No charging via charging contacts

dennis

Dear all,

I upgraded to PCB 1.3 . It runs quite fine, but I have problems with the charging (again). If I plug-in the charger into the chassis plug (connected to P42), the mower turns into state CHARG and charges the battery. But if the mower hits the stations contacts, I can hear the relay opening, closing, opening, closing, opening... The resistances between my charging contacts (screws) and the charging contacts at the board are 0.02 Ohm.

Had the same issue with the PCB 1.2. Back then I missed two wire bridges ( Old topic of PCB 1.2 ). I fixed that and it worked fine.

But I cannot see any mistakes this time. I took (hopefully) relevant pictures from the board and attach them here.

Fuses:
20180620_161049.jpg

Back:
20180620_160944.jpg

Diode under the relay
20180620_161245.jpg

PCB under INA69
20180620_161201.jpg

PCB under DC DC Converter
20180620_161058.jpg

Or is it a software issue? I have to find my USB cable and can come up with a console output as soon as possible.

Edit:
Here is the console output, while the mower gets power via charging contacts:
CHARG-STAT.txt

The station led turns red.

Hi,

I had a similar issue. The first time I used PCB 1.3 with latest firmware, the Relais also turned on/off every second.
I noticed that this is caused by settings in pfod app.

Please double check the "start charging if below" parameter (don't know the exact name but you will find it in battery menu).

If it is set too high (too close to charger output) the mower wil continuously switch between charging and full charged. Setting it a few 0,x Volts lower solved my issue.

Hi.

Here is a screenshot of my settings:
[attachment=5231]Screenshot_20180621-233424.png[/attachment]

Do you mean "charging starts if Voltage is below"? What value would you recommend?

Thanks Paddy for your hint. Tested some values... it's a bit difficult with the slider within ArduRemote. But with 28,7V it seems to work.

Oben