Larger wheels or how to cut taller grass?

robind

I'm finding that my ArduMower cuts the grass shorter than I would like.

How can I raise the cutting blade to its maximum position?

I've moved the mower motor as far up as I can...any further, and I will leave the ring-seal area of the bottom plate.

I've seen photos in the forum of wheels with tires. My wheels did not come with tires. Is there a commercial source for tires which fit on the 250mm wheels from the shop?

Are there other solutions to raising the mower blade? Raising the whole chassis?

Thank you

Robind,
May you can find some information in this video.
I have a static cutting height of (around) 10cm. Basicly I had the same problem like you.
The best solution for me was to install self made wheels with 300mm oD and install the blade on the upper side of the disc.
UWE

This is so cool (y) (and a good example that Adumower can be used for 1800 m² and 38 percent slope)... :) I like your modifications (BumperDuino, blades, wheels, ...) :D

1591429178543.png 1591429266089.png 1591429310918.png1591429384372.png

You don't loose your blades sometimes in this grasland? :cool: (If so, you could try one large metal blade disc : https://wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Mowing_blades )

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@flyfast, how did you secure the tire to the wheel? Do you have a rim on there? a tube?

I think that what I'm probably looking to do is to buy new 300mm wheels to raise the chassis up another 2.5 cm. I

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get:
1) the Design files for the current wheels (the wheels that came with my kit are different than the standard?)
2) modify the design to be at least 300 mm (maybe 310mm?)
3) find a north-american shop to cut/ship the wheels to me. (because right now, shipping overseas is expensive+slow).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to answer any of these questions?
- What type of material is the wheel made from? I think it's HD-PE
- is it difficult to modify CAD files? Does anyone have experience designing or cutting new wheels?
- Are there companies which will cut a design for me? (My google searching isn't working very well...what terms should I be using?)

Thank you very much for any thoughts on this topic.

The attachment is the dxf file that I found in the ardumower codebase, as you can see, it doesn't match the actual wheels on my mower.

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 5.28.15 PM.pngIMG_20200606_171056035.jpg

Hello Robert,
I reduced the diameter of the existing plastic wheel to fit it into the rim.
Next, I drilled some holes thru the rim into the plastic wheel disc and fixed it with pop rivets.
Both, the tire, tube and rim is from a kids bike.
But I like to change the design at the end of this year to increase the grip a little bit during the uphill mowing by modifying this end cap (315mm OD) with spikes from a football shoe.
I will see how it works.

1591531905794.png

UWE

Okay. The big Wheel are ready now.
I reduced the weight as far as possible with this big holes.
Additional I used plastic srews as adjustable Spikes.

Looks like I have a Bad Boy in my Garden ;-)

Anhänge

• D40BDDC9-0809-45A1-9C0A-9BDCC198C176.jpeg
    D40BDDC9-0809-45A1-9C0A-9BDCC198C176.jpeg
    2,3 MB · Aufrufe: 90
@flyfast
Wie weit sind die Messer vom Unterboden entfernt? Ich hatte bei mir einen Abstand von ca. 1cm. Die Scheibe war immer umhüllt von Gras. Gerade wenn es Nass war, was die Scheibe bremste. Hast du da Probleme? Ich musste ständig saubermachen.
Ich habe dann ein eigenes Chassis gebaut, wo ich ca. 7,5cm hoch mähe und einen Abstand vom Messer zum Unterboden von 4cm habe. Damit musste ich den Unterboden seit 1.5Jahren nicht mehr reinigen. Das fällt irgendwann so ab.

Servus Roland,
Die Klingen sind 3cm vom Boden entfernt. Von oben auf die Scheibe geschraubt um den 1cm Schnitthöhe noch mitzunehmen.
Schnittbreite sind 32cm und Schnitthöhe in der Ebene sind 10cm.
Mein Dampfer fährt immer, vorzugsweise aber in der Früh wenn das Gras nass ist oder wenn es leicht regnet.
Gereinigt habe ich noch nie etwas. Fällt immer irgendwann von alleine ab.
Mit den neuen Rädern bleibt an diesen auch nichts mehr hängen.

Gruß UWE

Oben