Noob ardumower questions

lezabour

Hi all,

I have discovered ardumower few days ago (great job all of you) , and i'm really thinking to build one ;)
But i have some questions, since it can be difficult to enter this projet; I have read the wiki, been reading around the forum (thanks google translate) and thinking about how i'm going to do it!

First i'm going to make a prototype, and then if everything is good, 3D print one of the version i saw on this forum and thingiverse and build a "clean long term" one ;)

Anyway, here are my questions:
- since i'm doing drone, robotics, 3D printing etc. for few year, i have a lot of spare parts, boards & shields (Arduino mega, due, motors shield, lan shield, Raspberry 2,3,4,), motors (DC motor with encoders, brushless motors, esc...), sonar (hc sr04, us100, gy42), lidar (tfmini), motor drivers from 3D printers ... - Can we build without ordering the PCB1.3 or modules ? i know PCB make this easier, but prototype will be "low budget, quick and dirty" :p I would probably have to run into firmware to adjust pin? or is the firmware made for specific components?

- I saw their is 3 version of firmware, last one in development, handling GPS RTK (nice ;), but does it also manage the classic perimeter (as i understood futur develoment will be on this firmware, but too lany tree for me to use GPS RTK) ?

- I understood with forum that we can connect a RPI and have some python script running and interfacing with ardumower; but i couldn't really find instructions about it on wiki, anyone can share info?

- I saw on thingiverse a Height box, to select the cut height of lawn; but i couldn't find any reference in wiki; is it something in the project? (and selectable in GUI / mobile app?)

Thanks all for your help

I am very new to this project as well, so I can only answer according what I already learned. (I have assembled the ardumower from the shop, it is running and I am about to start to use it.)

I think, in general you can of course use all the hardware that you have at hand but as more as you deviate from the original one as more you have to tweak it. If you want to create a prototype, why don't you start with the Ardumower mini? As far as I understand the docs it is possible to run the original software with minor tweaks on it. See here: https://www.marotronics.de/Mini-Ard...no-Roboter-mit-Getriebemotoren-und-Elektronik
and here https://wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Ardumower_Mini

I hope this helps further?

Hi

thanks for your help and return;
Yes i will try with the Mini, since i already have almost everything in the kit, should be easy to replicate and test;

thanks for your help!

You can also check the full schematics of the 1.3 board for Ardumower here. I would highly recommend ordering at least the PCB1.3 as there are zillions of components already on the board. Sensor and other non standard components are easier to add, as long as you are willing to do some coding.

I have been developing "the perimeter version" Azurit firmware last few year, but it seems I'm always in middle of something to try to push it to the original Ardumower Azurit repo. I'm sure there are many others like me.

Also wanna advertise my english videos about building my Ardumower. The PCB1.3 videos are ready and about to continue with building the case videos.

Oben