NTRIP "Coordinates are too large for firmware.."

jschwalbe

Hello. I am very new to this and trying to figure things out. If there is a relevant topic that has already been solved, I am happy to read those threads.
It it hard to search the forum in English! :censored:

I am trying to set the mower to use NTRIP. The settings are shown below. I have selected Position mode: Absolute. The location of the NTRIP server is listed below in the Lon and Lat section (that is not my house coordinates, but the location of the sending unit). My house is ~20km from the NTRIP server/sender.

1654612855207.png1654612377917.png

Have I made an obvious mistake?
Is the NTRIP server too far away to work (20 km)?

Thank you

SOLVED!

I changed the coordinates on Absolute Mode to my house's GPS and cleared the map. I was able to create a mow path, and it mowed correctly!

Hi @jschwalbe,

I am facing the same issue, but did not succeed by adding the coordinates of my house...
Did you add them with a "." (dot) or a "," (comma)?

Best regards
Martin

Hi!

Thank you for all the replies! Still, no luck...
Is there a way, so that I can sanity check my coordinates and/or the feed from NTRIP?
GPS shows fix and 40/40
I am getting the message already when placing the first coordinate in mapping mode.

Best regards
Martin
P.S.: The xbee module it self seems to work correctly, as I get godd results when using it over USB with my smartphone.

The position set up in menu 'absolute position mode' should be closer to the mowing area. Actually, this has nothing to do with the RTK base or correction data, it's just a GPS position that is as close as possible to the mowing area. The reason is that the GPS coordinates are too big to fit into the memory, and so they are translated into some smaller relative coordinates.

Hi @AlexanderG

That means that either the position from the xbee module (= position of ardumower) or the coordinates from my garden are wrong/to far from each other. Correct?

Best regards
Martin

Oben