How long does it take, and will it work in this garden?

mart

Hey there,

My trusty old commercial Worx robot mower decided to finally die so now I have the excuse I've been waiting for to get something better and get rid of the wire.

Before I buy one, I was hoping you could help with a few questions, I can't seem to find the answers to...

1) My goal is to have a GPS-enabled, autonomous mower that can mostly do it's job without any intervention from my part. Including the soldering, assembly and everything, roughly how many hours should I expect to put into the project before getting there? I can solder, and I have messed with Arduino, Raspberry and ESP's before. My programming skills are limited though.
2) My garden looks like this - there's grass under the big trees in the right side as well It's a fairly dense tree reaching about 4 meters in height as well as diameter. The marked trees outside my garden are about 7 meters tall to the highest branches. The house itself is 5, to the highest point. The hedges are about 2 meters tall. The total grass area is 500 m2. Do you think it will work here? In almost all my garden 5-8 cm accuracy should be fine.
1690658833278.png
3) With a limited effort, I could get wifi coverage all over the lawn to get a correction signal via Wifi in stead of making my own RTK setup. I understand I need an NTRIP provider. I can find just one in Denmark and it looks really expensive (which seems wierd - Denmark is a farming country), but I understand that there are several in Germany and that some of them are even free to use. Should I be able to use the German ones? Does it usually go under a different name than "ntrip provider"?

In Deutschland ist Ntrip SAPOS und in vielen Bundesländern kostenlos. Alle Stationen sind zusammengeschaltet. Nimm das nächstgelegene kostenlose Bundesland und melde dich per Mail für Herps an. Versuch macht klug.
ICH habe hohe Kiefern und es funktioniert auch darunter. Der Ardumower fährt auch 300s ohne GPS fix.
Ich habe für so ein Umbau ca. 2Monate -Corona- gebraucht, bis ich alles verstanden und alles perfekt funktionierte. Also ein gutes Winterprojekt.1696059137782.png

Oben