Brushless Motor Driver V1.1 death after simple testrun at 200 PWM

arka77

My Brushless motor driver V1.1 seems to be death after a simple test run at 200 PWM.

What I checked so far....

1. The console gives me a "error: motor mow fault". When I swap the drive with the Left motor-drive. The fault-message changes to "error: motor left fault" ==> So there is a problem with the mower drive
2. Fuse = OK
4. SPI communication is not possible with the Mower-drive

Any ideas?

Check the DVV8308 chip with a magnifying glass - Is there a small hole or a bump?
If the chip is OK, SPI should work - Check the SPI frequency - Max 1 MHz.
If SPI works, test SPI based control according to the datasheet of the DRV8308.
If SPI works, try PWM with PWM frequency > 20 kHZ.

@UwePfad: Meinst du Schutzdioden zwischen Antrieb und Motor? Nein, habe ich nicht. Ist es nötig? Wo finde ich diese Informationen? (google translate)
I believe the Vreg = always 0V (enabled pin high or low). But I have to check again to be sure.

@NormanB: The chip looks perfecly OK. I lowered de SPI frequency and I'm able to read the Left and Right Drive-chips. But nothing on the Mowerchip

I believe I did 2x20 seconds test runs before I got this problem. This was a testrun with mounted mower-disk...

Anhänge

• 20210909_002137.jpg
    20210909_002137.jpg
    1,8 MB · Aufrufe: 17
Same with me!
Just as I thought that my project would go further, it happened. I started to balance the mowing plate. So I started the motor several times. Then suddenly it wasn't possible anymore. SPI is possible, but all registers are 0. Dead, correct. And yes, I have the TVS diodes.
Check with magifying glass: Driver Chip = OK, Fuse = OK

Q: is it possible to use a standard DC motor for mowing and BL for driving?

Regards,
Juergen

Juergen,

You may use a BLDC8015a
I use it, and it is working perfeclty

Some other are using a JYQD_V7
it seems to work too

According to me using a standard DC motor for the mow moto will not be easy, beacause the adapater board has to be different.

regards.

Oben