Erledigt: Suche XBee Radio module Long Range

I can’t help with the XBee modules but if it is if any interest to you as an alternative I used SiK telemetry modules with my Ardumower and they have worked flawlessly for four years.
 
I can’t help with the XBee modules but if it is if any interest to you as an alternative I used SiK telemetry modules with my Ardumower and they have worked flawlessly for four years.
Thats a good idea, Clive! How did you connect it to the F9P? Via soldering RX/TX pins? Is it possible to connect more than 2 modules together so that I use one for the base and two or more for the rovers?
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thats a good idea, Clive! How did you connect it to the F9P? Via soldering RX/TX pins?
Yes exactly that. It was four years ago but as I remember they just worked pretty much out of the box and have not missed a beat since, you just need to make sure you get the one that operates on the right frequency which for Europe and the U.K. is 433MHz. I used it with a Sparkfun F9P GPS module which at the time I bought them worked out considerably cheaper than the recommended modules.
 
Do sou know if you would work with multipoint connections?
I am planning to build a second mower and want ro use only one base for bot mowers.
Do you use the Holybro SiK radios or the original RFD?
 
Do sou know if you would work with multipoint connections?
I am planning to build a second mower and want ro use only one base for bot mowers.
Do you use the Holybro SiK radios or the original RFD?
I used the Holybro SIK and made a small UHF dipole antenna for the base and a 1/4 wave whip on the mower. As far as multipoint is concerned I think it may be possible depending on how you set the protocol. I think I just used it in its default mode but if you look at this document….

https://files.rfdesign.com.au/Files/documents/Software manual.pdf

it seems to suggest in chapter 5 that a multipoint network can be established. I’m sure there’s plenty of info out here as it’s a widely in the drone community.

Hope this helps!
 
Ich habe drei simpleRTK2B Module - 1x Basisstation + 2x mower.
Die xbee-module habe ich durch esp32 mit Zusatzantenne ersetzt.
Dazu muß man nur die Pins des esp32 richtig mit dem Stecksockel des xbee-moduls im ardusimple Board verbinden (Kabel-Adapter selbst anfertigen).
Die Pin-Belegung und das esp32 Programm findet man auf der Webseite von ardusimple.
Damit lassen sich mehrere Rover betreiben. Ich habe das Korrektursignal zusätzlich in mein Wlan eingespeist. Dadurch kann man mit Antennen des Wlan die Reichweite erhöhen. (ich leite das Signal über Richtfunkstrecke ca 200m vom Haus zu meinem Schuppen weiter).
Die esp‘s können über die wlan-Verbindung konfiguriert werden.

Gruß Fürst Ruprecht
 
2 Rover an einer Basis geht auch mit den XBEEs. Die Reichweite der Long-range-Module ist sehr gut und liefert auch an Stellen eine verlässliche Verbindung, wo WLAN bereits gefährlich schwächelt. Ich würde deshalb die XBEEs dem WLAN vorziehen.
 
I confirm that xbee LR module are perfect and work for me on large area with 1 base station and 2 rover without issue.
WIFI have some trouble on long range with tree etc... Other solution is certainly LORA on ESP32, i test them in the past and they work at long range (200 meter) into garden area with tree etc..
 
I used the Holybro SIK and made a small UHF dipole antenna for the base and a 1/4 wave whip on the mower. As far as multipoint is concerned I think it may be possible depending on how you set the protocol. I think I just used it in its default mode but if you look at this document….

https://files.rfdesign.com.au/Files/documents/Software manual.pdf

it seems to suggest in chapter 5 that a multipoint network can be established. I’m sure there’s plenty of info out here as it’s a widely in the drone community.

Hope this helps!
Clive, how did you connect you SiK radio to the F9P? I tried soldering the TX pin of the SiK to the TX2 pin on the F9P as it states, it is the RX port on UART2. I tried to swap both RX/tX cables on both sides but I do not get data into the F9P. The connection between the SiKs works perfect as seen on the LEDs and the serial console.
Could you give me a hint?

edit: fixed it!
 
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich habe den Beitrag mal ins richtige Forum eingestellt:
 

Anhänge

  • IMG_9606.jpg
    IMG_9606.jpg
    2 MB · Aufrufe: 25
  • IMG_9608.jpg
    IMG_9608.jpg
    2,6 MB · Aufrufe: 23
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich brauche glaube ein neues XBEE Longrange Modul für meine Basis, ich bekomme kein Korrektursignal mehr und ich kann auch das XBEE Modul nur mit Fehler auslesen oder Einstellungen speichern.

Kann man das von Ardusimple nehmen? https://www.ardusimple.de/product/radio-module-long-range/

Oder gibt es noch andere gute günstige Quellen? Sind die schon fix und fertig programmiert oder muss ich da was selber machen. Die Firmware kann man ja nur mit einem Spezial Board installieren, oder?
 
Ich brauche glaube ein neues XBEE Longrange Modul für meine Basis, ich bekomme kein Korrektursignal mehr und ich kann auch das XBEE Modul nur mit Fehler auslesen oder Einstellungen speichern.

Kann man das von Ardusimple nehmen? https://www.ardusimple.de/product/radio-module-long-range/

Oder gibt es noch andere gute günstige Quellen? Sind die schon fix und fertig programmiert oder muss ich da was selber machen. Die Firmware kann man ja nur mit einem Spezial Board installieren, oder?
Hallo!

Reicht es nicht, die Module nach Ihren damaligen Empfehlungen zu konfigurieren?
In diesem Beitrag haben wir besprochen, wie die Module konfiguriert werden, richtig?

Ich finde es interessant zu wissen, ob jemand anderes das gleiche Problem hat und wie man das GPS konfiguriert, um ein defektes Teil zu ersetzen.

Danke!

Freundliche Grüße.
 
Bei mir habe ich schon Probleme beim Auslesen der XBEE Module, endlose Resets und manche Werte können schon nicht mehr ausgelesen werden. Und beim beschreiben mit den richtigen Daten, bekomme ich Schreibfehler. Somit denke ich dass das Xbee Modul ersetzt werden muss. Lasse mich aber auch gerne von anderen Ideen überzeugen.
 
Oben