi Alex

Following the pin out, pin 51 is a PCINT pin, We need to check this with AlexG ?

21 PB2 MOSI PCINT2 Digital pin 51 MotorMowRPM MOSI (SPI Bus Master Output/Slave Input or Pin Change Interrupt 2)

Alex schrieb:
I found a reason, why RPM measurement isn't working. Reason is that signal from hall sensor is connected to digital input 51. Before was connected to TX1 - input 18. Maybe problem is, that measurement is done via interupt. After reconnecting to TX1 - pin 18 ( is on the P21 - UART ) is RPM measurement ok and working. Also config.h must be modificated.

Alex

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Is your config.h looks like this?

Code:
// mower motor speed sensor interrupt
  attachInterrupt(pinMotorMowRpm, rpm_interrupt, CHANGE)

Edit:change pinMotorMowPWM to pinMotorMowRpm

Oben