Relays and user defined switch

Hi All
What is the large relay located near the 2 fuses used for....is it for controlling the charging of the battery.
How can I test to see if it is working. Currently nothing I am doing is triggering it. (Note I am using a 24v board with a 12 v supply) with battery monitoring turned off.

Also the 3 user defined switches located on pin40. What current can they take? What are they typically used for....lights, buzzers ?????

lastly does the tilt sensor located on P19 work differently from the tilt that the IMU will detect and if so how

regards

Max

Hi Max.
What is the large relay
Yes this relay is used to charge the battery.
I am using a 24v board with a 12 v supply
Sorry but here i don't understand 24V board need 24V battery and 24V charger ??
the 3 user defined
If you use a Due no current so transistor is mandatory on each output of the board, for the Mega a Led or Buzzer can take place.
tilt sensor located on P19

If you don't use the IMU this input can be use as safety to stop the mower in the code it's:

Code:
if (tiltUse){
    if ((tilt) && (stateCurr != STATE_TILT_STOP) && (stateCurr != STATE_OFF) && (stateCurr != STATE_STATION_CHARGING)){
      Console.println(F("BumperDuino tilt"));      
			setSensorTriggered(SEN_TILT);
      setNextState(STATE_TILT_STOP,0);
    }
  }

Dear Bernard
Yes I was confusing. Until my Ardumower chassis and motors arrive I am using 12 motors. I have a 24v pcb board. So I do not damage the current 12v motors I am only connecting 12v to the PCB. I am also disabling the battery monitoring so the relay can not work even if I wanted it to. Also I do not have a charger hooked up yet
So when I get the Ardumor motors and switch to a 24 volt system as I lower the battery voltage I guess the relay will start to work as designed.

Last question for today. What is the lawn sensor ? I can guess that it detects grass. I do not see it in the shop.

Regarding sensors what sensors are
1 Essential
2 Useful
3 OK
4 Not really required
to add to the Ardumower

regards

Max

Last question for today. What is the lawn sensor ? I can guess that it detects grass. I do not see it in the shop.
Lawn sensor i am not sure it's work very well but ambroglio use it so why not (it's avoid perimeter wire).
You can find video and help on it into the web.

Regarding sensors what sensors are
1 Essential
2 Useful
3 OK
4 Not really required
to add to the Ardumower

All depend only of what you want.

But for me :
Perimeter sender, charging station and Arduremote are a good working solution (IMU or Tilt sensor are safety solution to stop the blade if problem)

1 Essential
The ardumower kit with motor , PCB1.3 with accesory,arduino, Tilt sensor for safety.

2 Usefull
Sender Perimeter
Receiver ¨Perimeter
Charging Station
RTC,good if you want full automatic solution
Arduremote on phone tablet or PC to start mowing when you want.

3 OK
If your lawn have slope it's good to make the Odometry work (without odometry IMU can be an alternative)

4 Not really required
Lawn sensor,GPS,Dropsensor,Rain sensor etc

Hope it can help.

Der Regensensor dient zum erkennen von den Regen. Sollte es Regnen fährt der Mower zurück in die Ladestation. Das soll verhindern das die Schneidmesser durch den feuchten Rasenschnitt verkleben.

Gruß
Uwe

The rain sensor serves to recognize the rain. If it rains, the Mower goes back to the charging station. This is to prevent the cutting blades sticking through the damp lawn cut.

greeting
Uwe

Oben