English

izidor78

Hello,

I'm very interrested by this wonderfull project but I don'k speak german :(
I have seen the english section but seem read only.

Sorry if I have posed in bad section in the forum.

Hi izidor78,
I'm also new to this project and I'm trying to get an Arduino Mini running, though I can write a manual how to do that. I'm not quite sure what you mean - are you not able to answer/ask to entries on the board? Have you registered yourself? Or - maybe this is your problem - the entries of the old board are not (yet) put on the new board. The entries of the old board you can't answer to.
Regards
Wolfgang

Hi Amarok12,
Thanks for your awnser.
In fact, I do not speak german and all the forum is in german.
It's not possible to add a new post in english section.
I'm alreay registered in the forum.
Regards.

Hi izidor78
there is already a discussion going on if english would be the proper language for this board. Unfortunatelly, most of the board members have difficulties with the english language. Nobody really knows how to get the two languages together.
Since you are registered, I assume that you checked entries from the old board. That happened to me as well until I noticed that I can answer to new entries. Maybe you can put a link to one of these pages you are interested in so I can check this.
Regards
Wolfgang

I think it was a good idea to have a dedicated section in english because english is universal.
This not the case for german unfortunately.

For example, if I go on this subject I can't post a reply
Regards

Hi izidor78,
just wanted to ask if you already got any help with your matter. Would be nice if things get straight in the forum, how to handle the different languages. Also I would learn to speak a better English if there are more english entries.
Regards
Wolfgang

This all should absolutely be in english! It is Very frustrating to constantly try and find answers using the google translator! The english does not have to be perfect, don't worry about making mistakes and use german word for something if you simply don't know it in english and google translator can't help! Even very poor english is much much better than german. Imagine it this way, if it was all in Japan how likely would it be to attaract others around world (germany including)? The same goes for this board, your playground should be the whole world, not just germany. I'm very sure that switching to english would attaract a lot more business for Marotronics too.

There are a lot of enthusiasts around the world willing to help. That being said, I have shot 77gigabytes of material of me making my robot. Soldering of each and everypart, preparing the chasis, putting electronics and chasis together etc. I have no idea when I get it all edited, lots of video and I'm not familiar with editing.. But it will be all in english and will help others to put together the whole thing from start to finetuning the parameters.

Edit: So it's not oneway street. English will allow also a lot of people to help Germans. The more people we have who can provide help, comments, code etc the better for all!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi markor,
don't be angry. I'm new to the Ardumower project and I believe that although the project is so old, nobody was really thinking about the success of this project. Let us rather find a solution how to make all the information accessible to everybody - maybe even in languages beyond german and english. Networking is the solution, everybody on this forum is a small wheel of the whole, everybody should think about how a multi-language forum could be established.
By the way, although my english is not as good as a few years ago, I would really like to serve a solution on this matter. If you have any ideas let me know. I would also like some help with my translation of my Ardumower Mini Guide - and I'm not only looking for a help to translate it into english - swedish may be the one after english - and after that a lot more languages. So if you are interested - let me know.
Regards
Wolfgang

Sorry, if I came out angry. That was not my intention. I just wanted to make a strong point in favour of English, if anyone is deciding anything. ;) Just giving voice to all handicapped in german. I'm finnish so I technically know swedish, but still I would rather not setup anything in swedish OR finnish. Not worth all the trouble for so few people in my opinion and pretty much most finns and swedes know english anyways. If we use 20-40 different languages, it will all supress to little silos and nobody knows what happens in other languages. Someone invents a great solution to something, puts it in swedish and 39 other languages have no idea.. The english / german mixed board is already a handful.. So I am a big supporter of one language only, but I do realize that my opinion is just one among many others. ;)

Anyways, I'm currently pretty handicapped as of what I can do and with what schedule, but I'm hoping to help by editing the english version of whole robot build up video.

Hallo markor,
I`m totaly agree with you point of view.........but...... it is much more comfortable and less time consuming to write an answer or place a question in his mother language. And as Wolfgang wrote in his statement, no one reallized the success of this German project some years ago.
Next is, that the english language is was not very popular for ........I will say„older Germans“ because 30 years ago it was more important to speak Italien ;-)
In that times we had no Internet, closed borders and all Movies from a foreign country has been translated. EASY LIFE.

However, it`s a fact that most of my questions regarding some difficultys with my mower has been answered in english from People somewhere around Germany.

So, I understand and share your idea.

Just my two Cent.

UWE

Hi izidor78, I agree with you that the english instructions need to be greatly improved, and I hope to help with this effort.

I've been building my first ArduMower this past week, and I've been writing up my thoughts as I do. I plan on sharing it with the community (and possibly contributing it to the main wiki?) once I have a fully working mower. (I hesitate to publish too early, because I would rather damage my own mower through misunderstanding than cause damage to others' by publishing bad instructions)

I expect to have something ready for review by the community by next weekend.

@robind I can't wait to see the english instructions as I am very interested in this project :) Btw, can you post some videos of your build and are you planning on using the RTK GPS feature ?

@robind we can also learn from errors. I'm actually making a collection about all information about the Ardumower Mini in this forum and writing it down to make it easier to build it up for others. But the main thing in my opinion is to show up what can go wrong and what you learned about it. Sure, you shouldn't write a Wiki article before you know all, but maybe you can make a description of how you get along in the forum.
I'm looking forward to read about your mower.
Regards Wolfgang

Oben