Azuritber chassis modification

5:57 she also decided to cut a corner.
No it's not in the firmware :LOL: :LOL:
It's something else and you need to see what's append inside the console (see into log folder on the PI)

Certainly the tracking fail in the corner and perifind start again !!!
What is the perimeter tracking speed ??

I have a problem leaving the charging station.
204801272_211917127470793_6632682244036798917_n.jpg
How can you smooth the track. Currently, the mower is doing a bit of a zigzag.
e.g. 2:50, 3:30
These sliders in apps are very difficult to use. It is difficult to set a value precisely. I have changed that at home and it seems to be much better. The same is true for the Arduremote app and fpodApp. In my opinion, there should be a field to enter a value. An awful lot of time is wasted on these sliders.

Please see if the other settings look okay.
206667784_353044086480759_4464700619718082564_n.png209013085_550435359450416_9065795428602936091_n.png

First of all the motor setting need to be OK:
I assume the odometry setting : test odo 1 rev / 3 meters forward / roll 360 are OK.
Try to click on Calib Motor (Mower automaticaly compute the max RPM according your Max PWM setting)
See result into console.
If the mower speed is correct for you during the test, you can keep the PWM max value and change later only the RPM max.

For station:
If you have the pi connected :
Into Piardu Console you can see exactly what 's append when leave station maybe drive motor Power max is trig .
Without PI you need to use code from branch test_for_display to see console into arduremote.
and into arduremote go to console to see the message.
You can use timer to start the leave station with the arduremote console open.(During test if you use Go to station you need to put again the timer ON and OFF to use again immediatly the timer or mower stay in station for the next 2 hours)

Only the message can explain what's append.
According to your setting mower need to reverse for 1.78 meter to leave station and never stop inside like that.
Roll angle 13 deg is small but !!

For tracking:
Into perimeter setting "Perimeter MAG max value" you have 2000 but i see -2281 , try to find the max value by moving (by hand) mower upper the wire and adjust slider according (maybe 2500!!)
Avoid the swap left coil polarity (it's better to invert perimeter wire at output of sender)
After that reduce the tracking speed (Test first with 160) and adjust slider TRACK_P and TRACK_I (don't use TRACK_D) until you find a correct tracking.When it's OK increase the speed and repeat the PID adjustment.

For track smooth:
Into IMU setting:
Adjust DIR_P and DIR_I until mower run perfectly straight

To have easy IMU pid slider in the code you can change the min and max value.
see pfod.cpp line 814
Code:
sendPIDSlider("g05", F("Dir"), robot->imuDirPID, 0.1, 20);
slider move between 0 and 20
replace with
Code:
sendPIDSlider("g05", F("Dir"), robot->imuDirPID, 0.1, 10,5);
so slider move between 5 and 10

To have easy perimeter pid slider in the code you can change the min and max value.
see pfod.cpp line 606
Code:
sendPIDSlider("e07", F("Track"), robot->perimeterPID, 0.1, 52);

replace 52 by 20,10 for example.

Maybe @flyfast can share his setting if you have the same drive motor !

I noticed that the lawnmower simply does not have the strength to leave the garage. The left wheel has more power than the right one because the mower turns slightly to the right when leaving the garage. When I help her with my hand, it will go well.
In the PiArdumower software, I do not see the tab for the charging station settings?

I set the PWM to 255 and it's reasonably fine. Still a bit of a pull to the right. Sometimes the "Save setings" option does not appear in the arduremote app. I change the settings of the charging station several times and it still shows the old ones. The same applies to the motor settings - I changed PWM several times before it worked. Therefore, I prefer to set in PiArdumower, only the charging station settings are missing.

I noticed that the lawnmower simply does not have the strength to leave the garage.
Look at piardu console .
You need to have a message about motor power when mower stop reverse or something is wrong in the config.

In the PiArdumower software, I do not see the tab for the charging station settings?
Yes the setting part locate on piardu is not perfect and not complete : it's better to always use arduremote or PFOD for setting.
The reason is that writing in the RTC eeprom take time and freeze DUE for 9 or 10 secondes. It can be dangerous if mower is running, so you can see the SAVE SETTING button only if mower is in state OFF and never in Manual or mowing.

I set the PWM to 255
Unfortunatly it's not a correct value because PID increase or reduce the motor PWM value of right and left wheel when running to go straight .If value is already 255 (the max software possible) the PID can 't work well and act only by reducing speed on 1 wheel instead of increase one and reduce the other.

What motor did you use ??
To show your setting you can use piardu and into console click on List var and save file.
You can see the file into log folder.

Here setting file from DENNA and ROBOMOW

Anhänge

• DENNA_Console.txt
    9,3 KB · Aufrufe: 4
  • robomow_Console.txt
    37 KB · Aufrufe: 2
Today I am almost sure that the problem with the mower's operation is disturbance. The pins appear on the perimeter chart. The mower very often receives a signal that it has reached the wire (POUT) even though it is in the middle of the mowing area. There is some way to eliminate the noise from the motors.

signal that it has reached the wire (POUT) even though it is in the middle of the mowing area
If you use raspberry ,you can share the console ,so it's easy to understand what's append.
For the snake moving it's only bad IMU PID adjustment.
For pause on movement it's motor PWM min

It's also very easy to test the motor noise and be sure if a mow motor workaround is needed or not:
Into setting Mow : set force Mowing OFF to Yes and leave mower run for 2 or 3 hours.Search later in the console if something appear with bad signal.

There was no waiting 2 hours. I turned off the mowing motor for 30 minutes and there was never an erroneous perimeter signal. When I turned on the mowing motor, the mower gets about 20 - 30 false perimeter signals. 😭

If it was working in the past , try to move the wire locate between receiver and PCB1.3 and try to avoid to be near mow motor and near DC/DC stepdown.

And Do the workaround for mow motor

Just an idea....
I had at the beginning with my mower problems with perimeter signal receiving. First step was to move the signal receiver a little bit forward and up(~7cm).
Next I relocated the step down converter in the back of the mower. I never had any issues since then. (okay, sometimes after a heavy rainfall)

UWE

Yesterday I raised the coil to sonar height and the problem was gone. There was not a single false signal in several minutes. Previously, the coil was under the bumper.
IMG_20210705_210038.jpg

Oh, good news but what is happen with your center sonar😳
I am also increased the voltage of the perimeter sender to the maximum and installed a little 24v blower to keep it cool.

Uwe

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Is it possible to use a filter on the motor? I do not like the place of the coil very much. It obstructs the sonar and disorganizes the garage entrance. Maybe there is some better receiver and coil that I can use? Does the length of the cable from the sensor with the coil to the PCB matter?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Unfortunately, adding 3x 100nF capacitors did not help. There is still noise. Tomorrow I will put the ferrite on and check it. If that doesn't help, the coil will have to stay like in the picture above.
IMG_20210706_150001.jpg

After replacing the coil with a better one, the noise is smaller, but there is. I think I need to replace the mower motor. This motor what I have now is trash from China. What motor to use that does not generate so much noise?

Oben