IOREF linked to GND

nonyx

Hi there,
this is my second ardumower with PCB 1.3.

Everything went ok with the first one, but the second drives me nuts...

I already checked the full circuit many times, all the welds are ok, but the IOREF pin is grounded...

Any clues?

Thanks!

Maybe some SMD protection diodes are soldered wrong? Did you you check it with or without the DUE Board and all plugged components removed.

Thanks Roland!

DUE and all the components removed.

Here are the Arduino pins (on PCB1.3) which are grounded:

IOREF - AD4 - AD5 - AD6 - AD7 - AD13 - AD15

grounded.jpg

Attachment: https://forum.ardumower.de/data/media/kunena/attachments/4625/grounded.jpg/

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
The strange thing is, that these lines are not connected to each other.

First thing I would check, have the pins a connection to ground? Check AD15 to GND for example and then Reserve.PinAD15 to GND you should measure 300Ohms if there is a shortcut.

Do you mean, that IOREF - AD4 - AD5 - AD6 - AD7 - AD13 - AD15 are connected to GND from the DUE?

Try Resv.PinAD15 for example: Follow the trace on the PCB and make sure you have no bridges. Measure the DIODES direction. Are they correct? Remove the DIODES for this pin to see if they make the problem. It is not bad to remove them, because you will maybe not need them in order the DUE has no ADC at this pin. Only if you connect something external then to this bin be sure not to go over 3.3V.

If AD4 - AD5 - AD6 - AD7 - AD13 - AD15 are connected to GND ynd you have no bridges, the lower DIODES could be wrong. And als minimum one upper Diodes must have the wrong direction.
But I hope you measure correctly.

If you measure betwenn Reserve.PinAD15 and Reserve.PinAD13 do you measure 600Ohm?

Res.AD15 / Res.AD13 600Ohms

Checkout D66,D65, D69,D70. It could be, that the connection comes over GND or IOREF.

Solder out D66. If you measure 600 ohms again, solder out D65. If the problem exists, than the problem is maybe not the diode. Have you Diode Tester in you multimeter?

I completely removed D53 - D54 - D55 - D56 D65 - D66 - D69 - D70, but no changes... IOREF still grounded...

What is with Res.AD15 / Res.AD13 600Ohms?
Focus on this first. Do you measure 600 ohms?
Measure also from the due pins AD15 and AD13 to GND and ioref.

Res.AD13 / Res.AD15 = no continuity

GND / AD13 = no continuity
GND / AD15 = no continuity

IOREF / AD13 = no continuity
IOREF / AD15 =no continuity

IOREF / GND = 0Ohms

I think that’s the Proof, that diodes make the Problem. Maybe they are broken?
What is with the other pins where you soldered the diodes out.
Check every pin until no pin has a connection to GND or IOREF regarding the schematics.
That is the way I would go.

Another solution could be you call Markus and send the PCB back.

I removed all the diodes, including perimeters...

I think the solution is gas...with some sparks... And for the others Ardumower i’m about to build, the old way, no PCB...

Manufacturing issue probably...

I’m disappointed, I mailed Markus because some parts are missing (the clamping elements, around 25€) and I’ve got no answer...And now the PCB (50€)...

I have a dozen of Ardumower to make (quite big garden ;) ) but I don’t think the next ones will be geared with PCB1.3, and more than that. I will probably order the electronics part somewhere else...

But a big thank you to you Roland :) !

Oben