Configuration Problems Ublox

MowerMows

Hello,

I have following output on Arduino serial monitor. There are problems with configuration.
Can someone help me in this issue?

Thank you.

Anhänge

• error_configuration_ublox.PNG
    error_configuration_ublox.PNG
    16,7 KB · Aufrufe: 26
What can you see on the LEDs?

RTK GPS test (invalid, float, fix) and FIX robustness and correctness​

The base and rover LEDs can be used for trouble-shooting. Verify that the LEDs are acting as described below.

Pcb1 3 rtk rover led.png

The base and rover LEDs should be as follows:

Base LEDs
GPS>XBEEshould blink - your base module is sending satellite reference data to your rover module (via the XBee module)
XBEE>GPSshould be OFF - your base module should not receive any XBee/reference signal
GPS FIXshould blink - your base module has found a valid GPS signal
NO RTKshould be ON - your base module is not performing RTK (real time kinematic)
Rover LEDs
GPS>XBEEshould be OFF - your rover module should not send any XBee signal
XBEE>GPSshould blink - your rover module is receiving satellite reference data from your base module (via the XBee module)
GPS FIXshould blink - your rover module has found a valid GPS signal
NO RTKshould be OFF - your rover module has found a RTK FLOAT or FIX (is performing real-time kinematic)

Thank you. I will check this.

I only checked the Rover LEDs: XBEE>GPS blinks, the other LEDs were off.

Question:
1. Is there any manuals to configure these moduls on my own?
2. How do base and rover know from each other? Is there any preconfiguration? Is there any source code of this preconfiguration?

Look here on first page, you find infomation and configuration files for the base, rover and the xpee cards from BenPan. I think you can use it. But check it with the settings from the wiki sunray which I have post here. (1) XBee Verbindung falsch rum | Ardumower

You can also find cofiguration files on github, see here Sunray/ublox_f9p_configs at master · Ardumower/Sunray (github.com)

You need the Ublox and Xbee tool for configuration. Normally the cards are configurated by Marotronics. I did also not configurated cards and made it myself.

If you would like I can help by Teamviwer remote session. But I am not a profi, I made it only one time for my base and rover.

The base and the rover die have one ID which you can change with the XBee tool. You must change it, if one of your neighbour did have also an Ardumower between 10km arear. Because then your Ardumower did not know which base your base.

Good luck.

Willi

Here the XBee configuration:

XBee module configuration​

The XBee modules (LR/XLR) on ArduSimple PCB's are already configured. If you need to reconfigure for some reason, here's how to do so:

1. Connect ArduSimple PCB USB (XBee side) to your PC
  2. Download XCTU software: https://www.digi.com/xctu
  3. Start XCTU
  4. Windows: If your the COM port for the XBee is not found, start Windows device manager, right-click on XBee USB device, choose 'update driver->find on this computer->choose from list on my computer' and finally choose 'Digit International->Digi USB Serial Port'
  5. In XCTU, choose 'Add radio module' and choose the COM port Xbee add radio.png
  6. Settings found on the XBee SX 868 (Firmware version A007):
Channel Mask: 3EFFFDFF
Network ID: 1985

Broadcast Multi-Transmits: 3
RD Data Rate: 80 kps
TX Power Level: 32 mW
Unicast Retries: A
-
Routing/Messaging Mode: Standard Router[0]
Broadcast Hops: 0
Network Hops: 7
Mesh Unicast Retries: 1
-
Destination Address High: 0
Destination Address Low: FFFF
Transmit Options: 40
Node Identifier:
Network Discovery Back-off: 82
Network Discovery Options: 0
Cluster ID: 11
-
Encryption: Disabled [0]
AES Encryption Key:
-
Baud Rate: 115200
Parity: No Parity [0]
Stop Bits: One stop bit [0]
Packetization Timeout: 3
Flow Control Threshold: 11D
API Enable: Transparent Mode [0]
API Options: API Rx Indicator - 0x90 [0]
-
DIO0: Commissioning Button
DIO1: Disabled
DIO2: Disabled
DIO3: Disabled
DIO4: Disabled
DIO5: Assoc. Indicator
DIO6: Disabled
DIO7: CTS flow control
DIO8: Sleep Request
DIO9: ON/SLEEP Output
DI10: RSSI PWM0 Output
DI11: Disabled
DI12: Disabled
DOUT: UART_DOUT
DIN: UART_DIN
DI15: SPI_MISO
DI16: SPI_MOSI
DI17: SPI_SSEL
DI18: SPI_SCLK
DI19: SPI_ATTN
Pull Direction: FFFFF
Pull-Up: FFFFF
PWM0: 0
PWM1: 0
Associate LED Blink Time: 0
RSSI PWM Timer: 28
-
Sleep Mode: Normal
Sleep Options: 2
Number of Cycles Between Sleep: 1
Sleep Time: 190
Wake Time: 1F40
Wake Host Delay: 0

Thank you so much! I will try it soon and give feedback :)
This means: in normal case: just plug in the rover gps receiver and base gps receiver and it should work. --> There is no configuration to do?

You can decide between two ways, you can use the configuration files or you use the parameters of the Wiki.
This means: in normal case: just plug in the rover gps receiver and base gps receiver and it should work. --> There is no configuration to do?
If the parameters are right then you have to do point 12 of the Sunray Wiki. After them the rover did know how much away is it from the base. And then you can record the first perimeter on your yard.

Good luck!

Now there is still another problem...
I always get the output: "ERROR: GPS receiver is not responding"
--> This means there is no communication to the gps board, am I right?

Questions:
- Is is important to have good GPS communication for that reason?
- If it is a common issue: how can I fix this?

I set the debug output of UBLOX on and get following result:

Sending: CLS:CFG ID:RATE Len: 0x0 Payload:
sendCommand: Waiting for ACK response
waitForACKResponse: TIMEOUT after 1100 msec.
ERROR: GPS receiver is not responding
trying baud 115200

Thank you.

Okay, I think got the failure but I really dont understand:

1. GPS Serial communication is on Pin RX1 & TX1 on ardusimple board
2. GPS Serial communication is on Header P5 on ardumower board
3. GPS Serial communication is on Pin 0 (TX) and Pin 1 (RX) on Grand Central Board M4

--> Pin 0 & Pin 1 = Serial1 on Grand Central Board M4 but in sunray code it is Serial 4 (config.h, line 430)?

Can someone explain this?

You have to look for the GPS RX and TX, Pin 14/15 But I am not sure. The layouter was Uwe. You can find circuit plan on github.
1637174465511.png

1637174623625.png

If I understand, then you did have the problem only on the Ublox Board Rover, is it so? On the Ublox Base board, you did reach the satelit signal in the Ublox center? Or can you see the satelit signal on both cards?

Did you connect the Ublox rover board as following? IOREF is connect on the Ublox to 3,3V?
1637180824542.png

I have not make any change on the Sunray code for other serial configuration. Only my Ublox cards was not configurated, so that the LEDs on it was wrrong. As I had make the right configuration on both Ublox cards by the Ublox center tool, the cards was speaking together.

Oben