PCB1.3: Question to charger removal detection

brosr

Hi Community,

on the Sunray FW I have the issue that the charger removal detection is not working (using PCB1.3). The relay is not released and the chg voltage is equal the bat voltage.
Strangely it is working on the same HW with the Azurit FW. Im trying to understand the schematic. To my understanding if the Relay is closed and I remove
the external charger the battery voltage is routed back to the pinCargerVoltage. This could explain the behaviour of the Sunray FW not able to detect the
charger removal. In the case of the charger removed the Sunray FW is indicating 300mA charging current. Don't understand this. The battery should supply
directly via D9 the consumers. On Azurit FW I have the ADC calibrated. On Sunray FW there is no such functionality, so it could be just and current measurement
accuracy problem.

If somebody would give me some light on the charger removal detection? Is it just based on the charger current? In this case it is not possible to distinguish between
a battery full and battery charger removed condition.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'm rookie on Ardumower. Want to use is in a RTK configuration. The base is already running, keen to get the rover mowing :)
Rudi

1592166174921.png

Just want to let u know that I found the problem. The SMD resistor R3 10K on my INA169 module is missing. Don't know the reason why, maybe I was to rude. Replacing the module brings now the current down when removing the charger by that detecting the removal and opening the relay.

Oben