jp3 pin 2nd mow motor

xjust

Is it possible to connect two mow motors on pcb 1.3 ?
i read on the documentation to unset jumper jp3 for 2nd mow motor..

thank you

Hello xjust,

I've tried to connect 2nd mow motor to PCB 1.3 and I've failed. Did you succeed?

I've bought the components (4xBY500 diode, 1xMP3-Y2 10uF capacitor, 1x1.8R 2W METAL resistor) and soldered the board described in https://forum.ardumower.de/threads/...s-on-pcb1-3-for-2-0-chassis.23553/#post-38669. I've tested it few times and it looks like it's soldered/connected as in the schema but I have no power on the new M1OUT1, M1OUT2 on my board. Maybe I'm missing something?

I've used P39/Res24V-1 to provide my board with VCC and GND. Is this correct?

Unfortunately, I've also failed to find JP3 which will probably activate M1OUT1, M1OUT2 on the driver for the second mow motor. Can anybody point me where JP3 is located?

I haven't found any success story on the forum explaining how to connect the second motor safely to the PCB 1.3 board. If you know some basic howto here or on the wiki page I'd be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Szymon

Hi Szymon,

i have successfully connected a second mow motor to M1OUT with your linked circiut. You have to disconnect M1OUT1 and M1OUT2 from the PCB 1.3 and connect your new protection board. I have done this with a screw terminal.

IMG_3545.JPG

P39 will work as power supply.

You will only need JP3 if you want to messure the current of this second mow motor. But then some coding has to be done in Azurit. JP3 is a small soldering bridge located here:
JP3.jpg

But, Power output on M1OUT should work without JP3 and standard Azurit firmware. Maybe the Motor driver is faulty.

Greetings
Jürgen

Thank you, Jürgen for your input!

I've done the same with the terminal on the driver (the terminal is disconnected from PCB 1.3 as on your picture):
motor_driver_small.jpg

My mini protection board looks like this (with schema and descriptions):
protection_board_desc.jpg
MotorIn1 and MotorIn2 on the protection board are connected to Motor1Out1 and Motor1Out2 respectively on the motor driver (to the terminal on the first picture).
I've connected MotorOut1 and MotorOut2 directly to the motor, but the motor won't start. I've measured that the voltage on this output terminal is 0 volts. What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

--
Best regards
Szymon

Is VCC an GND connected correctly? First check if you have an output PWM at MotorIn when you disconnect the board.

Hello xjust,

I've tried to connect 2nd mow motor to PCB 1.3 and I've failed. Did you succeed?

I've bought the components (4xBY500 diode, 1xMP3-Y2 10uF capacitor, 1x1.8R 2W METAL resistor) and soldered the board described in https://forum.ardumower.de/threads/...s-on-pcb1-3-for-2-0-chassis.23553/#post-38669. I've tested it few times and it looks like it's soldered/connected as in the schema but I have no power on the new M1OUT1, M1OUT2 on my board. Maybe I'm missing something?

I've used P39/Res24V-1 to provide my board with VCC and GND. Is this correct?

Unfortunately, I've also failed to find JP3 which will probably activate M1OUT1, M1OUT2 on the driver for the second mow motor. Can anybody point me where JP3 is located?

I haven't found any success story on the forum explaining how to connect the second motor safely to the PCB 1.3 board. If you know some basic howto here or on the wiki page I'd be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Szymon

Well, I didn't connect it , since my mow motors use way more amps under load, than the current pololu driver can actually handle.
I have 2 x robomow steel blades with 26cm diameter each, so the current goes quite high on tall grass. And I would like to be able to use the mower in all conditions.
Im going to replace the mow motor driver with 2 x BTS7960 and INA226 for current sensing on each, based on azuritber firmware/instructions.

What mow motors do you use?

Well, I didn't connect it , since my mow motors use way more amps under load, than the current pololu driver can actually handle.
I have 2 x robomow steel blades with 26cm diameter each, so the current goes quite high on tall grass. And I would like to be able to use the mower in all conditions.
Im going to replace the mow motor driver with 2 x BTS7960 and INA226 for current sensing on each, based on azuritber firmware/instructions.
Nice!
What mow motors do you use?
I'm using the standard motors form the shop: https://www.marotronics.de/DC-Motor-63-25-24-V-8mm-Welle

Oben