Big ardumower?

le mintier

hi,

i've got 4500m² of lawn and a lot of questions.

i want to modify an ardumower inspiring me with a Husqvarna 265 acx (6000m²)
Can i increase the cutting diameter (32cm on 265acx)without penalizing the motor or the battery?
On the 265acx there are two batteries l.ion and a charging time of 180 minutes. Is it possible to do the same with ardumower?
why use a disk with blades rather than star-like blade ambrogio?

thank you for your answers

Simon

O yes, i would also like to construct a bigger robotic mower.
Something like BigMow from Belrobotics, that would be able to
handle my back yard that has 4000m[sup]2[/sup].

BigMow has 5 blades, so i'm guessing that quite a bit of changing
to the Ardumower is required, right? It weighs 51kg so a bigger
motors are required also, and perhaps the motor drivers that can deliver more than 3 amps.

dadeky

in fact, I'm study a 265acx Husqvarna that is able to mow 6000m² (with night mowing). So it can mow widely 4000m².
It has a 32cm cutting diameter and 5 mowing blades on a disc.
So the changes should not be too big!

I rather ask myself the questions:
- Does the engine will support the largest cutting diameter?
- load 2 batteries is it too long?
- why some robots have a disk with blades and others a knife?

For now, I have got the Arduino Mega board, materials for structure and i expect some answers to buy engines.

Hi Simon,

well, I'm a beginner in robotic mowing, but in general I guess there are some "rules" to follow.

Yes, for a bigger cutting diameter you need more power. Therefore more Ah should be obvious to get the same or more active time. I do not know if anybody here has experience with this large cutting diameter.

If you need bigger motors to get the mower moving depends on the weight. If you just add a "few" kilos do get the bigger cutting blade, it might be ok with the motors as described.
But in fact, every kilo has to be moved. This will eat up batterie as well.

This leads me to the battery. It should be clear if you like to cut 6000m² you need much more capicity. (Ok, I do not know in what time Husqvarna prays to mow 6000m²). Anyway. If you double capacity, you need longer charging times. Is it twice? I do nt know. It depends on the cell type you use. Sone are able to be quick charged, some not. (Most cheap batteries are low charge only, which takes it time).

I would prefere a cutting blade like the Husqvarna. The cus is excellent, and the cost for new blades are moderate.

Kind regards,
Kai

hi,
modification of the chassis should not increase much weight to move.

after some research: the 265acx
15v engines
batteries: 2x 22v 4250mA
Charger: 230v output 30v 8A

I have to find a way to charge 2 batteries at the same time for a charging time not too long

Hello Simon,

Do you have a motor curve of the '265acx' motor? It would be very interesting to compare that motor curve with the curve of the motor in the Ardumower shop (http://wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Motor_driver#Wheel_motors).

So, with this Ardumower data:
-max torque (motor torque 0.055 Nm, gear ratio 1/212 => output torque 2.5 Nm)
-rated current (500 mA / no load)

Regards,
Alexander

Hi,

as far as I know, ardumower does not support brushles motors, at least for now.

Best regards

Oben