Charging in 7S4P Sony Konion batteries

mattiman

Greetings from Finland!

I am soldering components on my 1.2 ver circuit board and I am a little confused about the charging part.
There is a lot of german language text on the schematic and it is too hard for me to translate it.

My lawn is big so I am building bigger mower than many of you. Thats why I want to use bigger battery and charger.

So I have 28 Sony Konion US18650V3 -batteries which I will connect 7S4P. I also ordered 8A 29.4v li-ion charger from china (not yet arrived).

Can you tell what components and jumpers I have to use to make charging work with this battery and charger?

I guess that I cant use LM350T because current is too big. And how about INA169, do I have to solder another resistor in parallel of R1 to double the current it can handle?

I am confused what components I need to use with this battery and what components on the schematic are for lead batteries.

Thanks,

Vesa

Just found out, u decided to build the big brother :)
If i got it correct, you assembled 28 Cells to a 7S4P configuration.
You also need a plug and wiring to each 4 Cells in parallel.
Usually JST plugs are used therefore, u will need 8 Contacts altogether.
To connect the main power you can choose if you want to make the pack pluggable.
I would highly suggest that. On my build i used XT60 Plugs.
If u can use the LM350T and/or the INA 169 depends on the power you will have to handle.
Hard to tell, if those components will work for you.
Can you provide some power consumption measurements from your mower?
I may got your question about the lead batteries wrong. LiIon is a complete other type of batteries.
Can you refine that a little for me?

Greets Stephan

Oben