No serial output when GrandCentral M4 is on PCB 1.4

mihaha

Hello,

I am trying to run Sunray PCB 1.4 with the GrandCentral M4 board. I got the latest 1.0.298 release code and downgraded 'Adafruit SAMD Boards' version to 1.7.5. Bootloader is v3.14.0
Then I configured and compiled it without errors and uploaded it to the GrandCentral board. When I reset the board and have it running on its own (without connecting it to the main ardumower board), it appears to be running fine and I see logs in the serial console. So far, so good.
When I add the GrandCentral to the Ardumower board and have it USB connected to my laptop, I don't see any messages in the Arduino IDE serial console anymore.
With the battery on, I see all 7 leds on ardumower are on, so I guess power supply is ok.
I have the DC/DC convertor, the relay, RTC, capacitors, diodes and MOSFET, the buzzer, the ESP32(led is also on) and the motor drivers(motors not connected)
Jumpers - JP1, JP8=Dauer ON, JP4=5V, JP10=3.3V
I haven't connected the IMU yet.
The buzzer doesn't make single sound, if this is a clue.

I'm a bit lost here, so if you have ideas what I might be missing or doing wrong or how I can troubleshoot and make it write to the serial console, please let me know

Did you bridged two jumpers on the backside?

Anhänge

• 6E43F253-06E2-47DE-84D0-297D79644B82.png
    6E43F253-06E2-47DE-84D0-297D79644B82.png
    2,2 MB · Aufrufe: 21
Maybe you could see logs if you connect an SD memory and activate the logs in the configuration of the arduino code (config.h):
#define ENABLE_SD 1 // enable SD card services (resuming, logging)? (uncomment to activate)
#define ENABLE_SD_LOG 1 // enable SD card logging? uncomment to activate (not recommended - WARNING: may slow down system!)
#define ENABLE_SD_RESUME 1 // enable SD card map load/resume on reset? (uncomment to activate)
Greetings.

Löte diese zwei Widerstände ein, dann funktioniert die1679479810521.jpegserielle Ausgabe auch wenn der M4 auf dem PCB aufgesteckt ist.

I use 115200 baud rate as described for the M4 - https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-grand-central/advanced-serial-console-on-windows. It works well when the code logs ok on the M4, just not when plugged on the main ardumower board..
Maybe a bit unrelated but I figured I got the buzzer on the wrong location so maybe this is why it makes no sound. I'm going to play with the board a bit more next week and if I can't figure out what's going on, I'll try the SD card logging option and will write later

@Hartmut, can you give me a bit more details about these resistors:
- What Ohms are they?
- Which M4 pins have you connected? (I don't see clearly from the image)

If this is mentioned somewhere in the Sunray wiki, just send me a link or point me to the right reference
(PS - I used to study German at school quite some years ago but never got to speak it fluently, so I'll stick to writing in English here )
Thakns for the suggestions, guys!

I use 115200 baud rate as described for the M4 - https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-grand-central/advanced-serial-console-on-windows. It works well when the code logs ok on the M4, just not when plugged on the main ardumower board..
Maybe a bit unrelated but I figured I got the buzzer on the wrong location so maybe this is why it makes no sound. I'm going to play with the board a bit more next week and if I can't figure out what's going on, I'll try the SD card logging option and will write later

@Hartmut, can you give me a bit more details about these resistors:
- What Ohms are they?
- Which M4 pins have you connected? (I don't see clearly from the image)

If this is mentioned somewhere in the Sunray wiki, just send me a link or point me to the right reference
(PS - I used to study German at school quite some years ago but never got to speak it fluently, so I'll stick to writing in English here )
Thakns for the suggestions, guys!
Into wiki under Grand central M4:
2 pull up resistor 2.2K

Just setting up a mower with PCB 1.4 and the Grand Central M4, observed similar behavior: If I flash the firmware via USB, then I do see logs in the Arduino IDE just fine.

Once I reset the M4 then I don't see the logs in the Arduino IDE anymore.

Stupid question, but did you reopen the console after flashing successfully finished?

From your description, i think the board is not starting after reset. I have a weird behaviour, sometimes i need to push the start switch 2- 3 times, or even cut the power and push the startswitch again before it starts. Also, Start first and wait a few secs before connecting USB. Don´t plug in USB before starting the board.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben