various remaining questions Ardumower

goosst

I've been collecting information about the ardumower (2021 version) on this forum but still remain with some questions:

• I would go for a robot with the NTRIP wifi correction (which in my area would get corrections from the FLEPOS network: https://www.vlaanderen.be/digitaal-.../flepos-centimeternauwkeurige-positiebepaling).
    What happens if the wifi connection would get lost / is hard to reach at a few spots?
    • does the mower stop mowing in this case?
    • can a perimeter wire be used as backup for safety (it's available in the ground from my existing robot)
  • is this design watertight (or at least watertight to protect the electronics)? Those ultrasonic sensors don't seem very watertight at first sight?
  • can this mower deal with typical obstacles (mole and ant hills), without getting stuck all the time. I see it has front wheel driven wheels, which makes me believe it's more robust than my current robot ... .
thanks!

What happens if the wifi connection would get lost / is hard to reach at a few spots?
Then the Ardumower did not have a fix (good) navigation signal. You can allow the robot to mow for few seconds with bad signal or you cannot allow it, then the robot stopped immediately.
can a perimeter wire be used as backup for safety (it's available in the ground from my existing robot)
At the moment, only there is only the virutual perimeter. But the hardware of the ardumower is good, and I have only few places in my yard with bad GPS signal. The mower can get problems with high walls, for example a small yard between two houses can be a problem. Because the high walls did reflect the GPS signal and so the Ardumower cannot use it. I have only few situation on which the Ardumower drive over the virtual perimeter, one situation was a obstacle nearly the virtual perimeter and the other situation was that as I create the virtual perimeter, I have not look on the APP as I set a GPS Point in a edge and the signal was bad and so the GPS signal was out of the yard and the Ardumower prepare to reach this point.... But today if you set a GPS Point with a bad GPS signal then the APP told you by a popup meassage, that the signal is bad and if you will really set the GPS point with a bad signal.

is this design watertight (or at least watertight to protect the electronics)? Those ultrasonic sensors don't seem very watertight at first sight?
I think you must use silicon for the holes in the top plate and for the side, front and back a foam rubber band. You can install the rainsensor, so the Ardumower drive home if the rain starts.

can this mower deal with typical obstacles (mole and ant hills), without getting stuck all the time. I see it has front wheel driven wheels, which makes me believe it's more robust than my current robot ... .
The Ardumower drive over the ant hils. But I have no experience with mole hills. But I have some experience with mouse holes, and sometimes the Ardumower stick in the hole. For this situation it can be better to use the big rubber whelles.
believe it's more robust than my current robot ... .
Whiich robot did you have in the moment?

For what i can say.... the agility and strenght of the Drives of the ardumower are Superior. Alot of the mechanic solutions need to bei tuned, though...
The thin wheels Work great when there is lawn, but they dont Work good on soft Sand. But the wheels can bei modded very easy to suit the Situation.

The orig bumper is useless. Its too short and too weak to Trigger. You only need to Look at it and it will trigger... XD.

GPS with homebase is very robust. I Believer better then any upcoming rtk commercial solutions.

Its possible to make it somewhat watertight. You can leave Sonar and siliconise all the inside Corners. Its basically a Box.

If you build Something Like a small mowdeck for it, the mower will stay somewhat Clean and you only have to Clean the mowdeck Sometimes. Maximum width of cutting Diameter ist 29cm.. Standard ist 19 or 16 i Believe?

thanks a lot for the quick answers!
Whiich robot did you have in the moment?
The Robomow RC 308
I Made a silent Video, maybe that helps with Impression and possible Performance. Consider its build somewhat individually. Never cleaned it this year, only the mow Deck.
Waw, thanks for the videos!
The quick agile turning looks at least a nice feature to drive around objects :). The behaviour when touching the concrete boards does seem a bit concerning so indeed might need some more flexible/rubber wheels ... .

GPS with homebase is very robust. I Believer better then any upcoming rtk commercial solutions.
With homebase you mean your own basisstation? (additional 450 euro is quite significant if it would work with a wifi solution as well.)

For what i can say.... the agility and strenght of the Drives of the ardumower are Superior. Alot of the mechanic solutions need to bei tuned, though...
The thin wheels Work great when there is lawn, but they dont Work good on soft Sand. But the wheels can bei modded very easy to suit the Situation.

The orig bumper is useless. Its too short and too weak to Trigger. You only need to Look at it and it will trigger... XD.
Useful information, so it does sound the mower will be a project on its own :).

Then the Ardumower did not have a fix (good) navigation signal. You can allow the robot to mow for few seconds with bad signal or you cannot allow it, then the robot stopped immediately.
clear, thanks :)

Actually, the concrete Border ist 4 to 5 cm. It does not Look Like that. Other Objekts IT will climb, but thats Not Always good. The purpose was to Show you the strenght of the gearmotors. No Matter what wheel Design you want to put on the Rover, IT will have the force to do IT or dig Into the ground. The mower will Withstand bushes at the Perimeter by sheer Watts and Gears. The weight distribution along with the dimensiins ist good to!

Yes, the mower Set ist good. For a basis. But I highly recommend to tune IT with thought right when you Put IT together, If you want IT to mow larger areas and Not let it Go every day but once a week.

Yes, I am using the Homebase Kit. I cannot speak for ntrip.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
My ardumower(kit) has just arrived 🥳, now I still need to buy a battery.
The suggested batteries through the official site seem quite expensive. At first sight I don't see suggestions for alternative batteries on this forum (but might have missed it).

Are there any recommendations?
- I see 24V e-bike batteries which seem quite cheaper https://www.amazon.de/Seilylanka-Li-ion-Elektrofahrrad-Ladegerät-Batterie/dp/B07YKBXML3/ref=sr_1_21?crid=12F4EV8L76NWS&keywords=24v+akku+li-ion&qid=1698498333&sprefix=24v+akku+li,aps,121&sr=8-21
- Did anyone try to use cheap batteries from powertools (e.g. on amazon I see greenworks 24V 3ah batteries for less than 40 euro)

thanks!

Natürlich geht auch der vorgeschlagene Akku.
Du kannst aber auch bei Aliexpress und Temu dann gleich die doppelte Kapazität zum kleineren Preis kaufen.

Oben