GY-88 imu comm err

da_peda

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin heute nach langer Zeit wieder mal dazugekommen, mich diesem Projekt zu widmen.

Aktuelles Setup:
PCB 1.2, Adruino Due, GY-88
Läuft so weit am Basteltisch, nur der GY-88 will nicht ans drehen kommen. Hier habe ich schon im Forum gesucht und die 3,3V Versorgung abgeklemmt. Die Usersettings werden gespeichert und bleiben nach abschalten am DUE.
Nun habe ich einen i2S Scanner drauf losgelassen und der findet folgende Adressen:
0x1E
0x68
0x77
Ist dies korrekt?
Muss bei Verwendung vom DUE noch an anderer Stelle etwas angepasst werden?

Vielen Dank schon vorab!

LG
Peter

Hi Peter.
I read your post with google translate.
And i have a lot of remark concerning DUE PCB1.2
I think you follow the alexander post to change the 5V to 3.3V
If yes be carreful that the buzzer need to have a transistor to work and same thing for the led connected on output of due.
Concerning the I2c the RTC need to use a signal converter like U10 but you can't connect it on board if you have change the 3.3V to 5V.
The I2C you have are ok for the GY88 but if you have only this it' s mean that the Rtc is not plug so you can't save your setting when uploading sketch.

And last remark the GY88 is not compatible with Azurit maybe Sunray or your own code.

I USE Actualy the Pcb 1.2 and due with Rtc and it's work perfectly but each time i add a second I2C device (gy801) on the Bus there are sporadic error.
The problem is the pull up resistor for all the I2C bus and it's solved on the PCB1.3

By

Hello!

Thank you for your answer.

I have converted to DUE as on http://www.ardumower.de/index.php/en/forum/software/1022-azurit-und-arduino-due#9937 described. The RTC module I have dismounted, since I have read in another thread, that there are problems here. My Gy88 has these addresses 0x1E, 0x68, 0x77 in the code are these addresses: #define ADXL345B (0x53) #define L3G4200D (0xD2 >> 1) So I thought that only the addresses are to be changed here and everything is ok.

Why did I install the DUE?
Because of my opinion the MEGA has too poor performance is then there is still the interrupt topic ... and so on...

You write that the GY88 is not compatible with Azurit, the GY80 has too high drift (3 - 5 degrees in 60 seconds, http://www.ardumower.de/index.php/en/forum/anleitungen-hilfe/1302#12631) is compatible.

This means to me that the IMU in Azurit does not work and the Mower can not drive straight forward.

Is there a list, which hardware runs with Azurit and the DUE without problems? I need a plug and play solution.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Peter

Hi.
If you really want a plug and play solution you need the pcb1.3 and last azurit version
But the GY 88 is not working on it, only GY801.
For straight line the odometry and Gy801 work well.
By.

Hi,

which means that the PCB 1.2 with perimeter sensor and IMU does not work?
I have no other sensors. No ultrasonic, Bumper, Odometry.... No need of timer, GPS or other things.
Just a perimeter around the area and IMU for a straight forward. Nothing else.

Or is that a restriction of DUE? Can this simple two things the MEGA better?

Peter

Hi

Code:
which means that the PCB 1.2 with perimeter sensor and IMU does not work?

No it's work perfectly ,perimeter is not on the I2C bus and work better with the DUE.

The Only problem is the DUE , PCB1.2 and multiple I2C device on different voltage like IMU and RTC.

But maybe someone know how to connect multiple ic2 device without external I2C multiplexeur like TCA9548A ?

By.

Normaly YES.
GY801 powered to 3.3V(be carreful to inversion on the board 3.3V became 5V).
And set timer to OFF , don't use AZURIT 1.08 Dev ,Only 1.07
Have you connected the Odometry ?

ok, so in this case i´ll give them a last try and shop a GY801.
Azurit 1.07 is uploaded, timer must be checked.
My gearmotors don´t have connectors for Odometry. And that´s the point, i have to use IMU.

Thank you!
Peter

Oben