SD Card Logging

Matteo

Hi!
I've installed the sd card module (it's NOT Catalex module but it have the same components):
003.JPG002.JPG
I connected the module like in the wiki:

004.JPG

and activated in config.h:

005.JPG

I have formatted two sd card (8Gb and 64Gb) in FAT32 with and old pc:

001.JPG

I have no log file. In the output monitor everything looks fine (no sd card error).
When the Ardumower write the log file to the sd card?
Any suggestion?

Thanks Matteo

Hello Matteo,
I'm not an expert but in the image I see that you didn't remove the square brackets in the config.h code.
If you activate only the first and last (recommended), you will only see data when you generate the first map and upload it to the Rover.
Option 2 is for testing and there data would appear as soon as you turn on the Rover.
IMPORTANT! After finishing the tests I recommend deactivating it, because it happened to me that over time the upload of maps is blocked because FAT32 has a limit of files in the root folder. Perhaps developers should think about creating a subfolder for using logs.
All the best.

Hello Matteo,
I'm not an expert but in the image I see that you didn't remove the square brackets in the config.h code.
If you activate only the first and last (recommended), you will only see data when you generate the first map and upload it to the Rover.
Option 2 is for testing and there data would appear as soon as you turn on the Rover.
IMPORTANT! After finishing the tests I recommend deactivating it, because it happened to me that over time the upload of maps is blocked because FAT32 has a limit of files in the root folder. Perhaps developers should think about creating a subfolder for using logs.
All the best.
Hello Senil!
Thak you for your reply.
Finally I got the log files to sd card with this configuration:
impostazioni per attivare il log dei file.JPG
But all the files are empty:
log file.JPG
Sd card logging is only for testing purpose?

Hello Senil!
Thak you for your reply.
Finally I got the log files to sd card with this configuration:
Anhang anzeigen 7113
Perfect.

But all the files are empty:
Anhang anzeigen 7114
Sd card logging is only for testing purpose?
Yes, but also to store the maps and I think also the latest status of the Rover.
If you are thinking about carrying out tests, it is better to also uncomment the second line, but only temporarily until you have better results with your lawnmower. It helps you a lot in some cases, although the data it shows is somewhat overwhelming to read.

Greetings.

Perfect.

Yes, but also to store the maps and I think also the latest status of the Rover.
If you are thinking about carrying out tests, it is better to also uncomment the second line, but only temporarily until you have better results with your lawnmower. It helps you a lot in some cases, although the data it shows is somewhat overwhelming to read.

Greetings.
Ok thanks. I will try to store the maps.

Oben