Ardumower Mini Not functioning

On the first screenshot I see :
Status STCHK and on the same line I see bat 24.5 and chg 23.4

Is mower in the station that there is measured charging voltage 23.4 V ?

Alex

Hi Alex
My mini is a arduino megga, 2 L298N motor controllers connected to 2 current sensors, a buzzer and a push button. The arduino is powered by the USB from the pc and the motors by a 11.1 v Lipo battery. I also have connected a bluetooth device that is connected to to tx2 and rx2 on the mega.
The chassis and motors I am using are from a lynxmotion A4WD1 kit with HSIANG NENG 12 v 200 rpm 1:30 motors HN-GH12-1634T
The is no mower , charging station, imu, gps,sonar or anything else connected
Nothing can be measuring 23.4 volts so there is a mistake some where.
Thanks for your help
Max

Hi,

If you do not want the robot to monitor battery and charging voltage, set 'batMonitor = 0' in mower.cpp. Default is '1' because default settings are for the PCB. I have updated the Wiki on this.

Regards,
Alexander

first please check if batMonitor = 0' in mower.cpp

Alex

edit: oops, at the same time same from Alexander

Alex

one explanation :
as default is on the start set status STATE_OFF
but in your screen from monitor I can see status STATE_STATION
reason is :

Code:
case STATE_OFF:
      // robot is turned off      
      //checkTimer();   // deactivated due to safety issues. when mower is off it should stay off. timer is only active when mower is n STATE_STATION.
      if (batMonitor && (millis()-stateStartTime>2000)){
        if (chgVoltage > 5.0) {
          beep(2, true);      
          setNextState(STATE_STATION, 0);
        }
      }
      imuDriveHeading = imu.ypr.yaw;
      break;

so your batmonitor must be 1 because mower will go to STATE_STATION
without batmonitor must be still STATE_OFF

In mower.cpp lines 138 and 145 I have used batMonitor=0 and at other time =1
it does not make a difference the same error occurs.
I do not have any hardware attached to the mega to measure the battery voltage. I do have current sensors on the motor drivers attached to pins A0 and A1 I have nothing attached to A9

I really do not know what to do.\Max

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Änderungen der Konfigurationseinstellungen in der Mower.cpp Datei werden nicht übernommen

Wichtig zu wissen ist folgendes : Es gibt 2 Konfiguration Einstellungen. Eine in der Mower.cpp Datei und dann noch eine im Arduino Speicher.

Sollte eine im Arduino Speicher vorhanden sein wird diese immer vorrangig verwendet unabhängig von den Einstellungen in der Mower-cpp.

Das ist so gewollt.

Es soll es vereinfachen das man wenn man sich eine neue Softwareversion aufspielt man gezwungen wird jedes mal seine Konfiguration neu anpassen zu müssen.

Die Konfiguration Datei im Arduino Speicher wird angelegt wenn man die Handy App das erste mal verwendet und dort seine Einstellungen unter Settings speichert.

Wenn man möchte das die Einstellungen in der Mower.Cpp verwendet werden gibt es 2 Möglichkeiten.

1.- In der Serien Konsole die persönlichen Einstellungen löschen und dann den Mower aus und wieder einschalten.

2.- In der Handy App unter Setting " Load Factory Settings auswählen. Dann werden die Einstellungen aus der Mower.cpp Datei verwendet.

Sollen diese dann verwendet werden in den Settings noch "save Setting" drücken damit die Einstellungen übernommen und gespeichert werden. Neu booten nicht vergessen!

Changes to the configuration settings in the Mower.cpp file are not accepted

Important to know is the following: There are 2 configuration settings. One in the Mower.cpp file and then one in the Arduino memory.

If one is present in the Arduino memory this is always used as a priority regardless of the settings in the Mower-cpp.

This is so wanted.

It is to simplify the one when one is playing a new software version one is forced to re-adjust its configuration every time.

The configuration file in the Arduino memory is created when you use the mobile app for the first time and there its settings under Settings saves.

If you want the settings in the Mower.Cpp to be used there are 2 possibilities.

1.- In the series console, delete the personal settings and then switch the Mower off and on again.

2.- In the mobile app under Setting "Load Factory Settings", select the settings from the Mower.cpp file.

If these are to be used then in the settings still "save Setting" press so the settings are accepted and stored. Do not forget to reboot!

Gruß
Uwe

OK when in the serial monitor main menu I pressed r delete robot statistics it finally worked.
Basically as you said even though I was changing the mower.cpp file the new values were NOT being uploaded.
Did I miss this in the documentation or is this an omission as I have just wasted 3 days on this issue.
Never mind we can now make some progress.
I would be grateful if some could read my bluetooth topic as I now want to get bluetooth connectivity working. Maybe its related. I will know in 10 minutes

regards
Max

I have moved the 'settings' section in the Wiki to the top - hopefully the information in the Wiki is more clear now:
http://wiki.ardumower.de/index.php?title=Azurit_Firmware_(English)#Settings

Oben