Stiga autoclip 325 transformation

Bracame

Hello,

My goal is to forget wire perimeter so switching to ardumower rtk is a good solution for my autoclip 325 .
I'm French (I write and read English but not Germain) and google translation doesn't help me to understand all in this project.
Some question :

-> Does anyone use "Alfred" kit as standalone to retrofit a mower ? (a bracket adaptation ?)

-> If i buy a 1.4 board + brusched driver can i use my actual motors ? (The goal is to switch to brushless for the blade and steppers for the wheels )

-> What is the andraoid/pc app to use with a 1.4 board (grand central cpu) ?

Thank you for help.

christophe

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi Christophe,

The Alfred Kit cannot be used für another Mower than the NGP Mower (the Alfred Chassis) because the Alfred Chassis has All Sensors and Motordriverelectronics.
(I think an alternative motordricer PCB is in development bit not available yet)

Why not use Alfred? (the electronic is for sure the future)

Best regards,
Chris

Thank you Chris,

I think Alfred hardware is not the good solution for me because of my rough terrain (holes and bumps) ... Reason why i use the 325 (One of the only one how do the job).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
-> Does anyone use "Alfred" kit as standalone to retrofit a mower ? (a bracket adaptation ?)
Never heard that, but if you understand how Alfred works, where is the cut, where ends Marotronics hardware and begins NGP Hardware it is possible to adap that to other mowers (is a lot of work)

-> If i buy a 1.4 board + brusched driver can i use my actual motors ? (The goal is to switch to brushless for the blade and steppers for the wheels )
It depends which motors do you have

-> What is the andraoid/pc app to use with a 1.4 board (grand central cpu) ?
It‘s the same for Ardumower as for Alfred: Sunray App or you can use community App: CaSSAndRA

Never heard that, but if you understand how Alfred works, where is the cut, where ends Marotronics hardware and begins NGP Hardware it is possible to adap that to other mowers (is a lot of work)......
Thank you for all those infromation.

"Alfred" board (Raspy 4) seem to have a little GPIO -> I'll read pinout assignement, the biger difficulty is (in my mind) to switch 3.3V to 5V world for electronic components.

I can do the job but have not a lot of time.

And i planed to use steppers motors for the wheels (now controlers can detect stall and torque -> Perfect for odometry ;-)

Best regards

I currently work on adaptation Alfred software to my second mower, but the work is going not so fast as I want it, have other priority projects at the moment

I understand, same problem of little time here (With my others project in course).

Just read -> Bananapi have a limited pinout (GPIO, PWM, ....) Need multiplexing to do the job ?

Hard to decide witch board to choose at the moment ......

Thanks

Ho ! Yes :

Features:

16-channel digital input/outputs (Pins 8 and 16 are outputs only)
8-channel 12-bit resolution analogue input (ADC)
2 channel 12-bit resolution analogue output (DAC)

Real-time Clock (RTC) with CR2032 battery holder.

RTC code to rewrite and why ADC and DAC ? ... Sorry i need to read Alfred code to give me this anwser :unsure:

My brain will work this night :oops:

Hi,

Thanks again for help.

Just tested compilation with "#define DRV_SIM_ROBOT 1 // simulation" on my PC -> Some errors like :

/Sunray-master/alfred/src/FileIO.cpp:146:12: error: ordered comparison of pointer with integer zero (‘FILE*’ and ‘int’)
146 | if(_file <= 0) return 0;

...... My compiler need a nullptr definition i think .... Will try to compile (My OS is Linux Mint 22.1)

A question : On Marotronics, we can read (in the Alfred kit DIY) a Sunray licence -> What is this service ? The cloud storage of the maps ?

Other mind : Bananapi M4 seem to be in it end od lifecycle, hard to fins on severall sites . Is there a remplacement board ?

Christophe

My compiler need a nullptr definition i think .... Will try to compile (My OS is Linux Mint 22.1)
Actually it should work, I have Sim robot running in LXC Container with Debian bullseye
A question : On Marotronics, we can read (in the Alfred kit DIY) a Sunray licence -> What is this service ? The cloud storage of the maps ?
Sunray App is in basic version available for ever (Differnce to free version: Pattern lines for mow ways and possibility to record dock path
Other mind : Bananapi M4 seem to be in it end od lifecycle, hard to fins on severall sites . Is there a remplacement board ?
You can use raspberry pi without any modifications

My sim robot is running on intel nuc as I know there is no WiFi and bluetooth on board.

Bluetooth can be deactivated in config.h but anyway compilation should work without any changes in config.h

Oben