Sunray mowing speed

bernard

According other discussion , I post here a description of the possible mowing speed of Sunray firmware .
On Robomow RL1000 platform using 3 mow motor and standard code (mowing width of 53 cm) but setting mapping compute to 45 cm it's possible to mow near 400 m2 / hour
here the screen copy of the Statistique result on 57 min mowing on 387 m2 ,so 407m2/h

img1.pngimg2.png

THe video result is here:

And here the same mowing area on different PCB teensy 4.1 version describe here :

Code is adjust in the angular and linear speed for more smooth movement:
Area is mow in 51 min ,so it's 455 m2/h
img3.png

And the video result :

bernard, you have changed the speed for turning? User Svolo have also maide it in a own sunray 1.0.276 here on Github. He have inserted a dynamic mow linear ramp.

I get the hint, bernard. iam sorry. Of course its possible, but did you correct the sunray app? Becouse the calculations of mowing time is not accurate.
Especially, when you tell people who have no triple mow width like you. To tweak the turning and speed vals is quite simple, but some newbie might misunderstand the statement of you. Becouse sunray will not provide those tweaks in config, what is.... for me.. not understandable. Those essential thing were mentioned in some posts before, becouse i think you are absolutely right: it needs to be tweaked for a really smart performance. And its capable of it, for sure! But i dont know why those simple options and configs wont go to the masterbranch! Last year, like W1976 mentioned, a couple of users made some really good improvements, like svol0, tim and me. It all startet with the sense of no load on mowmotor or too much becouse of speeds. I think a lot of users are wondering, why the standard settings make this thing creep at the lawn like a snail XD and use current for nothing.
But cheers, chapeau. I was wrong^^ Friends?

Thanks for that. I'll take a closer look. Meanwhile I did some tests with the Linetracker-code for more speed an dynamic speedregulation. But unfortunately it rains all day long, so the next test drive has to wait for the next rays of sunshine.

If bernard, Mr.tree, Svol0 and tim will create together some improvements and tell us in github after some times of test. Then I hope Alexander insert the code to official branch.

This is my first test with adaptive speed and fast turns. The speed is throttled by mowing current and lateral errors. The first works well, the second is a bit problematic at the moment. There are some mistakes at the beginning of a mowline that I don't understand at the moment.

Anhänge

• IMG_4618.MOV
    110,3 MB
This is my first test with adaptive speed and fast turns. The speed is throttled by mowing current and lateral errors. The first works well, the second is a bit problematic at the moment. There are some mistakes at the beginning of a mowline that I don't understand at the moment.
lateral errors? do you mean the neccessary mapstanley for higher speeds than just 2 values for normal and slow speed?
the problem for beginnings in slow speed is that the values do not fit. if you have 0.05 as minimum speed and 0.59 for maximum, try stanley slow lateral 0.05 and stanley lateral normal 1.8 or 2.0

i know that becouse this tweak came from me XDDD 🤟🤘🤘🤘

For all those who have odometry on mowmoter (RPM), i recommend controlling the speed by that, it´s faster in response and robust.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thank you for your reply. The problem is solved. The reason for it, was my testing with speed-ramps. I did use the ramps not only on the lane but also while turning. That was no good idea. The resulting errors were much bigger than expected. Now i have speed-ramps only on the lane, the behavior of the mower is quit nice.
The next step to test are adaptive Stanley-Factors. I agree with you, that the switch between slow and fast is not optimal for all speed. But I need more experience to do this optimisation.

Yes, do not change the angular gain. If its drifting off course while moving without fast enough correction, tune the lateral up. Just test mower with maxspeed, and tune the stanley normal parameter. then drive with minspeed and tune the stanley slow parameter. get the mower to slight oscillation around path, then reduce the parameter a little bit.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
When i did tune the Parameters, i walked behind and pushed the back of the mower some degrees while moving to get it off curse. Then watch the behaviour when it wants to correct its curse.

There is angular and lateral. Angular is related to the Angle.. and If the Angle to target track is about right, but WE are beside the track... Lateral will be in command, fighting angular.

Oben