RESET cause: watchdog

Manu27

Hello,

my mower, stops something, and goes into Idle state, I have to manually re start it (via Application button).
By looking to the log, each time it looks the cause is the watchdog.
I have no idea where to look, or at least restart automatically to mow.

I'm joining my logs of this morning

thanks for your help

Anhänge

• LOG1000.TXT
    425,4 KB · Aufrufe: 24
  • LOG1001.TXT
    168,3 KB · Aufrufe: 14
  • LOG1002.TXT
    37,8 KB · Aufrufe: 7
  • LOG1003.TXT
    53,8 KB · Aufrufe: 13
HI , ok thanks for the advice, in this case I will try the latest sources from master. The 303 tag is ready

by changing the batterie, I have less reboot but some still there

Ja, da gebe ich dir recht. Leider schon Gewohnheit von mir, das ich immer in den Entwicklungszweig schaue.

Thank a lot, some news :

Even with the .303 I still have the reset.

Yes the batterie is not the cause certainly, but may be I found a context :
- if the grass is not too high to cut (<1cm), and the rower consumes <1.5A , I think I don't have the reset
- if the grass is higher (2-4 cm) to cut , the rover consumes more may be >2A , I have the reset sometime

do you know where I can investigate ?

Which hardware did you use? Motors? False settings in config.h? And can you show us your config.h? Why did your robot have GPS problems, is your robot in a garage?

Hi,

It is brushed motors, the robot is the ardumower kit bought at the shop.
yes sure, please find my config.h.

no it was on the garden, outside, why do you think that ?

thanks a lot for looking

I am Not Sure, I know there was a Problem with watchdog reset for some Users, but from what you described and the Log, the Board dies in middle of a dump. 4p is pretty beefy, but.. If you have Access to a laboratory Power source, Connect the battery and Stress it with 3 to 5 amps shorting and See what the voltage does, then you can be Sure its Not the battery? You could use an RC or any charger with discharging function too. Another Thing ist to use and measure the battery over the dead Switch. I think the orig deadswitch of the Set is too cheapo, ITS really a very Bad switch and can cause troubles. Thats my experience.
Or use .230 and See If Things are different and No reset occurs. Sorry for Capital Letters, used my Phone in German language.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have/had the same issue with Adafruit Grand Central and tried to learn much more about Watchdog on that board. In my oppinion it is no power source issue. In case of power source problems the reset cause is brownout. It also seems to be no looptime problem. The waylength the ardumower takes in case the watchdog resets the Adafruit is about 2...3m. The boottime of the Adafruit is about 8...10 sec. The speed of my Ardumower is adaptive between 0.2 and 0.5m/s. That fits with the 2...3m.
As result of that, it may be a problem of the watchdog itself. As workaround i am testing 15 sec instead of 10 sec for the watchdog timer. Since i changed that, no watchdog resets occured. But i have to check that for a longer time.

When I look at the log files, I notice that the value of the stack pointer sp=xxxx keeps going up.
With my understanding, however, this should not happen.
This is also the case with my mower, by the way, and at some point it also stops. In other threads I have also noticed the stack running up.
Can someone please evaluate this?

The sunray firmware has a stack dump functionality if unexpected wd-resets appear. For this you have to use SD card logging. Please have a look at the Ardumower Wiki Sunray „SD card logging“ ...

Oben