Ardumower communication

DiaZ0te

Hey !

I currently work on ardumower and i have a few question on ardumower systems. It is a very nice project and I would like to add a personal touch to it.
I would like generate my robot path with my app.
Where is the robot path calculated or generated ?
if is calculate on app, what data should be sent to the robot ?

Thank for your answer !

DiaZz

Hey DiaZz,
Did you build your Ardumower? I would start with it and not think about starting your own software. Building the robot is already a time consuming process. You don't want to reinvent the wheel and start a new App? And if you need features included in the software, please let me know (I can add your code and ideas as well - ideally, your code is written in Javascript - I can honor contributions with a license...) :)
PS: The App is closed source so I can get some financial support for it. I have been working full-time on the firmware and App for one year. Alternatives to this would be to offer supporting me via subscriptions(e.g. Patreon). But I don't know how many users would do this, so I try to get financial support via the App (and I hope it makes sense to you). Maybe a plugin system would help. Just let me know what you are trying to achieve.
Regards,
Alexander

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
This is a reminder. If your goal is to use any Ardumower Open Source firmware software in commerical projects and without complying to the GPL license (which basically means you have to make your derived code Open Source again) you will get a problem. If we have doubt that you used Ardumower Open Source firmware software in any commercial projects and you do not want to open your derived code, we will file a complaint to the The Free Software Foundation Europe, Berlin which acts on GPL violations. So, please be warned of that if using Ardumower Open Source firmware in any commercial robotic mowers. Actually, in the past this case happened already and we have successfully stopped that company using Ardumower code in any commercial products (because that company didn't want to open their code).

You are making jokes with me aren't you? ;) The firmware is Open Source, the App is to (re-)finance all my work on the RTK firmware project...

;) Yes little but maby little not also. I think you doing great work and I'm happy to pay you for your work. I thought little on the other side that maby the code should be open for ground parts of the app also so other people can help with the development. Of cause, you still can get finance for premium functions/hosting etc. Maby I'm out bicycle with this. :unsure::)

Hi Markus, Ok yes I think so too. My thinking working maby better for like website CMS (WordPress etc) when more people are involved. Probably hard to get that to work in ArduMower.

very interesting, should I also offer this at Marotronics? :)
Do you already have a distribution in Germany or do you deliver here?

Yes, I'm working on the German and the English version right now and planning to expand to Germany in 2021. Ofcause you can also offer this on Marotronics. I'm not so good in German so I'm also going to need little help with the german translation of "https://rollrasenkaufe.de" after I have auto-translated the site and maby you are interested to be our contact person in Germany?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben