M4 Grand Central freezes on boot up with PCB 1.3 / M4 Grand Central friert beim Hochfahren mit PCB 1.3 ein

roontoon

I just finished building my PCB 1.3 board and have been trying to get Sunray on the M4 to boot. It will not boot with sunray while installed on the PCB 1.3 board, however, it will boot up when not attached to the board. I have inspected the board for any solder bridges or obvious mistakes on my assembly of the board. Can you give me any advice as to how to diagnose what the issue is that I have with my boards. Thanks so much and let me know if you need any more information.

Dan

Ich habe gerade meine PCB 1.3-Karte fertig gebaut und versucht, Sunray auf dem M4 zum Booten zu bringen. Es wird nicht mit Sunray gestartet, während es auf der Platine 1.3-Karte installiert ist. Es wird jedoch hochgefahren, wenn es nicht an die Platine angeschlossen ist. Ich habe die Platine auf Lötbrücken oder offensichtliche Fehler bei der Montage der Platine untersucht. Können Sie mir einen Rat geben, wie ich das Problem mit meinen Boards diagnostizieren kann? Vielen Dank und lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn Sie weitere Informationen benötigen.

I just tried connecting to the M4 while it is only connected to the PCB 1.3 and getting power from the USB. I also cannot upload firmware to the M4 while it is powered up like this. The problem appears to me to be hardware as somehow the M4 is locking up but only while connected to the PCB. If it is then how would I trace down this issue?

Wenn der M4 am PC ohne PC1.3 geht. dann wird auf der Platine 1.3 ggf. eine oder mehrere Lötbrücken sein. Alle M4 Pins mit Voltmeter_ Pieper auf benachbarten Kontakt prüfen. Es k wurden auch schon Pins vergessen anzulöten. Da hilft nur eine nochmalige gewissenhafte Kontrolle der Lötstellen.
Nachlöten hat auch oft schon geholfen.

When the M4 works on the PC without PC1.3. then, if necessary, one or more solder bridges will be on the board 1.3. Check all M4 pins for neighboring contacts with a voltmeter_ beeper. Some pins have already been forgotten to solder. The only way to do this is to carefully check the soldered joints again.
Soldering has often helped.
Thanks Hartmut I am in the middle of inspecting each joint. I am also remove all modules except for the DC-DC converter to see if one of them are defective. I will post my progress here.

Thanks Hartmut, I'm in the process of inspecting every joint. I also remove all modules except the DC-DC converter to see if any of them are defective. I will post my progress here.

btw, latest firmwares check that PCB1.3 can send something to the GPS receiver. Either perform the GPS wire fix:

... or disable sending GPS config in config.h:
//#define GPS_CONFIG true // configure GPS receiver (recommended - requires GPS wire fix above!)
#define GPS_CONFIG false // do not configure GPS receiver (no GPS wire fix required)

That should do the trick ;-)
If you enable GPS config sending without the GPS wire fix, the firmware will be stuck during the boot process (visible via Arduino IDE serial console):

Either perform the GPS wire fix:
Thanks, Alexander! I have been busy and haven't worked much on a solution to this issue. I have done the GPS fix when assembling the board and checked to make sure that there was no contact between the pins that were twisted and they are not. At this point, I have found an issue with one of the motor drivers. But in terms of the freezing issue if I remove all I2C devices (I think) the board will boot. If I reinstall the real-time clock the board will not boot. I now need to try a different RTC to see if the issue goes away and report back here. Thanks.

Danke, Alexander! Ich war beschäftigt und habe nicht viel an einer Lösung für dieses Problem gearbeitet. Ich habe den GPS-Fix beim Zusammenbau der Platine durchgeführt und überprüft, ob es keinen Kontakt zwischen den verdrehten Pins gab und sie es nicht sind. An dieser Stelle habe ich ein Problem mit einem der Motortreiber gefunden. Aber in Bezug auf das Einfrierproblem, wenn ich alle I2C-Geräte entferne (glaube ich), wird das Board booten. Wenn ich die Echtzeituhr neu installiere, bootet das Board nicht. Ich muss jetzt eine andere RTC ausprobieren, um zu sehen, ob das Problem behoben ist, und hier Bericht erstatten. Vielen Dank.

Oben