Home / Charging issue

patek

Hello everyone,
I have a charging station detection problem and I need to fix it to put my mower in service.

Here is my config:
mower from Tianchen with lead acid batteries and an external charger.

My Hardware config:

I have the v1.2 PCB

D7 SHORT CIRCUIT
D3 SHORT CIRCUIT
C1, C4, U4, RV1 REMOVED
JP6: OPEN
JP7: CLOSE
D4: SHORT CIRCUIT
C5: used
JP4: OPEN
JP5: CLOSE
JP17: OPEN
INA169 5A OPERATION PADS SHORT CIRCUIT

Software: 1.0a5-Azurit

My problem: In Home Mode, the mower does not stop in the charging station (does not switch to charging mode).
When the charging terminals are energized, the current an voltage values indicated by pfod app are not good.

I'll try to make measurements, but I do not know where to start. Thank you for making me your suggestions.

Hi,
I made little progress in my analysis of the problem. The resistors R9 and R10 did not have good values. I replaced them with appropriate resistors and I now have the correct values of the charging voltage in the PFOD app.
I still have a charging current reading problem.
I found out that my INA169 (U3) was anormaly hot. I replaced by another INA 169 which does not seem to heat. I then made again a charging current measurement test. The current measurement seems to work since I measure from the VOUT pin of the INA169 a 0.6V signal (batteries almost fully charged, so low charging current).
I measured a slightly lower value (0.58V) from AD8 pin on Mega board.. Great ! BUT ... The PFOD app charging current reading stays stuck at 0.00A !!! No idea how to fix this :blink:

Second problem: If I apply charging voltage --> relay activated. Now if I remove the charging, the relay stays activated. I think it can be due to D1 which should prevent relay powering from the battery. I'll try to go further in the diagnostic tomorrow.

Any idea welcome to help me debug these issues..

Hi Hugues_R,

Have You managed to get Your Tianchen running?
I have also rebuilt an Tianchen and trying to get everything to work, which configuration settings have you used for your robot?

Oben