Outer ring on wheel mounting hubs are loose

Hi All
Just started on the chassis. All going well except I hit a problem. I fitted then tightened both wheel hubs. Although there are on tight the outer ring can come off and move around. I was expecting that the outer ring would become fixed with the screws tightening process.
Any suggestions

regards
Max

Throw it away. You don't need it. Normally your so called hub (in German Spannelement) is used to connet a shaft with a hub. But we only have the shaft not the hub of a gearwheel for example. The ring would in my opinion only close the gap of the front of the Spannelement to the gearwheel. Looks nicer but I am not sure if it has really a function.
Normally for correct operation one shoud put a pipe over the Spannelement outside to simulate a hub (the smaller part not where the ring is). Annyway, it works also without this.

Thanks Roland
I think you are correct. Unfortunately its on now so I will have to tape it in position. If I ever take it off I will then discard it.

Does anyone know of a post with photos of the inside of the Ardumower to see how others place the electronics, battery etc etc

regards
Max

Oben