first ardumower test on robomow rs platform

work in progress :)

one mow
Anhang anzeigen 893
motor eats about ~1.2 amps on load with grass.. might need to replace the driver for 2 motors since its on the limit with both motors running
Normally no problems with mc33926 and correct setting in the max power for the drive motor.
At 3 amps (max value of the driver) normally the wheel slip on grass so it is not useful to have more power on drive
For now motor 2 ibt-2 driver and 2 ina226 current sensors work very well .
See rl1000 rebuild post

thank you bernard
I am waiting for the two ibt-2 drivers to come and make the conversion as well. where did you connect the second ina226 sensor ?

this mower has two mowing motors with 26cm diameter steel cutting disks.. they are the ones that eat 1.2 amps each.. drive wheels are more than ok with mc33926 (about 500mA each)
I added optical wheel to the wheel motors .. im getting only about 710 pulses after the (/2) divider per wheel turn. quite low

im getting only about 710 pulses after the (/2) divider per wheel turn. quite low
No it's OK for Raindancer and azuritl firmware

Sorry i misunderstood your first post (you talk about 1.2 amp for mow motor ?) and i tought drive motor.
It's strange and very low (On RL1000) each mow motor can drain up to 5 Amp.
I actually set the max power to 80W for each motor so near 4Amp on my working mower (and the spirale start sometime when the mower cut near 2 or 3 cm)

You need to use one ina226 (with R010 shunt resistor) and one IBT for each mow motor.
The 2 ina226 i2c SDA and SCL are connected in paralel
see

I don't know at all RS mow motor but please use only MC33926 driver on low grass cutting (so mow everyday) and perfect setting in mow power max to avoid distroying the driver.

yes the gras was quite low when i made the test.. I will update to ibt2 drivers are needed for everyday use
mow motors were initially brushless on this RS broken mower. they are now switched to brushed from two other RC mowers :) , which are now converted to brushless (new cables self made)

Oben