No voltage or continuity from charging screws?

robind

I am trying to use the perimeter sender box to charge my robot, and to start, I figured I'd connect the wires directly (instead of building a contact-surface plate) to charge it.

Here's a picture of my connection:
IMG_20200611_210443599.jpg

(I cut a spacer from the chassis debris):
IMG_20200611_200528660.jpg

I'm confused because I'm not seeing electrical continuity between the top screw, and the circuit-board screw. It appears that the sliding-down part isn't electrically connected to the aluminum profile.

I thought that I needed a spacer because otherwise the screws will be too long, right? I thought maybe my problem was that I need to tighten the screws more to make the connection...but even tightened, the sliding part doesn't show continuity with the aluminum profile.

Has anyone else experienced problems here? what have you done about it? Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thank you

I grinded the surface of the Aluminum Profile with Sand Paper and put a Nut M8 plus Spring Washers between the PCB and the Aluminum Profile.

@wolodk Thank you very much.

I have sanded down the profiles a lot (enough to make the profile side shiny, and now it's conductive. Combined with an an M8 Nut and spring washer as a spacer between the PCB and the Aluminum Profile, I think that it will work as charger contact.

Thanks again

Oben