IMU

tapsa

Schematics from wiki says that IMU needs own arduino nano. wiring.txt says that "The IMU Arduino Nano is obsolete now. Run it at 3.3V instead 5V" What even that clause mean? Anyhow I did not find source for imu board. So do I need own arduino for imu or not and if I do not where I find schematics what are compatible with current source?
Also why 3.3v? GY-801 supports also 5v?

Hallo Tapio,

The GY-80 module supports both 3.3V and 5V supply, I guess you can choose any. If you are using the 1.2 PCB, both supply lines reach the module connector.

No need for a separate board and no need for any additional Arduino; the IMU module plugs directly on the PCB (connector P5).

You can find documentation in https://github.com/Ardumower/ardumower/tree/master/pcb/megashield_svn_1.2_geschlossen Schematics at https://github.com/Ardumower/ardumo...1.2_geschlossen/ardumower mega shield svn.pdf
Hope this helps

Manuel

Thank you. I will change my connections. I dont use official pcb because that "English" webshop is more Germany than English so I dont know what I will get if I order these items. That why I already got all other items from ebay but I dont have pcb. I use just dot coppered board. Also there is no dimensions of board at webshop so I dont know do it fit to my frame. I use this same kind old mower frame than in this picture http://wiki.ardumower.de/images/thu....png/120px-Ardumower_motor_driver_circuit.png
If that http://www.ardumower.de/index.php/en/downloads/viewcategory/5-instructions-documentation-schematics is obsolete it can be good idea to remove it. I just build my mower 3 days based to that schema and I think that if I update to official pcb I need change all cables to longer one.

For others' benefit: dimensions for the official board can be found in https://github.com/Ardumower/ardumo...schlossen/Platinenbilder/Platine Bauteile.pdf
I can understand your confusion with the documentation; there are all sorts of obsolete information scattered around but, in my experience, both the downloadable one at github and the wiki at http://wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Hauptseite seem pretty up to date.

As for the shop, I don't think language is really the problem. I don't speak a word of German and still managed to get from the shop almost all parts I needed, but only after I read a lot about the project and was able to tell right from wrong and new from old.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Marotronics in any way; just a satisfied customer here :)

Regards

Manuel

Well I feel that problematic that there is different pcb kits and even with google translator I did not find clear answer that what they contains. After reading tons of pages from forum and github it start coming more clear. Naturally it is problem that also half of github is "crypted". My opinion (it is just my own humble opinion) that if ardumower wants come really flying and live project it need to be come international and dump dual language documentation. Naturally it is choice of current developers that do they even want it. From perspective of many uav projects in 10 years. There was several great project from Germany what was years ahead (like engineering stuff usual is ahead in Germany). When Ardupilot start real international project it runs ahead quite fast and most of old projects are just dead. And do not take me wrong. My opinion of language is not political and English is not my strongest language (and I am not even good with it). It is just that I like use common standards and I feel technical potential in this project. And as engineering guy language is just technical communication protocol for me, not political or even cultural thing.

I am completely with you. The issue is that a few key people don't speak English.

However, what do you mean with:
Tapio Haapala schrieb:
Naturally it is problem that also half of github is "crypted".

Frederic

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Frederic Goddeeris schrieb:
I am completely with you. The issue is that a few key people don't speak English.

However, what do you mean with:
Tapio Haapala schrieb:
Naturally it is problem that also half of github is "crypted".

Frederic

Germany at code comments, schematic and readme files. It makes quite hard to read them when you must copy paste text to google translator all time. Specially in comments at pictures. Naturally it is kind of lack of my skills also to unable to read German, but another hand I think one "bridge language" is enough.

Anyway I think next step to me is get my mower working. Without working mower and contribution to project I think I am just whining newbie without valuable input to project :)

Now my mower is almost rebuild with new schematics. Any idea why right side motor does not get 100% pwm aka continous up pulse when it try 100% backwards test? Left side motor works fine. I also measure with oscilloscope that pwm pin (3) and looks that when I get "testing right motor (reverse) full speed..." to console it just puts pin 3 to 0v instead of +5v.

ps. Manuel looks that the GY-80 have both 5v and 3.3v input pins and it needs both. Whitout 3.3v all values are static.

hi

I´m building a mower right now, so i cant tell for sure.

Did you study mower.cpp, you can make a few changes there(do you build with other motors?)

motorRightSwapDir = 0; // inverse right motor direction?
motorLeftSwapDir = 0;

I assume you use the mc motordriver. if else i would change that also.

I hope my spare parts arrive fast, so i can get to testing.( fried the mega while trying to flash esp8266)

P.s: I´m german native, but i think its as difficult for me, as its for you to keep apart old from new.

I should have read more before beginning.

Yes I notice these. Because I use IBT-2 as driver I had to do inverting circuit from transistor so that I get direction and inverted direction signal. Good thing at that is that just swapping two cables I can change direction of motor. Anyhow looks that this is maybe software problem because left motor gets nice and steady +5v from pin 5 when it runs at full speed. But right motor gets 0v from pin 3. I think pin is not burned because when it run it as 50% pwm it works fine.
How you manage to get mega fried at flashing esp? Another question is that what you flash in them? There is 2 esp in schematics but I did not find yet what kind firmware I should put in them.

Nice job and also really good documentation. I also hope that your code will be merged to next release.

Peter Sorgatz schrieb:
... and perhaps also for Perimetersender ...
What would be the use case? To control the perimeter somehow with pfod? To have the mower talk to the perimeter?

Frederic

Tapio Haapala schrieb:
hmm have you never seen any esp8266 serial bridge what can also emulate arduino reset? It would be give possibility to remote upload arduino firmware.
I suppose this would be doable. On top of port 8080 it is now waiting on, it could also wait on another port in which case it talks to the bootloader. Just wondering if the USB chip stays in control of the AVR RX0 when on usb cable is connected, or does it allow the line to float so that others (ESP in thsi case) can control it...

Frederic

Tapio Haapala schrieb:
At https://github.com/FredericG-BE/ard...n_1.3_geoeffnet/ardumower mega shield svn.pdf there is R14 at ESP8266 TX pin. What youthink is it bug at schematic? At quickly thinking it does not make lot sense to me to pull up 3.3v tx with 5v supply. It probably will burn esp8266?
I destroyed an ESP8266. It happened when I removed the 3.3V in an attempt to only reset the ESP8266, I have also been thinking that this pullup might be to blame. If I where you I would try without it, it probably works and is safer.

Frederic

Frederic Goddeeris schrieb:
Peter Sorgatz schrieb:
... and perhaps also for Perimetersender ...
What would be the use case? To control the perimeter somehow with pfod? To have the mower talk to the perimeter?

Frederic

Hi Frederic,

in http://www.ardumower.de/index.php/d...2-0-pcb-1-0-erfahrungsaustausch?start=20#7486 I wrote (roughly translated from german):

"At sender pcb V, D0 und D1 would be needed for wireless communication: that would be nice to save a lot of time while testing around with perimeter parameters and perimeter detection by the mower. Via pfodApp perimetervoltage could be set by exchange the potentiometer of DC-DC-converter by a digital one. Duty-cycle could be set the same way and monitoring of the rest of the parameters (perimeter states included) also would be able."

The "cherry on the cake" would be wireless firmware update and wifi communication to a laptop app within the home-wlan to monitor a parameters of mower and perimeter. Communication mower to base (perimeter sender) possibly could be used for additional navigation features (think about own ardumower differential gps) ...
OK - it is not xmas day and some of these points are nice to have but you also are able to work and get things running without them. But it is not forbidden to have some dreams :)

Have a nice day. Greetings from Lemförde, Germany ... Peter

Oben