Wheel motors misalignment results in mower's drift

megacue

Good morning,

Don't know if this is the right place to post this issue, but anyway.

During my Ardumower's first tests I noticed a tendency to drift to the right, so in absence of obstacles it would drive in circles of more or less 5 metres diameter. On close inspection, it seems the left motor does not seat exactly perpendicular to the chassis wall, or rather the chassis wall at that point of the left side is not exactly parallel to the right side's. As a result, the left wheel "points" slightly inwards, therefore pushing the machine to the right constantly.

For the time being I have wedged the left motor against the blade motor (test pending), forcing alignment with the right one, but I don't like this solution much so I will be looking for something better.

In any case, I think there is room for improvement here, i.e.: future chassis versions could benefit from a solution which assures rigidity and alignment of the power train assembly, which in itself could lead to a lighter (thinner) chassis.

Opinions?

Regards

Manuel

EDIT: The wedge solution did not completely solve the issue but definitely it has been an improvement: the mower not always drifts to the right now and, when it does, I would say it does not drift as much as before. Maybe there is some additional factor at play here.

Oben