Overall Set up order

Dear All

Software is ardumower master off gut hub
Arduino mega board
PCB 1.3

I have a mini working to some degree. It has bluetooth and an IMU, perimeter system, odometer, and sonar. Forgetting sonar for now in which order would you set up these elements so as to build on a solid behavior in command mode.

Currently the mini in auto approaches the perimeter, stops, reverses, turns and travels in a different direction. This is not so crisp however it is working reasonably.

Neither the odometer nor IMU seem to hold the course when on a slight hill.

The IMU by itself works well . When I press North the mini turns north etc

The biggest problem I have is perimeter tracking. I parameter values seem good minus inside the loop 2200 on the wire and positive and decreasing away from the wire. The signal looks good on Arduremote. so I think this is working fine.

Some times the mini starts to track the wire and after a few seconds goes crazy. Turning circles moving outside the wire. Then maybe it just turns on the spot. Then after 10 seconds slows down and aims for the wire. When it reached the wire it turns away rather than connecting and following the wire. All sorts of behaviors that I can not relate to the parameters in Arduremote.

On my receiver I have shorted C3. The voltage output seems to always be around 2.45 Volts on my voltmeter . This does not vary with any position of the potentiometer. This seems odd!

So the ardumin can sense and detect inside and outside but can not easily follow the wire

I reduces the PWM whilst on the wire to 160

I think this can work I just need some help

regards
Max

Hi Max
Can you try the tracking with IMU OFF at low speed and adjust the perimeter PID in arduremote.
Why did you use a Mega (IMU Odometry and tracking at the same time???) it's better to use a DUE if you have a PCB1.3.
Confirm Azurit1.08 ?
BY.

Hi Bernard, Good to read your response. You are very quick as well. Very nice

I have tried tracking with the IMU and Odometer off. Have tried many PID combinations. I understand PID in general however these seem to confuse me
not sure what does what. For example what parameter is making the mini spin around.

Why do I use all together ...good question.

I use a mega as I do not know what it will take to switch to due. I have one so maybe it is time to make the change. Can you point me in the correct direction
on the conversion. Do I just plug in the Due and selected it in the software. What about jumpers? what about power?

If I am going to use my mower (wither with due or mega) then I need tracking to get the the charging station Yes? I think this is the only purpose of tracking!

I will want to mow on a slight hill so IMU is sensible and it seems to be working especially in test compass.

I also think in principle odometer is a good idea if it does not screw things up. I think the odometer works as the mower seems to hunt when going straight. Also the odometer test works ok.

Yes I am using Azurit1.08

regards

Max

it seems that slowing the mini down to ppm 120 works re tracking
Its strange as this parameter is not available in arduremote it can only be changed in the sketch

Max

Hi Max
For example what parameter is making the mini spin around
Don't know for the Mini but the main different between all the Platform are only on The PID reaction (depend on your motor) or Odometry acuracy .
When setting the PID try first to setup the P and after the I, the D is ofen 0 in my case.
When tracking : left or right Wheel stop ONLY when you have big angle (>60Deg) on wire it's adjust by the PerimeterTimeoutTransition in perimeter setting,the rest of the time the PID need to only break or accel the left or right Wheel and if all is OK the mower is alway perfectly on the wire

I use a mega as I do not know what it will take to switch to due. I have one so maybe it is time to make the change. Can you point me in the correct direction
on the conversion. Do I just plug in the Due and selected it in the software. What about jumpers? what about power?

First setup your arduino IDE to use the DUE (need to download addon to have the Board you can find it at the end of the list)
After connect only your DUE to your PC and download the firmware using Programming Port.
The SERIAL module ( BT module,GPS and Wlan) need to use 3.3V so change for example for BT HC05 JP4 and JP10 to 3.3V (and if you have already setting the HC05 module with mega no other change)
See http://www.ardumower.de/index.php/d...ard-neuer-bereich-wir-bauen-um?start=80#13370
After Simply plug the Due on the PCB 1.3 and that all the PCB detect with IOREF if you use a 5V or 3.3V and the I2C bus (RTC IMU etc...don't need change)

If I am going to use my mower (wither with due or mega) then I need tracking to get the the charging station Yes? I think this is the only purpose of tracking!

Totaly AGREE.

I will want to mow on a slight hill so IMU is sensible and it seems to be working especially in test compass.
Don't know exactly for the 1.08 but if you have a correct odometry i post a version of Azurit who use full odo and GY801 to manage slope.
If you want to make test with this version use a factory setting after downloading the firmware and adapt the motor and odo setting for your Platform.
In arduremote the new menu show test for Odometry and IMU.
The lane mowing is actualy in dev so not sure you can use it.

Hope it can help.
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/azuritbb_2017-09-10.zip/

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Dear Bernard

As usual a helpful and detailed answer. Many thanks

I will make the transition to the Due today. I am happy to use software versions that have more functionality, however if they are full of bugs then at this stage I am less interested. The main purpose is to get the mini fully functional show all its capacities.

In principle, I do not like the idea of RANDOM mowing as I think it inefficient. i.e. too much repetition and wasted energy. I am moving ahead with Ardumower on the mini as I want to lean how to make it work properly. I have spend most of my time with the mini, PCB 1.3 and software 1.08. I have a full size Ardumower chassis plus engines and I will transition to that in a couple of weeks

My Question
what is the best software version to achieve lane by lane mowing.

Enjoy the weekend

thanks again

Max

ps In my search for lane by lane mowing on another chassis I am playing with Ublox RTK, pixhawk 2 and it is good in places. It is complex to set up and prone to loosing its FIX, however for large open air areas it seems ok. As we have a ranch in texas this seems a good place to try this. . I am just trying some improved antennas as they are supposed to reduce the FIX time.

I am also reading up on machine learning as a camera for guidance also seems a good idea.I think the camera can easily show up cut vs uncut lanes. Do you know if anyone else is doing this

Hi Max.
In principle, I do not like the idea of RANDOM mowing
Me too but actualy it's perfect working solution with Azurit

to achieve lane by lane mowing.
Actualy the Azurit 1.07 or 1.08 use timer for all transition movement and it's not possible to have acuracy by this way .
Sunray is in Dev for the moment.
It's why i have first made a lot of change into the firmware to use Odometry for rotation 20Deg,135Deg etc and forward 10Cm etc...
After all is working like i wanted in random mode i setup the IMU to mow in perfect line and no problem also.
But for the By lane mowing it's more complex because the IMU is not enough accurate to find Opposite angle (for example North and Sud are not directly opposite even with a perfect calibration.
I can made it work with GY801 but only for small distance (less than 10ml) I put a video.
So actualy i work on it and made test with separate MPU6050 and Compas HM5883 into GPS M8N, because the towel is for me good for compass but bad for Gyro and Accelerometer.

Ublox RTK, pixhawk 2 and it is good in places.
I agree than Certainly RTK a very good future solution but i never view a correct working video for a long time and you need to use another board like RPI for the mapping (Again enormous work).

For Camera not sure it's possible outdoor for a long time (dirty, rain, sun,UV,etc....).

Good week end.

Dear Bernard

your dogs and mower look very nice

I would like my mini or ardumower with a due to reproduce what you are doing in the video.

Which code are you using and can you make this code available to me as coding is not my main strength

if this code is private then ok can you suggest other code that will get me closer to lane mowing as shown in your video

regards and many thanks

Max

Hi.
I already have the Compass and Gyro separate.
It's MPU6050 from maratronics shop and this GPS from eBay:
The Compass is include into the GPS.
Ublox NEO-M8N GPS Module w/Compass für APM Pixhawk PX4 Flight Controller RC234
The total cost is near 40 Eur.
But i need to work on the Software to make all working together in AZURIT and not sure it's possible.

The code for the Video use GY801 and i have already send it to you. http://www.ardumower.de/index.php/en/forum/software-control/1447-overall-set-up-order#13751 Remenber that you need to adjust the parameter for your motor (Normaly the factory setting are near the motor from maratronics shop).

By.

Yes Strange because i can see it in the bottom of the post.
I put it again.
azuritbb_2017-09-10-2.zip

Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/azuritbb_2017-09-10-2.zip/

Dear Bernard

I am about to plug in the DUE

In your instructions you said the JP4 and JP 10 need to be set to 3.3 volts

However in the picture JP10 was set to 3.3v and JP4 was set to 5 volts.

I have my mega currently set up as follows
JP4 set to 5 volts
JP10 set to 3.3 volts
I also have JP8 set to ON not Autom
JP1 is connected
JC2 is set to 3.3 for the IMU
As I do not want a bang and blue smoke can you please confirm the correct jumper settings for the DUE

any thing else??
Most appreciated

Max

Hi Max.
Sorry for the mistake JP4 is 5V.
Here all the picture.
Before connecting JP1 normaly you need to verify the voltage on the output of the DC/DC converter
But if it's work with the MEGA all is OK.
That's all to work with the Due .
20170915_185835.jpg

Last difference with the Mega is that the setting are saved into the RTC so you need to make a factory setting and shutdown the mower, and only after the power up you can save the setting.

Hope all is OK.
Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/3545/20170915_185835.jpg/

Hello Bernard,

i'm also at the first setup with the Azurit1.07, PCB 1.3 and DUE.
I need your help for the first setup of the HC05 BT-Modul.
How / where you conect the Modul ?
Can you please make a picture of the BT-Modul and a picture ofrom the conection port include a conected modul.

with best regards Christian

Oben