Buying IMU for AzuritBer

RonPeeters

The documentation remains somewhat unclear to me.

To start using the AzuritBer firmware I would need to buy a IMU module.
What is recommended?
- The pictures of GY-521 ACCEL/GYRO WIRING TO PCB1.3 in the wiki show a MPU6050 module
- Would that be enough or should I need to buy additional hardware

YES GY-521 is enough.
GY-521 is composed by a invensense MPU6050 ,it's the reason why it's write on the module

YES GY-521 is enough.
GY-521 is composed by a invensense MPU6050 ,it's the reason why it's write on the module

I am using GY-521 (MPU 6050) and the compass board GY-273 but I do not know how to set this up in the AzitBer software. I amusing PCB 1.3
I am confident about the hardware connections....

// ------- Choose IMU BOARD (GY801 is recommended) ---------------------------
#define IMU_GY801
//#define IMU_MPU9250

With this setting I get a serial console message clearly related to tthe accelerometer: "Failed to readADXL345B"

How do I define the GFY521 ( and the GY-273 ).

Thanks

It is usually the little details that I overlook..
Like the right firmware, which certainly fixes the problem above! What a obvious mistake.
My thanks.

So now I latest Azitber, PCB 1.3, Due (of course), ESP32 and RFID (ESP32 bluetooth seems to be working), RTC working (checked with a Uno).
GY-521 and matching compass 273 on I2C2 and I2C4 respectively - both set with jumpers to 3.3 volts
I connect (with the board power on), press the P20 button, buzzer, then "d", "e" and "0".
Then intermittent buzzer. The green PCB LEDs are all on, the I2C sensors and the ESP32 have power appropriately.
I attach the console report. Seems to involve EEPROM and I2C bus
All suggestions very gratefully received...

Anhänge

• Setup console.pdf
    63,9 KB · Aufrufe: 6
If you have access to PFOD or arduremote you need to initialise the eeprom once.
Click on error / reset error .
Click on setting / save setting
Restart everthing.

//On the first start if beep on error you need to do:
//command/off
//factory setting and DO NOT save setting.
//reboot
//command/off
// clear error counter
//setting save user setting.
//redo all the setting and the motor calibration.

if you always have error try to leave the RTC on for 2 or 3 hours ( small charge of the CR2032) or test without IMU /jumper or compass/jumper.
Use the I2C scanner locate into test file to see if the bus is OK

Thanks Benhard - excellent advice which I have now followed. The I2C bus now works and the IMU and compass are connected fine. I have the the ESP32 delivering a reliable bluetooth connection to PFOD, and the RFID reader is detecting cards well.
But I am still fighting the RTC data error and the associated "DS1307 I2C read error" in the serial monitor. The only errors in the PFOD error counters are the initial 2 EPROM errors, and the increasing RTC comms or data errors a few seconds after starting which trigger the buzzer. I cannot save clock data (or perhaps I cannot read it when I next look?).
I have tried to initialise the EEPROM as you specified - using PFOD and the serial monitor. Neither works...
Connecting the RTC pins direct to the right DUE pins does not fix it so I do not think it is soldering or a faulty board, and the battery is an LIR2302 well charged with good volts (I was this suggestion from another user who was as frustrated but smarter than me).
Under PFOD control the mower works fine until the buzzer is triggered. On my wife's instruction I fixed the buzzer by removing it, but not the actual error.
So my next step is to order a new DS1307 - they are suspisciously cheap in New Zealand so I actually ordered two! I even wondered about another RTC clock module.
Do you have any other suggestions - apart perhaps from waithg for the GIGA with bluetooth and the built in RTC to be available from stock!
Best wishes from a lovely day in Wellington, New Zealand.

Oben