3 phase motor driver board connection to mainboard V1.3 some questions.

krist

Hello, thank you for reading my post.
I am rebuilding a defective Stiga Robot mower with the Ardumower project . I replaced the mainboard and the wheel motors.
But I should like to re use the existing mower motor because it is difficult to replace it with a single phase DC motor.
The mower motor is a 3 phase motor, had 3 connections U-V-W and 3 hall sensors.

I purchased a driver board from Banggood: https://www.banggood.com/DC-12V-36V...ard-p-1311440.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN
1580935238822.png
Questions:
1.Is it possible to replace the existing MC33926 driver board by this 3 phase driver board?
2.How can I connect the control lines from the Arduino to this board?

My Idea:

As I see on the mainboard, there are the connection between the Arduino and th MC33926 motor driver board:

pinMotorMowSense: --> Z/F
pinMotorMowFault -->?
pinMotorMowPWM -->VR
pinMotorMowDir -->Z/F
pinMotorMowEnable --> EL

Is there somebody in this post who already used this type of board and should my idea work?

Hello, Jürgen is working on an adapter board for this driver. I let him know and he can present the status of the development here.
Regards Markus

Hello Guys,
Thanks for the answers.
I did a test with this motor and driver board but I cannot get it running. There is still something wrong. I am not sure if I have to connect the Hall sensors somewhere to get it running.
Or there is something wrong with the chinese board.
An option for 3 fase motors would be a nice extra feature for the Ardumower because they are used alot.
gts,
Krist

I think of using a level shift board between the Arduino Uno which is using 3V3 and the DLDC board using 5V.
Boards like this: https://www.martoparts.nl/4-weg-logic-level-converter.
Somebody who has some information about these boards?
More info about level shifting: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bi-directional-logic-level-converter-hookup-guide/all
If you want to support the project, you support the Ardumower Shop! ;)
Level Shift Board

Hello Markus, Thanks for the anwer.
But I have a bigger problem with the I2C lines not working. I bought a new mower motor and will use this one.
I only have to do a bit more mechanics.
But it is worth trying

Hallo,

Ich habe ein ähnliches Problem. Ich versuche die Ardumower Technik in einen YardForce zu verpflanzen. Der YardForce hat Brushless-Motoren mit Hallgebern.
Auf das Brushless-Board bin ich auch schon gestoßen. Würde der Level-Shifter reichen? Wenn ich es richtig verstehe braucht das Brushless-Board eine Steuerspannung von 0-5V und die Original Motor-Shield ein PWM Signal. Oder übersehe ich was in der Config?

Gruß,

Matthias

Hallo,

Im Grunde funktioniert der Brushless Treiber genauso wie die Standard DC Treiber. Er braucht das PWM, Enable und Richtungssignal. Funktionieren tut das ganze auch mit einfachen Level-Shiftern. Ich hab die aus ein paar BS138 aufgebaut. Was der Brushless-Treiber braucht ist ein vernünftiges Enable Signal sonst geht der einfach aus wenn das PWM Signal zu lange aus bleibt, also immer dann wenn der Roboter ein paar Sekunden steht. Dann muss Enable einmal auf Low und wieder auf High gehen damit der Treiber wieder läuft.

Gruß

Matthias

Hello,

It's a little bit dificultly to explane. The Brushless ESCs works with a Mega Board. Because the Mega have 5V TTL Level. When you will use the Due Board you must change the 3.3V Signal to 5V Signal. The "quick an dirty" Methode with BSS Fets works if you use active the Enable Ports. I have measure that the Signal Level of the BSS are not correct TTL conform. I have change the BSS to an MOS4050 IC. This works now very well without the Enable Signal. The 4050 accept 3.3V Signal as logical high Level and when the IC is powered by 5V the Output-Signal have an correct TTL Signal. The China YJ01 of the ESC need that. Sorry for my simple english.o_O
I Hope i can Help you a little bit.

Ich hab da Mal eine Frage. Aktuell hab ich die letzte Azurit RFID Version drauf. Ist es normal das beim Richtungswechsel das PWM Signal invertiert wird?

Hm. I have two brushless motors to run on robomow RS platform.
How is the progress on the adapter board ?

Would be a nice conversion from robomow to ardumower on this platform, with the floating deck,spring bumper and the 56cm cut.
Also there seem to be quite enough space for battery/electronics inside it.

Hallo zusammen! Ich habe vor einen Robomow MS1800 umzurüsten. Ich muss hier doch noch einmal nachfragen: Mit dem MOS4050 IC habe ich doch 6 Ausgänge, somit könnte ich mit einem praktisch 6 Motoren auf enable setzen, richtig? Ist das Problem mit dem Stillstand dann gleichzeitig behoben ?

Gruß
Ansgar
Ps: Danke an Markus für die schnelle Lieferung der Teile! Damit hatte ich noch gar nicht gerechnet,Top!!!

Moin zusammen,

Ich bin gerade dabei meinen Mäher auf einen Brushless Mähwerk umzurüsten und habe mir den QS-909 JYQD zugelegt.

welchen Nachteil habe ich, wenn der mc33926 drauf bleibt und ich den Qs-909 an diesem anschließe? Mit mc33926 habe ich doch noch die Stromüberwachung?!

Gruß, Murug

Oben