Help translating PCB version 1.2 instructions.

I have been looking at pictures of the new board and I believe this issue about the charge connector pins pitch:

"Ich bin hergekommen und habe bei den Anschluss der Ladespannung und des Akkus ein weiteres
Loch gebohrt. Die Platine gegen das Licht halten dann sieht man wo keine Leiterbahnen sind. Dann
bin ich hergekommen und habe sie auf der Rückseite mit den Pin verbunden"

is already fixed, is'n it? Nevertheless it is still in the 1.2 instructions.

In the PCB manual it is written about resistors R6, R8, R14 and R15 (the ones under the RTC module):

"evl liegend verlöten auf Rückseite (muss getestet werden)"

I don't know how to interpret it, must they be soldered on the back?

Thanks in advance.

Gruss

Manuel

Hej Manuel,

the text says: the resistors must eventually be soldered on the backside in laying position (has to be tested)

Regards
Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang.

I understand that soldering the resistors on the back frees room for the RTC module (and the Arduino) on the other side, but it is not clear to me what needs to be tested. Do you, by any chance, know what testing the manual writes about?

Regards

Manuel

Hej Manuel,

my understanding of the Manual is, that the optimal position for the resistors has to be tested. As the resistors have to be mounted, i believe you can choose a position that suits you best.

Regards
Wolfgang

Ok, in my case I am considering not to include the RTC module, so it certainly pays to check how the surounding components end up on the board.

Regards

Manuel

Oben