Some general questions from a new user

tooltime

Hi,
I've been considering for a while now to take the plunge into Ardumower. I've got a background in software engineering and mechanics, not hw though.
As many others I've considered bying an "off the rack" mower but always thought them to be quite expensive, at least the better ones. And also, there closed off so modifying is no option.
Before I order the Ardumower, I'd really appreciate if someone have the time and energy to answer a few questions about the mower.

- Compared to readily available ones, like the Husqvarna, Gardena or Ambrogio, would you say the overall performance and quality is comparable?
- How big a lawn can the Ardumower handle?
- Does it handle multiple zones or is that something I could add?
- Can it operate in rain (not to heavy of course)?
- Is the Ardumower based on the one from Roboshop? (The chassi seem fairly simillar)
- The random navigation, is that "just" based on the idea of turning left or right, randomly between X and 180 degrees, or is there more too it?
- Does the mower have any memory of coverage? (Or does it simply restart the random mowing after every recharge)

Thank you
Tooltime

- Compared to readily available ones, like the Husqvarna, Gardena or Ambrogio, would you say the overall performance and quality is comparable?
I would say the quality of the named robots is better. They use brushless motors and the chassis are much better. The software is also more finished.
- How big a lawn can the Ardumower handle?
It depends on how long the mower mowes in one day. I would say 1000 square meters works well if you mow 6-9h a day.
- Does it handle multiple zones or is that something I could add?
You have to add by yourselfe. The question is how the zones are connected.
- Can it operate in rain (not to heavy of course)?
No. The chassis has gaps where the plate abut. Furthermore the motors are not protected enough from the outside. You have to seal this. The sonar sensors are not waterresistant.
- Is the Ardumower based on the one from Roboshop? (The chassi seem fairly simillar)
don't know.
- The random navigation, is that "just" based on the idea of turning left or right, randomly between X and 180 degrees, or is there more too it?
Only a random like you described.
- Does the mower have any memory of coverage? (Or does it simply restart the random mowing after every recharge
It restarts the random new without memory.

Oben