Board and Motors

Spinorose

I need some advice on were to buy

board - This is preoperatory so I need to order from the website which is ok but it is out of stock now

Drive motor- I was wondering if I can get something similar on Ali express / Amazon / ebay / robot shop
Main engine - I was wondering if I can get something similar on Ali express / Amazon / ebay / robot shop
Shaft - I was wondering if I can get something similar on Ali express / Amazon / ebay / robot shop

This will only save on shipping cost that is the only reason I am asking for alternative options and any help will be highly appreciated .Thanks

Why do you think the Ardumower-PCB is out of stock? :) https://www.marotronics.de/Ardumower-Mainboard-14-The-configurator-for-your-robot-lawn-mower
Regarding motors, if you want to experiment, go for it, however my experiences show that this is waste of time. I tried different China brushless motors with integrated controller and all had issues (some stop working above 24V, some do not output enough odometry pulses, some have issues with proportional PWM/speed control etc.) and at the end of the day you wasted more money for trying different motors... ;-) You can be sure the brushless motors will be available again once the brushless chips can be delivered again after some weeks ( https://www.marotronics.de/Ardumower-Kits_3 )

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The pictures are from the brushless motordrives and motors. Both are the original motordrivers and motors from Marotronics.

Which Motors and motordrivers did you use?

I might look somewhere else for answers on parts support - I was supper interested in getting this project going but I have hit every road block to make this not an open source (DIY project) . I do understand the hard work from the creators of this awesome project but it pushes DIY fans away for one reason parts .

It will be a good idea to get companies a North America to become distributors of some sort in north American market ( PCBway ,Digi Key ,Sparksfun ,robotshop. ..... etc) or even have a trusted individual to just do it most proprietary and integral part (PCB Board ) . Everything else can kind of source this on amazon / aliexpress - It will help grow this platform .

I am leaning towards using ardupilot rover to get similar results and hopefully incorporate the sonar and bumper sensor - at least it will start somewhere and once it gets a grip they might add it to their forum to help it grow without any limitation.

I like to see this post as an avenue to improve on this rather than to bash anyone's hard work . Thanks

Oben